Happenstance

Old NE Members

Recommended Posts

Right, someone start a Mafia game! I tried to do it before and if memory serves, I think I fucked up? Unless I'm thinking of another game... (I did Harry Potter and the Dark Mark Mafia).

I used to love reading the stuff you guys wrote in the writing section. Yes! That's it! I'm doing that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, soag said:

I've been reading back through some of my old posts... Honestly old me was a bit of a ass... Don't know how you all put up with me. 

as one of your closest friends for the better part of 20 years............

 

lol

 

:heart:

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, soag said:

I've been reading back through some of my old posts... Honestly old me was a bit of a ass... Don't know how you all put up with me. 

Well you were gone for a long time. That helped. 

😋

  • Haha 5
  • Weird 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Well you were gone for a long time. That helped. 

😋

Happy to help ♥ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the email about N-E missing me - I'm still here and checking the forums! I just hardly ever post...

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Supergrunch said:

I got the email about N-E missing me - I'm still here and checking the forums! I just hardly ever post...

Hey Supergrunch! How’ve you been?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll poke through the thread later, but yeah I got a random email mentioning all this so.....

 

Here I be still trudging along. 
 

Read through the thread while on break, I was still semi active until a certain user got on my nerves too much and I walked away. Popped in occasionally but not too often. Shared a Nioh 2 beta code with @drahkon

Edited by Nolan
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi lovelies. 

Like a few of you I got the email about older members. I do still check in from time to time, but life has been so chaotic the last few years! It sounds like most of you are doing well though. :D

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's awesome seeing so many old faces posting. I hope you all decide to stay for a while (or forever..... :p )

Last I remember you got engaged right @nightwolf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nightwolf said:

Hi lovelies. 

Like a few of you I got the email about older members. I do still check in from time to time, but life has been so chaotic the last few years! It sounds like most of you are doing well though. :D

NIGHTWOLFFFFFF :heart:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

It's awesome seeing so many old faces posting. I hope you all decide to stay for a while (or forever..... :p )

Last I remember you got engaged right @nightwolf?

I did! 

We were getting married on 4/4/20 (har har). But everything went to shit. SO we're hoping to get the go ahead on 10/10/20 instead. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nightwolf said:

I did! 

We were getting married on 4/4/20 (har har). But everything went to shit. SO we're hoping to get the go ahead on 10/10/20 instead. 

my sister is supposed to be getting married on the 11th September, but I think shes cancelling/downsizing.  One of her best friends and myself are super high risk (shes had cancer and i've got all sorts lol). I didn't ask her to but she says she'd never forgive herself if we got covid19.  Such a bummer. :(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Raining_again said:

my sister is supposed to be getting married on the 11th September, but I think shes cancelling/downsizing.  One of her best friends and myself are super high risk (shes had cancer and i've got all sorts lol). I didn't ask her to but she says she'd never forgive herself if we got covid19.  Such a bummer. :(

Aye, we were a party of 25. But have just decided to get mum/dads and just get married/meal at the time. 

We've got our honeymoon for NYC in November. 

The main thing to remember is that we will get married and he's the best, so it doesn't matter when :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nightwolf said:

Aye, we were a party of 25. But have just decided to get mum/dads and just get married/meal at the time. 

We've got our honeymoon for NYC in November. 

The main thing to remember is that we will get married and he's the best, so it doesn't matter when :)

I think we're looking at a party of 20, where it was 50 wedding / <200 reception.  All that matters is the person you love at the end of the day :heart: if my sister wanted to run off with 2 random witnesses i'd still support her.  

Its wild to think she booked this wedding in march 2018 and we didn't have a notion of what was coming

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nightwolf said:

We've got our honeymoon for NYC in November. 

I wouldn’t hold my breath on that destination choice. The US is not handling anything well right now, and it’s hard to guess what sort of condition it may be in a few months down the road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nolan said:

I wouldn’t hold my breath on that destination choice. The US is not handling anything well right now, and it’s hard to guess what sort of condition it may be in a few months down the road. 

