Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Rate the last film you saw

Katie

Every time I see those Twilight/New Moon/whatever images, I feel the urge to punch the guy in the face. I don't even know why but somehow I feel he deserves it. =(

(never seen/read anything related to this series, and am not planning to)

Dazz, the books are so shit. They're lonelyhormonalchick-lit, written horribly.

At least the films spare us of the writing.

Oh yeah, I know what you mean sometimes. The book can be horribly written in some chapters but the events that happen and stuff like that is better in the book than it is in the movies. Like the movie missed half of the stuff.

Every time I see those Twilight/New Moon/whatever images, I feel the urge to punch the guy in the face. I don't even know why but somehow I feel he deserves it. =(

(never seen/read anything related to this series, and am not planning to)

You mean Edward? Same. I think it's because he's ugly...at least he is to me anyway. I think Rosalie is hot though.

rosalie.jpg

Why do you all hate it? I think it's because of screaming fan-girls or something mostly but if you picked up the book and hated it then fair enough.

Edited by Animal

that film was actually quite decent. The presentations made me laugh a lot! Someone has commmunication issues :P

Something you expect to be a faffy rom-com turned out to be strangely philosophical in the end! o_O

The whole film made me laugh to much. I loved it when the guy says the only payment he wants is a smile then does a creepy smile.

Then later on with the guitar hero thing and Vince Vaughan is like "I bet you £1000 dollars or do you only accept smiles?" then does the creepy smile.

awesome. :D

____

Anyway Robert Patterson doesn't look sexy he looks ill even when he isn't galivanting about the place as a magical pixie or whatever. :)

Why do you all hate it? I think it's because of screaming fan-girls or something mostly but if you picked up the book and hated it then fair enough.

Because I watched the film and thought it was one of the most boring things I have watched. That, coupled with the fact it is annoyingly popular.

Just a quick question, is there ANYONE on this website who likes Twilight? lmao.

And I totally agree Coolness, he looks so ill.

I like them!

Oh wait, no, I don't. They're what would happen if a wheelie bin and a pair of fake plastic breasts had a baby.

Way of the Warrior 10/10

TV movie, so maybe doesn't count, but I'm bringing it up anyway, because I'm sooooooo painfully avant garde.

The performances are universally good (for Star Trek) the plot is complicated (for Star Trek) the space battles are good (for Star Trek) and there is just the right balance of action, drama and humour (for Star Trek).

Note that I also give blowjobs (for Star Trek) out behind the cafe.

I don't hate Twilight. I've never seen it! It was on my want to watch list but got removed by my friend who doesn't like Twilight.

I'm scared to watch it. :p

Give it a chance. You might like it.

To be honest, I like any genre of movie, lol. And Iun, may I ask why you don't like it? Didn't you like the book or didn't you like the movie or is it because of the fangirls...? lol. Sorry about the questioning but I just wanted to know why since no-one I know won't give me a straight answer, lol. All they say is "I don't like Robert Pattinson." and neither do I but I still think the movie is good.

Edited by Animal

Give it a chance. You might like it.

To be honest, I like any genre of movie, lol. And Iun, may I ask why you don't like it? Didn't you like the book or didn't you like the movie or is it because of the fangirls...? lol. Sorry about the questioning but I just wanted to know why since no-one I know won't give me a straight answer, lol. All they say is "I don't like Robert Pattinson." and neither do I but I still think the movie is good.

Robert Pattinson left a bad taste in my mouth...

...and didn't call the next day :blank:

That and I found the characterisation over-idealised. Kind of like a reverse Hammer film, really.

That and I found the characterisation over-idealised. Kind of like a reverse Hammer film, really.

This is kinda the bud/stem/seed of why I hate.

It's ridiculous, idealised, romanticised characterisations are designed to make teenage girls go all tingly and lie back on their bed, clutching the book to their heart and sighing, lustily wishing Edward or Jake or Steve or whatever the other ones are called were there to ravish them and take them away to the forest where they can both jump arounds trees while suspended from a crane. But it's not just Mills and Boone stuff, they have ANGST. And they're dark and vampires = awesum!!!

I liked and enjoyed Twilight.

I know that you're not technically in my house (I hope) and that only your internet writings are, but still, I'm going to have to politely ask you to leave (plus I can smell alcohol on you. You sure you haven't been drinking mate?[/in joke]).

I know that you're not technically in my house (I hope) and that only your internet writings are, but still, I'm going to have to politely ask you to leave (plus I can smell alcohol on you. You sure you haven't been drinking mate?[/in joke]).

Hold me like you did in Viet Nam.

(In jokes mega FTW)

Population 346

I knew nothing about this movie before watching it, which is probably why i enjoyed it. Seeing Fred Durst in the opening credits kept my expectations even lower so i was suprised at how 'not terrible' the movie turned out to be.

Basically a census worker travels to a small backwoods town with a perpetual population of 346 and the movie basically covers why and how. The cinematography was well done, peppered with a few shocking scenes that made me watch the entire movie, something i rarely do these days. 7/10 easy

Watched the wrestler last night I feel this film is for wrestling fans, film was ok nowt special. 6.5/10

I'm a very anti-wrestling fan; I hate the whole concept of fake fighting. But I loved the Wrestler. One of the best movies I saw last year. Really moving. So bleak. I cried. The ending was superb too. Left me feeling things I don't even know how to verbalise.

I'd argue one of the most special movies I've ever seen.