N-Europe

Single Player games for wankers

Pit-Jr

Funny quotes from Online gaming executives

EA-"...single-player is to media what masterbation is to sex;it will always be there, but it is not the real experience"

Sony Online-"..the single-player game is a strange mutant monster which has only existed for 21 years and is about to go away because it is unnatural and abnormal"

Microsoft- "...offline seems primitive at this point'

So playing a game of Zelda or God of War is abnormal?

The comparisons to masterbation dont insult me, as im sure these executives do so on a daily basis, but i think its a bit foolish to call single player gamers 'abnormal'

Hmmm... that is a little werid. There are very very few games i prefer online to offline. I love a good story and a great narrative rather than just shooting the crap out of everyone most of the time.

Games that are better online than offline:

Halo 2

UT/UT2003/UT2004

Battlefield series (1942, Vietnam, 2)

Thats pretty much it!

Call me weird if you must, but I would sometimes prefer to play games against AI where I can set a difficulty level, rather than real opponents. I have yet to use Halo2 on Xbox Live because I'm just a casual gamer and I would just get creamed competing against real people. I'm looking forward to using MK DS online soon, but that isn't the main reason behind me buying the game.

EA/Sony/MS are just pushing online gaming because there's money to be made from it. :indeed:

Sometimes you get tired of single player.

Sometimes you get tired of multiplayer.

If you get too much of either, they can get boring. Is it more fun to watch a movie together with others? Or does it take away your attention from whats happening at the screen?

There are positive and negative sides to both. But with a multiplayer game, you depend on someone else to be a good a player as you. If not it will suck. And if the other players are better than you, yuo will die and not have much fun playing.

I think those boys should play a game before they speak.

I prefer single player to multiplayer. There's a story and there are lots of different levels I complete for a purpose. For me gaming is a bit like reading a book, it should be enteraining and relaxing.

Online I fight on the same maps all the time, that's a reason why I didn't get into CS - all the time de_dust, de_aztec and three others and I feel it's a bit of a waste of time training a few hours every day so you can keep up with everybody else and that is especially annoying when you're friends are multiplayer fans.

However offline multiplayer is a really cool, playing against a few mates, especially when everyone is on the same skill level (lots of SSBM battles) and co-op is one of the coolest things there is because you really have to plan the next move and have to rely on your partner.

For me Nintendo's Wi-Fi service is very suitable. I can just log in for a quick game against someone with similar skills and don't have to worry about finding the right servers, equal players and such.

If you believe typing a few lines of chat to a person you will never meet counts as 'interaction', you probably need to get out more.

What is it if it's not interacting, communication through any form is a form of interaction.

And yes, I do need to get out more, but it's not easy when you're disabled.

This is true, but it's also true that Halo 2 has a great multiplayer.

It has a great match making system, the game itself is pretty generic stuff really.

Ive not really got into online gaming yet...maybe cos i dont have an xbox :P

But i do you believe that you cant beat having 4 mates round playing various multiplayer games such as Mario kart. You have the mocking, the joking, the laughing, the fights....great gaming atmosphere! Where as online it just doesnt feel the same when you beat someone you cant get in their face and take the piss...

But yeah one player games are still what i play the most.

If you believe typing a few lines of chat to a person you will never meet counts as 'interaction', you probably need to get out more.
Where as online it just doesnt feel the same when you beat someone you cant get in their face and take the piss...
hay, invisible text omg

xbox_360_headset.jpg