NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

That was Soundwave? OMG ....awesome!

Did you notice that the guy doing Soundwaves voice was the guy who did the voice of Megatron from the cartoon! Yes, this film is full of win :D

Hmm. Alot more people voicing TF 2 distaste.

When TS came out I was told I had too high expectations of an action movie, seemed everybody on the board absolutely loved it. Took it's time but now I don't feel so alone.

*cries*

Shoot ´em up

Plot? What plot?

Very cool? Yes

Good music? Definetly.

This post was about as deep as this movie.

Shoot 'em up might be the best "Fuck story, lets be over-the-top-awesome" type of movie ever. What makes it great is that the writer never took it even remotely seriously, unlike films such as Wanted where they try a little too hard to be cool.

Seriously, people need to watch it for its comedy factor. It's almost a piss take of the whole "awesome action movie" genre.

The Hangover: Awesome funniest film i've seen at the cinema in ages. Still not as good as Old School though. 8.5/10

Transformers 2: Pretty good mindless action drivel. Too many annoying human characters, I don't gaf about Sam's college roommate, not to mention the one dimensional marines from the first film. I just want to see big robots destroying each other/ cities and Meagan Fox running in slow motion (which was delivered). 6.5/10

Shouldn't have watched Transformers 2. Didn't like the first I thought it was bollocks. The second though, jeez. 2 hours of Megan Fox not acting, 10 minutes transformers. Shit humour, even shitter script. Also man what the hell was it about? Some random robot kid wanting revenge for no reason. The Fallen? LOL Best battle ever, so good it was over in 2 minutes. What was with the really shit army defence. "Megatron is guarded by 50 million sonar nets!". So that'd be one sub that gets blown up then, brilliant. The best security in the world guarding some metal thing, can't stop a metal tiger though. I think it deserves a 1/10 for the lolfactor of people dying. I'll stick to Bad Boys 2 if I want a Micheal Bay film. Ah well, only my opinion. I'd rather watch something, well.....errm good.

I find it people go to this film expecting lots of great acting and an amazing story line, Im pretty sure Megan Fox is in the film for more obvious reasons than to produce a oscar winning performance.

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen

Alright film, I think I might prefer the first, but the army bullshit at the end went on for too long, plus I'm fairly sure Shia's concept of distance is fucked. I thought the return of Robotboy [or whatever] would piss me off, but I welcomed his return.

When you realise Hugo Weaving is Megatron, the voice takes on a weird quality.

Quick question though, the crane at the beginning, when the fuck did it's wheels get that big?

Also, there was a RIDICULOUS amount of swearing (awesome!)

It was awesome with that, especially with all the little kids in the audience.

Quick question though, the crane at the beginning, when the fuck did it's wheels get that big?

The tracks of the thing rolled up into the wheels. :):yay::bowdown:

terminator-salvation-flash-poster.jpg

I was expecting to hate it, secretly hoping to love it.

It was amazingly bland (For example, could the opening credits be any less exciting). I didn't know it was possible to make a post-apocalyptic war against machines, in a fight for mankind to survive, boring. I do now.

Also, what was with the random fire everywhere? It was like some cheap music video.

It wasn't even especially bad. I'm docking extra marks for wasted potential, especially after Sarah Connor Chronicles got cancelled.

4.5/10

Drag Me To Hell was great. The scares came just where they ought to be, and were no less jumpy for it. The light-heartedness was as much as I expected it to be, but the main character's Bruce-Cambell-esque lines towards teh end of the movie felt a bit forced, a bit wrong.

I loved the retro Universal logo at the start, and the general 70's b-movie feel throughout. Executed thoroughly well, and only a few mites of predictability (button/coin.. sigh. I said aloud in the cinema "it's blatantly the coin" and there were murmurs of agreements from around me), but overall a very enjoyable cinema movie!

17/20

Minority Report

For my entire life, I assumed this was a Bourne esque, but trashy special effects action film. Explosions etc.

Instead, In read in Radio Times that it's a Philip K. Dick story, and that it was good.

I really enjoyed it, not what I expected at all, all those ethical issues I love in Sci-fi stuff (lots of elements found in BSG in this). Tom Cruise was good, I thought. Not my favourite actor...he seems to me to be the same person in every film? Maybe just me.

But no, very interesting and some excellent set pieces.

I haven't read the original story, so I don't know how much I can pin on Spielberg, but the "cute/innocent kid" quota was filled in this too. Which always annoyed me. And the very end made me go "eww". Maybe that's in the book though.

8/10

Transformers 2 - 8.5/10

I really enjoyed it, probably on par with the first in terms of story line. Better fights in this one and loads more trademark Bay explosions. I did enjoy the fact there were more links to the original cartoon series with the matrix of leadership and jetfire (even though he was called skyfire in the series - his background was still similar).

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/reviews/transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-michael-bay-147-mins-12abrgigantic-matt-aselton-97-mins-15-1711232.html

Just though I'd post another review of the Transformers film.

The Winslow Boy (Remake) - 7/10

Really quite good I thought, if perhaps a little short for my liking. Basically a film about a father trying to clear his sons name, as the son has been kicked out of a naval academy on accusations of theft. Well written and acted, nicely subtle in places, but concludes at a rather odd point and seems to cut itself short a bit.

One paragraph in and I already love him;

Not wishing to overstate the case, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is the pretentious, nonsensical, sexist, jingoistic, militaristic, CGI-dependent, product-placement-packed, hectically edited, punishingly loud, wearyingly long, eye-wateringly expensive, and, I predict, phenomenally profitable exemplar of everything that is most repulsive about Hollywood today.

Basically a summary of the first for me, and I assume the second from what I hear. Even noted the weariness which made me fall asleep in the first (hadn't happened before or since in a film, whilst sober).

Can't wait to see Transformers 2, given that quite a few of you seem to be loving it!

I couldn't really fault the first and the sequel seems to be more of the same!!

What do you like about it out of interest? Never seen either of the films so I feel some balance is needed in me right now, I hate the film before I have even seen it :heh:

Today I watched Saw 2, 3 and 4. I am sure that these films are now forcing me to act out a real-life "game", where I eventually stab myself in the eye in order to escape the horrors of bad film making.

Hi these films aren't scary or interesting what-so-ever/10

Really good though, can't wait to watch the fifth tomorrow.

Are you sure it wasn't all the long words he used?

LOL!

Also, I must not know what pretentious means, if he thinks Transformers is pretentious.

What do you like about it out of interest? Never seen either of the films so I feel some balance is needed in me right now, I hate the film before I have even seen it :heh:

Good: Explosions, CGI and Megan Fox's body.

Bad: Everything else.

True Lies

Another classic Arnie movie, complete with the classic "You're Fired" line. Can't find no faults with this no matter how many times i watch it.

10/10

Tranformers*is*shit,*Shia*LaBeouf*can't*act*and*Megan*Fox*is*a*dirty*tramp.**Sorry.

Urg... Posting on an iPhone made that really weird.