Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

SSBM - Who do you go?

Charlie

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pikachu - Good speed, the Down Smash attack is good for getting mulitple enemies, and using Thunder is always handy to knock characters off the stage easily, and quick attack is extremely useful.

Falco - Speed and a killer Down + B move.

Bowser - Slow, but hard to knock off the stage and packs a big puch. Also use B for quick (and annoying for other players) % increase.

Kirby - Good speed, good at getting back on the stage but is extremely light so gets knocked off fairly quickly. Be wary to use Down + B too often.

This is generally who I pick. But they all rock! (with exclusion of Dr. Mario.)

• 8 months later...
Roy as well. Powerful smash attacks, Marths are relatively weak compared to Roys smash attacks,

I choose Marth over Roy purely because he doesn't sacrifice speed over power.

Actually, almost all of Marth's attacks do more damage than Roy's correpsonding attacks.

Actually, almost all of Marth's attacks do more damage than Roy's correpsonding attacks.

Roy is a low tier, but I'm not sure if his attacks are weaker than Marth's.

Roy used to be my favorite character, but I was forced to change during Smashers Reunion a few weeks ago (Smashers Reunion = 4 day constant Smash Bros. tournaments with over 60 players).

Now I usually play with Marth, Samus, Falco, Link or Roy (if its a low tier match).

No, Marth does more damage.

Roy is a clone of Marth in that they feature pretty much the same movement and attack style, but their specifications are different. Roy seems at first to be a slower and stronger version of Marth, but he is actually almost the opposite; he has a fast dash, a fast and long dash dance, and a fast fall that gives speed to his short hop aerials almost as well as Marth, and his DED is very useful in battle, but his moves actually do rather low damage, and it is hard to land his primary killing move, his forward smash. It was determined professionally that Marth can KO better with his swordplay, which has a sweet spot on the tip of the sword, while Roy's sweet spot is more in the middle. Roy's forward Smash and chargeable B are decent at edge-guarding, and Roy has a great grab range like Marth and has a potentially effective move in his Counter, but it is his lack of a projectile, short recovery, and easiness to be juggled and comboed, added with his low general damage, that ultimately make Marth the better fighter. Roy is mainly popular to use in the single-player modes of Melee.