NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

Did this film even have the same writers? From what I can tell, the people who wrote the script hasn't seen both films, as shown from multiple "jokes" about the "fact" that Rick has only defeated one undead guy (completely forgetting that he also defeated the Scorpion King).

Don't know if they have new writers but i know there was a new director. The worst thing bout all this is that they r planning on making another three of these

:shakehead:shakehead :shakehead

Make It Happen

Had to take my sister and her friend to this. Typical, harmless film, though at least it more interestingly about multiple types of dancing. I prefer watching burlesque-style dancers to hip-hop, though that was nice too.

Run of the mill harmless fluff. I kinda have no opinion on it. It was a bit rubbish at the end.

*shrugs*/10

Mind you, on the other hand so did another one of his films, "Day After Tomorrow". That looks freaking amazing in the trailers, but turned out to be a steaming load of s***.

I didn't mind day after tomorrow, some of it was pretty good, the whole boy/girl thing was annoying, but the actual weather stuff itself was good.

I'm still pissed about that film, I wanted it to be good, usually I don't have high opinions on films, but by god, it was rushed and annoying and damn right bad! :(

The Cat Returns.

School girl rescue cat prince, gets transported to the Cat Kingdom, turns into a cat and gets rescued by the statue of a cat, a fat cat, and a crow. Not bad.

I'm filing this one under "WTFN" (Why the fuck not?).

Godzilla 2000

Freaking awesome. However, since I could only get my grubby hands on a copy of the english dub, which wasn't all that wonderful, I'll have to lower the final score by a point. However, it did allow for some awesomely cheesey moments which made me almost piss myself out of laughter. In general, t'was good, the special effects were good, and the storyline was half decent.

7/10.

Not Another Teen Movie

So many funny moments in this, I love it. The Janey's got a gun bit, the cheerleader that swears constantly, Chris Evans basically nude. The list could go on.

Sheer enjoyment rating : 8/10

Be Kind Rewind

Overall funny and a good idea. I saw the ending coming from miles away and it was pretty boring an pointless at some points but the Ghostbusters part alone was worth watching this movie. I also really liked the whole idea of the fun of being in the movie. The quality indeed doesn't really matter that much as long as you are part of it and associate a great time with it. It's more of a memory actually. But I digress. Overall alright film.

6/10

Be Kind Rewind

I also really liked the whole idea of the fun of being in the movie. The quality indeed doesn't really matter that much as long as you are part of it and associate a great time with it. It's more of a memory actually.

shhh if oxigen hears you say it, he'l kill you.

also, i realised the end from the opening, which i was laughing at due to the crap cars etc.

Did this film even have the same writers? From what I can tell, the people who wrote the script hasn't seen both films, as shown from multiple "jokes" about the "fact" that Rick has only defeated one undead guy (completely forgetting that he also defeated the Scorpion King).

Don't know if they have new writers but i know there was a new director. The worst thing bout all this is that they r planning on making another three of these

:shakehead:shakehead :shakehead

Please no more, save the series now. Don't ruin it further.

One of my mates seen that new Mummy movie, told me that smacking my head into a wall is more fun and entertaining. Terrible movie and the same old "Killed the same undead guy......twice" thing was too boring (with no reference to the Scorpion King of which he killed). Which was amongst other moments, like the end line from Rick. Must of had a director who never seen the previous movies and a cast who are desperate for more money to make something like this. He said the best part was the credits at the end. I don't think i will see this from what he describes it as.

Just had a thought, the whole "Killed the same undead guy.........twice" moment is a dud. Rick only killed Imotep once in the first movie and not in the second. Now you must be wondering why i say this because in the second movie, you only see Rick kill The Scorpion King with Imotep looking on in regret and fully alive. Imotep kills himself at the end. Watch the movie to see.

So the whole "Killed the same un-dead guy twice" line is false and proves the director or the producer didn't see both movies or got told this lie by someone.

Be Kind Rewind

Overall funny and a good idea. I saw the ending coming from miles away and it was pretty boring an pointless at some points but the Ghostbusters part alone was worth watching this movie. I also really liked the whole idea of the fun of being in the movie. The quality indeed doesn't really matter that much as long as you are part of it and associate a great time with it. It's more of a memory actually. But I digress. Overall alright film.

6/10

I actually really like the film. It's obviously not going to blow the watcher away, but its a nice story, some nice acting and a good watch. Plus the Ghostbusters bit cracks me up, they're new theme tune had me chuckling.

Equilibrium

Really sucked!! 1984-esque sci-fi but it was so clichéd and predictable... generally of the acting was poor (though arguably that was the point, given their injections, ect) but gah.

Quite funs though, and i do like my dystopia, but only gets a

6 / 10

Godzilla 2000

Freaking awesome. However, since I could only get my grubby hands on a copy of the english dub, which wasn't all that wonderful, I'll have to lower the final score by a point. However, it did allow for some awesomely cheesey moments which made me almost piss myself out of laughter. In general, t'was good, the special effects were good, and the storyline was half decent.

7/10.

godzilla.gif

GOJIRRA!