I forgot to add, but yes. We're likely to keep moving it :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TFW you didn't leave enough of an impression to get called out by name despite having a post count in the top 10 :cry:

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dyson said:

TFW you didn't leave enough of an impression to get called out by name despite having a post count in the top 10 :cry:

What can we say Dyson, you suck.

tenor.gif?itemid=5637385

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Weird 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, it's lovely to see so many old names pop up again! Hello all! :) 

I still check the forum every day, but don't really post much myself. I might have to try and change that and be a bit more active!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing some of the old names pop up and seeing that old Who Are You thread linked in the new one has made me all nostalgic. I remember finding out that both Paj and Chairdriver were both from Edinburgh and then being shocked that I remembered them from high school and thinking how small a world it was (I'd then be more shocked to see Chairdriver on a TV program my partner had on in the background that was on BBC3 I think around the time he was in Oxford as well). I remember playing Halo 3 multiplayer with Letty and Jordan and few others back in the day and none of us managing to get it working for us to get into a match online as a party so it just became a game of hot potato for who was party leader. The good old days of playing mafia and feeling vindicated when no one believed me that the mafia were clearly electric pokemon and Dyson did me in in the night stage only to be nabbed the next day. Late night IRC with Rez and Claire and Co and chatting away with Raining. Meeting a bunch of you at one of the Meets after an overnight bus ride. Trying to keep up with Jayseven and his philosophising (I miss his threads that were just out there and also just miss the guy as he was a major help with getting my head in the right place for my English work at Uni). Rokhed's melt down (I don't know if its because I'm Scottish but I for some reason always pronounced that in my head as Rock-heid :laughing:).

Man, its so weird to think I've been around here for 12 years and it's strange to think about how many people have come and gone in that time. Its been a big part of my adult life and while I don't post as much anymore (my social anxiety seems to have extended online as I worry I'm being overly long winded and what not, exactly what I'm doing now) I still check in every day because it was the first community I was part of properly online and probably the only one I'll ever be with everything moving to social media.

Ahhh the good old days.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geeee peeeee its been a while!! So weird to see all these old usernames popping up again!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Raining_again said:

Geeee peeeee its been a while!! So weird to see all these old usernames popping up again!

tenor.gif

Raining!!! So good to see you on here again, along with many others, really does feel like a whole different lifetime ago. Hope you're keeping well during all this :D

I was reminded earlier today of meeting loads of people at the NE meet for the first time and couldn't stop laughing because my resounding memories from that are Jimbob calling me William Wallace and Rez. Think it was 2011 and we'd all shot across Hyde Park to try get out of the rain and ended up under the bridge like trolls and Rez was just sitting on the ground with a pen and paper drawing a massive cock as people were walking passed us all, looking concerned, as he was also trying to warn them not to step in the dog turd that was near by and asking people their thoughts on his drawing by holding it up to them :laughing: Man, I'd forgotten about that and seeing names crop up brought it all back. Even tho I ended up getting separated from the group, and we didn't exactly have a plan for what to do once the rain hit, that was still a great experience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved the NE Meets! I came to a couple, and brought Brian Mcoy along to one and my (then) girlfriend Zoe. And then, the following year when everyone came to Namco Funscape on Southbank where I was working.. that was really sweet, and it was ace to see everyone again! 

This place was my teenage years, to be honest, in a lot of ways. I hold it very close to my heart, primarily because of the mostly fantastic members, lots of whom I still talk to every now and then (Hi R_A!). I miss Gizmo. I see his avatar every now and then and lots of memories come back. There's even someone on the Eurogamer comments section called Gizmo and I'm fairly sure it isn't him, but whenever I see it I'm reminded of some very dumb posts we made.

It all came back a year or two ago when I stumbled on a text file of old PMs and instant messenger convos that I had no idea I had. In one of them, there was a conversation with "Bluey" who I remembered getting on really well with, so I decided to see if I could find them in the modern internet era. Not only did I find them, but it turned out we were both attending EGX Rezzed, so I made a point of finding her at the SpecialEffect booth (which is where she works) and surprising her. We swapped memories about the forum, she told me how Jamba was getting on, and I've volunteered at two SpecialEffect events since. :D

Edited by Dyson
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2020 at 6:45 PM, Beast said:

Nah, fair enough. I know that Mike1988UK changed his name to @LegoMan1031 too. What happened to the Playground here? Has it been deleted? I miss Mafia games! That would've been awesome to do during lockdown tbh. We missed a trick! 

I did indeed! (Hi!) Rare post from me, feel free to feel honoured.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2020 at 7:45 PM, Beast said:

What happened to the Playground here? Has it been deleted? I miss Mafia games! That would've been awesome to do during lockdown tbh. We missed a trick! 

We've "dredged up" too few of you to make a mafia game viable. Almost none of the mafia players have remained. There's only a handful that are actually still active here, but the majority of Mafia players is gone.

As for the playground, it got merged with the general forum a while back.. You can read back all the old mafia games, they're still there.

I still have some ideas for playground stuff, but I'm not sure when I have something to show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites