N-Europe

Depressing Music

Domo Kun

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hate crybaby depressing music like radiohead, however i do like angry depressing music like mudvayne and tool.

I recommend most of the songs off Tool/Aenima or Mudvayne Lost and Found

Also Vermillion Pt 2 from Slipknot is rather depressing and Running Blind by Godsmack

Just because HIM called one of their albums "Love Metal" doesn't make it Metal. In fact, calling HIM metal is an insult to all Metal music. Pile o' crap.

If you ask them what is the genre of music they play, they'll say love metal. And yes the more recent things they have produced have gone little too much to the "pop" side. Probably beacause they released the album in the us too.

But depressing music... I know lots of them only problem is they're all in finnish. We are depressed by nature :D But for some reason faithless feels a bit depressing for me.

Edit: you could try listening to dimmu borgir. Now that's depressing...

Miles Davis depressing?! You what?

Oops, I meant to say Blue in Green, not All Blues. Like I said, I don't really find any music depressing, so I just picked one of the first mellow and pensive tracks that came to mind. The track is definitely tinged with a sense of sadness and reflection.

That's the best use of a cheesy grin at the end of a sentence I've ever seen.

U2 are a surprisingly good source for depressing music. I especially recommend 'Running to Stand Still' and 'Kite'.

I love both of those songs, I've got a really good live version of each if you want them (much better than the normal song).

Note to mods: bootlegs are legal so there's no reason to delete this post for talk of downloading

Do you have any proof of that? Everything I've just read on Google says otherwise.

Bootleg music is legal, it is simply selling music that record companies have not officially released. Sometimes artists kick up because they won't recieve royalties, but they distributed the music freely in the first place and so it's their loss. Piracy is copying/selling/redistributing music that has been officially, commercially released.

Do you have any proof of that? Everything I've just read on Google says otherwise.

A bootleg is mainly a recording of a live concert, that hasn't been released by the record company. As long as you don't make a profit of it you're fine. U2 have publicly said (as have a lot of other bands) that they don't mind you recording their concerts as long as no one makes any money from selling them.

Also, did you really have to search Google to check whether I was telling the truth or not?

Radiohead are definitely up there when it comes to depressing music.

The main contenders:

No surprises

Fake Plastic trees (definitely)

Creep

Street Spirit (maybe)

I think Yesterday went too soon by Feeder is one of the most depressing songs i've ever heard. It sends shivers down my spine everytime i hear it.

There's quite a few Oasis tracks as well.

Where did it all go wrong?

Sunday Morning Call (hell yes)

Rocking Chair

and far too many others to list. :)

Mogwai, Moby, DJ Shadow, Lou Reed, Belle and Sebastian, Blur, Incubus, Aphex Twin.. Badly Drawn Boy, Catatonia, Death in Vegas, Jose Gonzalez, Kid loco, Radiohead, Modest Mouse, Placebo, Spiritulised and Willy Mason.

Of course you have the blues too.

+ Stereophonics latest 2 albums.

Bootleg music is legal, it is simply selling music that record companies have not officially released. Sometimes artists kick up because they won't recieve royalties, but they distributed the music freely in the first place and so it's their loss. Piracy is copying/selling/redistributing music that has been officially, commercially released.

Bootlegs may also include concert tracks as Moria pointed out and that would include copyrighted tracks. Certainly the tracks that he mentions are available elsewhere and protected by copyright, whether the artist says it's okay or not.

As for the Google question, I try not to believe what people tell me until I've looked into it more. Best to stay away from bootleg chat.

Anyway ... back on topic ... Beck's Sea Change is quite sombre.

i have always been under the impression that a boot leg is only legal (this may only be in the case of distribution, but may be personal use too) if the artists involved have given you specific permission to record their show.