Equilibrium

Really sucked!! 1984-esque sci-fi but it was so clichéd and predictable... generally of the acting was poor (though arguably that was the point, given their injections, ect) but gah.

Quite funs though, and i do like my dystopia, but only gets a

6 / 10

You be crazy. Equilibrium is freaking amazing and has very good acting. It's actually pretty comparable to Matrix in a lot of ways in my book.

Yesterday was another historic day for awesomers (people who are awesome) worldwide. At some unrecorded time after midnight, me and ViPeR/Joe decided to watch The Terminator.

Now, there is a slight problem here. He had the dvd, and was watching it on his tv. Now, being over the interthreats, I could not use the same dvd as him, because I'm not magic. And, the other problem is that my videotape of the first film (yes, I still use videotapes. Religiously) was all the way in Brighton, and I'm in Newport. That's a lot of centimetres apart.

So, I turned to youtube, and some legend had uploaded the entire film, into about...10 or so parts! Whats more, is that this version was the remastered version, with all the funky soundeffects, (which I did not know about until ViPeY/Joey had told me).

Anyway, on with the programme. This film kicks arse. For those of you finding it hard to decide which film is better, T1 or T2, the answer is T1...hands down. The pacing of this film is great, leaving you barely able to catch your breath from the last scene. The scripting and dialogue is second to none, with one of my favourite speeches ever taking place in the parking lot after Reese encounters Sarah.

And the action...fucking brilliant. Arnie was born to play The Terminator, and it is such a shame that he never had the chance to play more villains. He was a menace.

11/10. One of my favourite films of all time.

For those of you finding it hard to decide which film is better, T1 or T2, the answer is T1...hands down.

I disagree, although it is for a somewhat odd reason: T2 has aged so much better. The original Terminator is very much a film of the '80s, whereas you could release its sequel today without people realising it's 17 years old.

Wait, that last bit just hit home.

I disagree, although it is for a somewhat odd reason: T2 has aged so much better. The original Terminator is very much a film of the '80s, whereas you could release its sequel today without people realising it's 17 years old.

Wait, that last bit just hit home.

Two has aged better, no doubt. But, the first film has its own "style." I really don't think it could have been done at a better time. The whole 80's and disco feel is perfect. Especially the scene when Arnie is scouring Technoir looking for his victim.

T2 has some amazing special effects, and the film does have a totally different look to it. A lot of action takes place during the day, particularly the scene in the Mall. Most of The Terminator is set at night. With the daytime scenes being mainly just filler, or character development.

I suppose I just find the '80s aesthetic inherently ridiculous, so it cheapens the first movie for me a bit. That isn't a slight against the film — it captured the era of its release fantastically — I just... can't relate to anyone with hair that big!

What? You mean you don't like the 80's hair that defied gravity? I love it! Everyone's kinda got a Jon Bon Jovi look going on, or Aerosmith-ness. And, in the middle of it all, is a Cyborg from the future. Out to KEEL SARAH CAAANNAAAH.

Nice Night For Wok.

Yesterday was another historic day for awesomers (people who are awesome) worldwide. At some unrecorded time after midnight, me and ViPeR/Joe decided to watch The Terminator.

Now, there is a slight problem here. He had the dvd, and was watching it on his tv. Now, being over the interthreats, I could not use the same dvd as him, because I'm not magic. And, the other problem is that my videotape of the first film (yes, I still use videotapes. Religiously) was all the way in Brighton, and I'm in Newport. That's a lot of centimetres apart.

So, I turned to youtube, and some legend had uploaded the entire film, into about...10 or so parts! Whats more, is that this version was the remastered version, with all the funky soundeffects, (which I did not know about until ViPeY/Joey had told me).

Anyway, on with the programme. This film kicks arse. For those of you finding it hard to decide which film is better, T1 or T2, the answer is T1...hands down. The pacing of this film is great, leaving you barely able to catch your breath from the last scene. The scripting and dialogue is second to none, with one of my favourite speeches ever taking place in the parking lot after Reese encounters Sarah.

And the action...fucking brilliant. Arnie was born to play The Terminator, and it is such a shame that he never had the chance to play more villains. He was a menace.

11/10. One of my favourite films of all time.

*shrieks slightly*

Lord. I was just coming here to post my review of T2: Judgement Day, to which I give 10/10, the same I'd give to Terminator.

I feel the winds of destiny change, let me tell you that.

But yeah, both are two of my favourite films ever. I can never decide which I prefer; It's like comparing Alien to Aliens.

EDIT: Hair-wise, I think Sarah's change of hair from one film to the next is important and noticeable for a reason.

The first is better. For me, the pitch black menace and atmosphere of the hunt is just better. I also hate the kid in 2 far more than I should admit. He's such a fucking tool.

It's great- no doubt about that. I just think the first is slightly better for being a bit grubbier.

I'm still going on T2 as the better out of T1 and T2. And i'm not saying that because of the special effects.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Watched this last night again, decent film and it saved Carrey from the diabolical Majestic performance. Only just got the whole story as well after a 3rd showing of it. 9/10

I love Eternal Sunshine. It's really rather wonderful.

I agree with you on that one :)