NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

You put Saw II > Saw?

You = megamental.

Megtal, if you like.

Nope, Saw is the best movie out of them all (you can't fault it except for the question I posted earlier) but Saw II is my favourite because of the traps and Amanda looking quite sexy (don't ask), lmao.

I admit Saw is better than Saw II (of course it is) but I thought Saw II had better traps and clues.

When Obi played the tape and it said 'Remember Obi, once you're in Hell, only the devil can help you out'. He goes in the furnace, pulls the second needle and the furnace door closes and flames light up and the devil is painted on the other side of the furnace.

And the numbers are on the back of your mind, you just need to follow the rainbow. And all the people had different coloured numbers on the back of their head

^ Stuff like that.

But yeah, in my order:

Saw > Saw II > Saw V > Saw III > Saw IV

Edited by Animal

Nope, Saw is the best movie out of them all (you can't fault it except for the question I posted earlier) but Saw II is my favourite because of the traps and Amanda looking quite sexy (don't ask), lmao.

I admit Saw is better than Saw II (of course it is) but I thought Saw II had better traps and clues.

When Obi played the tape and it said 'Remember Obi, once you're in Hell, only the devil can help you out'. He goes in the furnace, pulls the second needle and the furnace door closes and flames light up and the devil is painted on the other side of the furnace.

And the numbers are on the back of your mind, you just need to follow the rainbow. And all the people had different coloured numbers on the back of their head

^ Stuff like that.

But yeah, in my order:

Saw > Saw II > Saw V > Saw III > Saw IV

Holy shit, I agree. She's a weird kind of sexy! 100% agree. Couldn't tell you why she is though....you're probably the same.

Mutual psycho attraction five.

Sorry, only just checked up on this.

I didn't say it was pointless. I said I couldn't empathise with it and couldn't understand how other people could do so much, when human loneliness, isolation, alienation, whatever you want to call it, is so much greater than that film could ever hope to convey.

Feeling alone in a big city, on the other side of the world, I get that, I understand the whole film. I also appreciate it but I feel that if that's what people think real isolation is then of course this film will appeal to them.

It's a neat film. I get why people like it.

As valid as your post is... I was talking to Murray. :heh: You're still awesome, mind...

Holy shit, I agree. She's a weird kind of sexy! 100% agree. Couldn't tell you why she is though....you're probably the same.

Mutual psycho attraction five.

YEAH! EXACTLY! My mates think I'm weird because they don't but I can't explain it. In Saw, I was like "No way" and in Saw II, I was like "WOAH!" lol.

She's sexy in a....dark, gothic-emo-y, sort of way...I can't explain it.

saw2_slideshow2.jpg

Ah the 'Is Dr Gordon alive' rumours have been raging on for years!

I've read that in the next installment he's the bad guy... or that he was infact behind everything all along, or something.

It boggles the mind.

Ah the 'Is Dr Gordon alive' rumours have been raging on for years!

I've read that in the next installment he's the bad guy... or that he was infact behind everything all along, or something.

It boggles the mind.

I heard the 'behind everything' rumour. But would he really saw his own foot off to prove it wasn't him?

Yeah good point. Plus it would just be such a ridiulous twist even for Saw standards.

Or maybe they could be like fuck it lets go all out for Saw VI and have Gordon appear with a prosthetic foot loaded with weapons and gadgets that he uses to fight

Hoffman

and go all out in a duel. Hell bring back Danny Glover as his trusty sidekick.

The duel would eventually lead them to a volcano lair that Jigsaw had previously constructed. There, a newly resurrected Jigsaw would emerge from the molten rock riding a giant version of the creepy doll and a 4-way battle royale would commence.

ILM to do the lava effects of course.

Yeah good point. Plus it would just be such a ridiulous twist even for Saw standards.

Or maybe they could be like fuck it lets go all out for Saw VI and have Gordon appear with a prosthetic foot loaded with weapons and gadgets that he uses to fight

Hoffman

and go all out in a duel. Hell bring back Danny Glover as his trusty sidekick.

