Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Dragon Quest III: HD-2D Remake - 14th November

Glen-i

Posted (edited)

Booooo!

Hitting your head with Zoom is quintessential to Dragon Quest's humour! Newcomers become proper Dragon Quest players when they make that blunder!

Hell, even Smash references it! You can't just ditch it now!

Edited by Glen-i

51 minutes ago, darksnowman said:

If you want to see it, it's at 20:06 in the video @Julius shared.

I'm afraid that's not it. That moment is actually the "Evac" spell, which is meant to be used indoors.

No, it's actually this picture:

018.jpg

It's the same animation as seen around the 21:14 mark in the video (it wasn't actually Zoom, it was the item with a similar use, but the principle's the same).

Makes no sense: what's the point of Evac then, if even a starting town item negates it completely?

Edited by Jonnas

4 minutes ago, Jonnas said:

I'm afraid that's not it. That moment is actually the "Evac" spell, which is meant to be used indoors.

No, it's actually this picture:

018.jpg

It's the same animation as seen around the 21:14 mark in the video (it wasn't actually Zoom, it was the item with a similar use, but the principle's the same).

Makes no sense: what's the point of Evac then, if even a starting town item negates it completely?

Is that screenshot from a different source to the video? The onscreen caption at 20:06 is saying you can use the chimera wing (same function as zoom like you say) to travel to previous areas and that you can use it indoors. Just for anyone that wants to see proof for themselves.

It's been possible to zoom directly from indoors in more recent titles so they are probably just bringing it in line with that. As well as the other tweaks and ways it is being streamlined.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, darksnowman said:

Is that screenshot from a different source to the video? The onscreen caption at 20:06 is saying you can use the chimera wing (same function as zoom like you say) to travel to previous areas and that you can use it indoors. Just for anyone that wants to see proof for themselves.

It's been possible to zoom directly from indoors in more recent titles so they are probably just bringing it in line with that. As well as the other tweaks and ways it is being streamlined.

It's from the ResetEra thread that @Dcubed linked to earlier.