NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Tell me Something

Korean remake of Se7en, and I have to say despite the language barrier it's probably more accesible to you all. Free on Film Four tonight.. getting a rerun later in the week it rounds up Film Four's Korean season.

The film is less farfetched.. there was some really weird detective work and quite a complex plot for the average film goer.. this is more accesible by making the detective work more believable.

There's more blood too, but Fincher's gritty style that made him a master of film is still in tact. It's quite a bit better.

While Se7en was an absolute classic with an all star performance from Kevin Spacey. This film totally rules.

It'll be a late one, but I honestly urge you to check it out.. and stick with it. It's not as narrative intensive as Se7en and there's less character rivalry- perhaps that's a culture barrier I've been oblivious to by their body language.

If you liked Se7en definitely check it- it's not too repetitive and you will appreciate the references.

If you are up for a gritty crime thriller and haven't seen Se7en (Why not!) then check it out. Much deeper than your average kack.

8/10

Jerry Maguire

Man I love this flick, its one of my favourite films of all time. The whole relationship between Jerry Maguire ( Tom Cruise ) and Rod Tidwell ( Cuba Gooding Jr ) is just outstanding. I know alot of people consider it a chick flick but I think there is alot more to the film than the whole love story side of it. Its annyoying to think that Tom didnt get an oscar for this and for Last Samurai, but then he is hated in Hollywood so its understandable.

10/10

Maybe it's cuz I'm young but I didn't find any of it funny.

It may be one of those films that you find a lot funnier once you get older?

Last night, i sat on my sofa, with a warm blanket, a big bag of malteasers, and watched Predator. Night's in don't come much bigger than this.

10/10 for the night-in.

9/10 for the movie. There's so many good one liners that you will be quoting for the rest of your life. GET TO DA CHOPPA!!

9/10 for the movie. There's so many good one liners that you will be quoting for the rest of your life. GET TO DA CHOPPA!!

"If it bleeds, we can kill it!"

Though my personal favourite has to be when Arnire nails a Commie to the wall with a knife.

"Stick around!"

Terminator 2

Simply a classic. Good special effect for its time and the story is gripping throughout. Especially the future Sarah Connor sees and how nobody believes her adds a lot to the film.

Also Arnold Schwarzenegger's performance as an actor is outstanding. You really think he is some kind of stupid machine that can't show any emotions and talks monotonously :P :D

9.5/10

Frequency

Just sat down and decided to watch this on dvd as it has been ages since I seen it. It is an outstanding film which not many have heard of. If you like Time Travel flicks then give this a look.

9/10

Frequency

Just sat down and decided to watch this on dvd as it has been ages since I seen it. It is an outstanding film which not many have heard of. If you like Time Travel flicks then give this a look.

9/10

Is that the one with Dennis Quad in it? or am i getting confused? It is a very good film if it is.

Is that the one with Dennis Quad in it? or am i getting confused? It is a very good film if it is.

Indeed it is, glad someone else has seen it and enjoyed it.

Frequency

9/10

Great film. Seen it about 4 or 5 years ago, and bits of it sice then on TV. I've been trying to find it on DVD for the last cou7ple of months, alas, no luck. I suppose I have to get onto Amazon.

Anyway,

The Player- 9/10

Very good film. Certainly one for the fans of films and the industryGreat ending.

"If it bleeds, we can kill it!"

Though my personal favourite has to be when Arnire nails a Commie to the wall with a knife.

"Stick around!"

Outrage: my dvd copy is some kind of bastardised cut that, for some reason, deos not feature 'stick around'. It's fine to see a mans still twitching arm being blown off at the shoulder, or a dudes head exploding, but nooooooooo! not a classic one liner and knife death!

Four Brothers

Just got this on dvd as many people said it was outstanding and they were right. Mark Walberg plays an amazing role in this film as do his co-stars. It had planty of action and a great storyline.

9/10

Four Brothers

Just got this on dvd as many people said it was outstanding and they were right. Mark Walberg plays an amazing role in this film as do his co-stars. It had planty of action and a great storyline.

9/10

Yes, a great film. I was amazed how versatile Wahlberg could be - I mean he often is kind of a sunnyboy or something.

The Last Samurai

Tom Cruise is fantastic in this and overall a great movie! Very emotional at some points and alot of blood!

9/10

The Grudge (Japanese original)

Chances of you getting a chance to see this are slim and none.

But if you do.

Ask to see the DVD then burn it!

It is a crime against cinema.

2/10.. I guess..

The Goonies (SCI FI channel earlier tonight)

Still by far the greatest film ever and my favourite.

11/10

The hostel

8/10

Tarentino is a psychopath!

Its got nothing to do with Tarrantino really its Eli Roth thats fucked up.

The Last Samurai - Would of been great if ITV didnt feel the need to throw adverts and the news inbetween..

Memoirs Of A Geisha

Just watched this for the first time and I totally loved it. I think the whole style that films such as this and others like Flying Daggers and Hero bring to the screen is outstanding. The sheer beauty of these kind of films just cannot be matched.

10/10

The Departed,

I liked it, most of my friends didn't. It was partially predictable, enjoyable, funny in places. The three people I went with seemed to care more about Martin Scorcese and his directing skills, and from that PoV I guess it was disappointing, but I just took it as a story at face value and had a decent night out. The ending wasn't great though, seemed like he tried too hard to avoid a cliché ending but got one anyway. All the actors were on top of their game, although I'm not sure about Damon's accent....

7.5/10

The Devil Wears Prada

This was actually a very good film. I went in with expectations that I will leave the cinema fairly pleased but there was the depth in the character (the boss woman) that made me feel really sorry for her and just the overall movie made me smile all night, a good feel good movie. A really nice movie, after watching it you feel like hugging your most hated enemy (kinda).

8.7/10

Elvira Mistress of the Dark

I love Elvira. She is pure attitude. Shes also very sexy.

Elvira.jpg_thumb.jpg

9/10

Its Booberella!

Has anyone here seen the History Boys? It's supposed to be good, apparently, so I'll probably see it tomorrow.

Has anyone here seen the History Boys? It's supposed to be good, apparently, so I'll probably see it tomorrow.

I thought it looked good from the trailer, but the Sunday Times gave it 1 star :/