The duel would eventually lead them to a volcano lair that Jigsaw had previously constructed. There, a newly resurrected Jigsaw would emerge from the molten rock riding a giant version of the creepy doll and a 4-way battle royale would commence.

ILM to do the lava effects of course.

LMAO. I agree it would be stupid if that happened. I think he survived, paramedics find him and then he should awake in another trap. Depending on where it could go, it could work.

Million Dollar Baby

I cried, but not at the bits you were supposed to cry at (I think).

The bit where she bought the house for the mother actually left my throat dry. And the bit where Danger is in the ring.

Stunning to watch, especially considering I'm not a fan of boxing. (And I love how I assumed Hilary Swank wasn't a good actress because of her name).

8.7/10

Million Dollar Baby

I cried, but not at the bits you were supposed to cry at (I think).

The bit where she bought the house for the mother actually left my throat dry. And the bit where Danger is in the ring.

Stunning to watch, especially considering I'm not a fan of boxing. (And I love how I assumed Hilary Swank wasn't a good actress because of her name).

8.7/10

8.7? Technically a really good film. I knew you'd cry, you're a weeping machine.

---

The Lost World

My favourite film of 1997!

Not seen in full in about 12 years, but I LOVED it when I saw it in the cinema (6 years old, a lot of it went over my head). The classic image of Julianne Moore lying on the cracking pane of glass over a zillion foot drop on the side of a cliff, not daring ot move, lest it shatter. I like that it's not just the first rehashed (like the third was).

7/10

As valid as your post is... I was talking to Murray. :heh: You're still awesome, mind...

I'm working on getting Intolerance!

You cannae blame me for trying.

8.7? Technically a really good film. I knew you'd cry, you're a weeping machine.

8.7 is a really good mark, bear in mind.

I just wanted to say that even though personally I don't like it that much, I do understand it and its appeal. Having said that I love the look and the music is just awesome. I cannot argue too much with a lady who's going out with Thomas Mars.

@ Daft, have you seen Evil Dead: the one with the woods and the cabin and the hand? Actually brilliant and quite hilarious.

I've seen the [i think] the third, The Medievil Dead. With the clone which comes out his shoulders. Classic.

I've seen the [i think] the third, The Medievil Dead. With the clone which comes out his shoulders. Classic.

The Medievil Dead?! Is that the name or your way of describing?

There is Evil Dead. Evil Dead 2 which is practically interchangeable with the first then Army of Darkness. All are great. Army of Darknes drops the guise of horror and is basically just comedy.

The Medievil Dead?! Is that the name or your way of describing?

From the Wiki:

Army of Darkness (also known as Evil Dead III, The Medieval Dead)

[spelling error aside]

From the Wiki:

Army of Darkness (also known as Evil Dead III, The Medieval Dead)

[spelling error aside]

It was a legitimate question on my end, no need to go quoting the wiki. I really didn't know it had that name elsewhere. Honestly it fits the series more than Army of Darkness.

@ Daft, have you seen Evil Dead: the one with the woods and the cabin and the hand? Actually brilliant and quite hilarious.

Hell yeah!! I have the trilogy on DVD. Army of Darkness, the third one, is my favourite. Too many amazing bits to list. :heh:

Ah-ah, Evil Dead is so awesome. :heh:

But yeah, the 2nd one (the one Molly mentioned) is the best one. So awesome. :yay:

I not seen any of the Evil Dead films. One day, it will happen. One day, when you're all alone.

anchorman or the movie made for quoting

The film grows on me, i find it funnier ever time. Its so unbelivably stupid that i spent the whole film giggling, especialy at brick, hes flipping great!

comedy gold 9/10

Wake up Ron Burgendy orweclome to averagevill

wow, what a let down. as much as i love the first, this was just a mess. I get that it wasn't ever really intended as a movie, but still, it was clunky, and frankly, i can see why so much of it was cut. had a couple of funny moments, but outher then as a bit of fan service, it wasnt worth watching.

the cutting room floor exists for a reason 4/10