NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

I'm sorry, but i honestly thought it was rubbish. If you can explain to me why it is so great then please do, because great acting aside, the film on a whole was a let down. I will only accept that you like the film when you justify why, because i'm not one for saying something is good just because the critics say so.

well that's alright then. i thought you ight be implying it wasn't a monumental work of immense genius or something insane like that.

Wall-E.

A magical, beautiful story that warms the heart. As well as this is carrys with it the message of environmental care without necessary just shouting "Save the Trees!" at you. Also for a silent film it builds an amzing bond with the lead character. The best since Pixar film since Toy Story! 10/10

well that's alright then. i thought you ight be implying it wasn't a monumental work of immense genius or something insane like that.

That's exactly what i'm saying. And i still havn't seen why you think otherwise :p

I was replying to Solo at the time

anyway as you asked: TWBB is probably the best character portrait I've ever seen. It's an epic portrayal of greed, hate, vengeance and betrayal. It's stunningly directed, impeccably cast, the score is a work of sublime genius. The script is incredible. It doesn't push you in to any conclusions, provokes open interpretation.

I could go on. It's amazing. What on earth are you on about?!

Holy shit, Oxigens gonna go fucking mental.

THIS IS GONNA ROCK!

Sirens wail, military personnel deploy onto the streets, parents grab their children and flee for shelter. Not even Bruce Willis and his team of all-American blue collar space men can save us now.

Some people just don't like films like that (Ive not seen it, so Im not one to judge by the way...I may or may not like the film) but I can understand if something is designed solely to do that and give that impression, I can understand why someone wouldn't like it tbh.

anyway as you asked: TWBB is probably the best character portrait I've ever seen. It's an epic portrayal of greed, hate, vengeance and betrayal. It's stunningly directed, impeccably cast, the score is a work of sublime genius. The script is incredible. It doesn't push you in to any conclusions, provokes open interpretation.

That's because it doesn't push you anywhere =/

Anyway, i can see why the things you've said can be interpreted in that way, and it might just be that it wasn't my cup of tea. I did originally say the acting was great, and it is, but even with the dark motives and such, the story still didn't grip me. I think that was the main problem for me. And i disagree on the score; long, drawn out screeching notes does not rate in my book as genius.

Bygones be bygones, one man's dirt is another man's gold.

10,000 BC

To be honest I thought it was abit well, shit. I was hoping for abit more, but I never really got into the story much.

It seemed to be a rushed film, one minute girl gets taken, next minute army, next army kills huge city.

Eh?

2/10

Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor

5/10

Only becuase it was enjoyable, ans cause when I watch films with my peers, they becomes comedies.

i agree with averything you said, but still found it boring. as much as i respect the film, it was also pretentious as hell and not an easy one to get drawn into. doubt id give it anouther go

10,000 BC

To be honest I thought it was abit well, shit. I was hoping for abit more, but I never really got into the story much.

It seemed to be a rushed film, one minute girl gets taken, next minute army, next army kills huge city.

Eh?

2/10

your forgetting the most wtf moment, were they randomly introduce magic at the end.

10,000 BC

Eh?

2/10

Well, what else did you expect from a Roland Emmerich film? :indeed:

I could go on. It's amazing. What on earth are you on about?!

in a how many buzzwords can you use in a review.. this wins :)

Hancock 6/10

Enjoyable popcorn flick but could have been so much more. Gets worse as it goes on.

in a how many buzzwords can you use in a review.. this wins :)

If I put the effort it, I'm pretty sure I could use every superlative I know for that film. One of the best I've ever seen.

Well, what else did you expect from a Roland Emmerich film? :indeed:

Well originally it looked amazing, I was impressed. It wasn't even worth renting from blockbusters on a whim! :shakehead

Die Hard with a Vengeance.

Top quality film. Has mounds of replay value.

10 Shabba's out of 10.

Well originally it looked amazing, I was impressed. It wasn't even worth renting from blockbusters on a whim! :shakehead
Mind you, on the other hand so did another one of his films, "Day After Tomorrow". That looks freaking amazing in the trailers, but turned out to be a steaming load of s***.

the mummy tomb of the wotsit

awfull. it didn't have anything going for it. the story was poorly stuck together, dialogue weak, acting non existent. i was bored! maybe 3/10

Oh my god is The mummy 3 so bad. For one thing Maria bello who replaced rachel weisz is so shit, they really should of done their best to keep her. And the emperor is no way as good as imhotep. There is one line at the end of the film that can show how bad the film is. Brendan frasier saying "go rule........in hell". So very very bad

There is one line at the end of the film that can show how bad the film is. Brendan frasier saying "go rule........in hell". So very very bad

Did this film even have the same writers? From what I can tell, the people who wrote the script hasn't seen both films, as shown from multiple "jokes" about the "fact" that Rick has only defeated one undead guy (completely forgetting that he also defeated the Scorpion King).