NEurope
Katie

Rate the last film you saw

3:10 to Yuma - Fucking amazing. I generally hate "westerns," so I was surprised by how hard this film kicked my ass. Ending was abrupt, but it all worked really well. 9.5/10

There Will Be Blood - Had to pause it a couple of times, as it meanders a lot (not as bad/awesome as Magnolia though) and I have a fairly short attention span, but it was a story well told. 9/10

3:10 to Yuma - Fucking amazing. I generally hate "westerns," so I was surprised by how hard this film kicked my ass. Ending was abrupt, but it all worked really well. 9.5/10

Love that film ^_^

I grew up watching westerns as my dad loves the whole wild west thing, (our pub is themed on it :blank: ) so after a few years of not watching them, this was a very pleasant watch ^_^

Armageddon

You can tell it's been a long isolated summer when I get choked up by the end of this film. Entertaining nonsense.

7/11

The Shining

Some amazing direction (specifically the trike bits) pretty epic.

8.5/10

Hercules

FUCKKKKK.

Haven't seen this since since I was little, was great cuz I couldn't remember 3 quarters of it :D

Amazing is all I can say, oh and the gospel women :heart:

Ooo fave song "Zero to Hero" ^_^

9.5/10

OMG, I love Hercules, tis second only to Aladdin in my book. I might actually go watch Aladdin right now : yay:.

OMG, I love Hercules, tis second only to Aladdin in my book. I might actually go watch Aladdin right now : yay:.

I want Alladin on dvd, but it's like £15 at the moment :/

Got Hercules for £6 ^_^

Fight Club

Bought it the other day on a whim remembering how much people go on about how good it is. I loved it, some fantastic acting, masses of violence and a twist I had no idea about until it happened. So glad I bought it. I'm growing on Brad Pitt as an actor now, after watching him in a few brilliant movies.

9/10

He's actually pretty good. He suffers, like DiCaprio, from being too good looking. I think they've been cast in roles where the requirements for their acting chops have played second fiddle to them being so handsome.

He's actually pretty good. He suffers, like DiCaprio, from being too good looking. I think they've been cast in roles where the requirements for their acting chops have played second fiddle to them being so handsome.

DiCaprio still annoys me somewhat personally, I think it must be because of Titanic. But after seeing Pitt in Se7en, Thelma and Louise and Fight Club he's grown on me alot. A much better actor than I thought he was.

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

Guillermo del Toro seems to bring over quite a fair bit of the style of Pan's Labyrinth which I actually liked. The bad guys are a lot more complicated and all the characters have little side stories and personal problems which actually works quite well in the film. The story flow is also more fluid and it's pretty funny as well. It seems though that Hellboy got toned down from the first movie which is quite a shame. The arena for the end fight was awesome as well. All in all the film does a lot of things right but suffers from a weak main story.

6/10

Having watched There Will be Blood, I really don't see any point in watching any other film ever again.

haha. Good reaction.

Impressive, no? I assume you've seen Magnolia because that's the likely exception from the rule.

Yah, Magnolia's a pretty excellent film. If was to make one single exception though, it would probably be Belle Ville Rendezvous.

American Psycho

I´m disappointed in myself for no watching this movie before.

The dialogue is great but some of the jokes felt a bit "tossed in"

I loved the acting especially Bale´s performance

I just can´t describe how much I loved watching this movie it´s just great on so many levels.

Anyone read the book it´s based?

Yeah. It's not as good, actually. It's more violent, less concise and slightly less of a comedy.

Oh well....

Not really gonna let me stop that from reading it though, was just hoping it would be a case of "The book is better then the movie"

It's...interesting. You know the bits where he goes on about music and suits? they're entire chapters in the book. It's all 1st person so it's kinda inside this obsessive, dark and savage mind. Thing is, I can't emphasise how violent it is in the novel. He does much, much worse things than in the film and I found some of it almost unbearable. It's fucking sick.

Still, I wouldn't say don't read it if you have an interest. It's worth a look.

Interesting... because in the movie all of the murders shown have a bit of satire in them making them look a bit less gruesome because your supposed to laugh at them.

Oh and fun fact, that scene where he´s doing that threesome?

My mum walked while that was scene was going.

Good times...

haha

best bit!

SU-SU-SUSSUDIO!

but yeah: the novel's murders are horrendous. All sorts of insanely fucked up shit I won't spoil for you but it's dark, evil stuff.

Sweeney Todd - Entertaining, but I didn't really know what else to make of it. Occasionally hilarious, but that seemed a bit inappropriate against such a tragic story, so...about a 7.5/10.

Still, I wouldn't say don't read it if you have an interest. It's worth a look.

Reckon I should read the book first or watch the film first? I have the book bought but need to finish up a couple others before I get started...

And have you read his other stuff? I read Less Than Zero - which was great - and Rules of Attraction - Which was good. I was just wondering how American Psycho compares to them.