NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Surely its got to be the original three first!? Other wise the whole "Luke I am your father" bit and the fact that Luke and Leia are brother and sister is completely ruined!

Ma sister rented out the Client...was a very good film with some very funny moments.

8/10. Liked it.

There have been some pretty suspect views on films posted in this thread but that is without doubt the worst.

In the Mood For Love

Technically it was quite stylish for what it is and such, but it wasn't really my kind of thing.

The Departed

Very sweet movie right here, so many good actors in it. Jack Nicholson is golden!

10/10

Shangai Noon - My brother got it for my b'day, it was far more cheesy than I recalled, but an alright way to spend a couple of hours on a rainy Sunday.

All is well though, I ordered TMNT (UK copy as I only had a US copy before), Friday Night Lights, Groundhog Day and Dead Men's Shoes on DVD this week.

So tonight it's a takeaway pizza and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles with the Mrs.. If I impress her by quoting every line before it's said in the film I'm sure to get some action.

If I impress her by quoting every line before it's said in the film I'm sure to get some action.

LMAO:laughing:

The devil wears Prada

It was ok, but it didnt really intrest me

6/10

True Lies

WOW! I'm a huge action film fan and never have watched this film. It was really good. Very James Bond-like, just with Arnie. Very funny moment too.

9/10

The Chronicles of Riddick Director's Cut

It's very different to Pitch Black but I'm glad for that. There's nothing worse than a souped up part 2. The Necromongers are quite a strange idea but very well executed with lots of interesting characters and Riddick is even cooler than in the first film. However, he is more like an anti-hero now instead of a cold killer. Still a great action-sci-fi film. Especially how they created Helion Prime is absolutely outstanding and the war also feels quite accurate.

8/10

True Lies - What a bad film even for James Cameron.

What? Your mad. Mad I tell you!

True Lies - What a bad film even for James Cameron.

Haha True Lies is fab just for the quotes.

"We're ganna go catch some terrorists, we're ganna beat the crap outta them, we're ganna have a real good time" :bouncy:

Click, nice mix between funnny and sad. did have some good emotional scenes at the end but overall was quite a disapointing Adem Sandler movie.

7/10

The Queen

Set around the events of Dianas death, this film is somewhat adoring of the Queen but is rather deliciously snide of everyone else. Michael Sheen is brilliant as Tony Blair, and it's strong performances all around. Godd stuff though a little strained.

7/10

Also

and Renassance look incredible. Can't wait for either.

Just got back from seeing World Trade Center. Wasnt that bad but it wasnt great either. I was expecting something very emotional and moving but it didnt really strike a chord with me. The final lines that Nic Cage says in the film are very good though.

7/10

The Departed

Excellant movie. Strong script, great performances (especially from Nicholson. completely awesome from start to finish), and just had that Scorsese class spread all over it. The part with the strap-on was a bit fucked-up, but still...

9/10

Also saw The Full Monty again yesterday. 8.5/10. Still an enjoyable heart-warmer.

The Departed

Excellant movie. Strong script, great performances (especially from Nicholson. completely awesome from start to finish), and just had that Scorsese class spread all over it. The part with the strap-on was a bit fucked-up, but still...

9/10

I'd also give it a 9. I've never seen a Scorsese film before but it certainly lives up to his reputation. I enjoyed it and it had that dark sense of humour I seem to have.

DUKES OF HAZZARD!

Pretty good, some very funny moments. 8/10

The cock-ups at the end was the best bit as always.

FLATLINERS.

Kiefer Sutherland, Kevin Bacon, Oliver Platt, yer man Baldwin and Julia Roberts at their young finest with a pretty good story to boot.

If you havent seen this or havent heard of it then something is missing in your life.

Also

and Renassance look incredible. Can't wait for either.

Isn't Renaisance out? Looks interesting. Is it the one set in France?

Isn't Renaisance out? Looks interesting. Is it the one set in France?

I don't know. It might be out in some places - looks like much more of an alternative action film, so I doubt it would have a national rollout. My dinky wee cinema thrives on this sort of stuff, but as a more alternative venue can't always get the latest prints first.