N-Europe

Tales of Symphonia Remastered (Switch, PS4, Xbox - 2023)

Hero-of-Time

5 hours ago, Eddage said:

Man, I remember this game looking a lot better than this!

I love this game and would absolutely kill for a full remake but this just looks meh.

It DID used to look better than this.  All of the HD versions are based on the inferior PS2 port (which runs at half the frame rate of the GCN original and features downgraded visuals).

The extra content isn’t worth it when the core gameplay is worse than the 60FPS GCN original.

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

I just can't say no to Tales of Symphonia, been a good few years since my last playthrough of it and I was only thinking not so long ago I would love to play it again so I will likely definitely be getting this.

Has it been confirmed if it will be digital only or if there will be a physical release? (Hopefully with a Collectors Edition set with some nice goodies)

22 hours ago, Mokong said:

I just can't say no to Tales of Symphonia, been a good few years since my last playthrough of it and I was only thinking not so long ago I would love to play it again so I will likely definitely be getting this.

Has it been confirmed if it will be digital only or if there will be a physical release? (Hopefully with a Collectors Edition set with some nice goodies)

There is a special edition, but it's with stickers, some prints and a steelbook*

*aka bullshit

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Dcubed said:

Absolute total POS.  Total garbage port.

Don't give Namco your money for this trash.  Just stick with your GameCube copy.

I saw this video also. After watching the one I posted it cemented my decision not to bother (unless it goes below a tenner on eShop) with this. After the first impression of hoping maybe we'd get future style full arena combat, it lessened to it to be just a lazy port, with minor graphical tweaks. It is that, and more. Unfortunately the more portion is just glaring pacing screens, lagging loading (and if I was hearing it right no English dub on the skits?!). And all that overlay stuff mentioned in your video, not much of it made much sense but it didn't sound good. It literally seems like they haven't added anything, and have actively taken stuff away.

Metroid Prime comes in and goes POW with an actual remastered version of a game. 

• Like 1