bob

COVID-19 (The artist formally known as Coronavirus)

Recommended Posts

my work have finally caved.  2 people off sick and they need me to do work.  So now i get to work from home.

 

YAAAAAHHHSSSSS thank god!!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Raining_again said:

my work have finally caved.  2 people off sick and they need me to do work.  So now i get to work from home.

 

YAAAAAHHHSSSSS thank god!!!

YAAAS QUEEN 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

YAAAS QUEEN 

I knew i loved you for a reason lol

 

I did some digging and messaged some of my colleagues.... sh*t is going down.  We have 8 staff (2 agency, 6 permanent) + 1 manager as standard.  Manager is off sick, 2 perm staff are off (one sick and one stuck in Australia) AND they are letting go of the two agency staff because there isn't any money left. All the remaining 4 staff's leave has been cancelled. Legit crisis.  I'm only getting to work from home because they need me. 

I had a feeling of distrust in my bones when i woke up this morning and i wasn't far off the mark. 

  • Weird 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Raining_again said:

I knew i loved you for a reason lol

 

I did some digging and messaged some of my colleagues.... sh*t is going down.  We have 8 staff (2 agency, 6 permanent) + 1 manager as standard.  Manager is off sick, 2 perm staff are off (one sick and one stuck in Australia) AND they are letting go of the two agency staff because there isn't any money left. All the remaining 4 staff's leave has been cancelled. Legit crisis.  I'm only getting to work from home because they need me. 

I had a feeling of distrust in my bones when i woke up this morning and i wasn't far off the mark. 

And it will be surprising how willing they will be for home working after this has settled down too I bet.

I'd tell them to fuck off if they tried cancelling my leave, let them try that "let's pull together as a team." Bollocks they push when giving you more work for once

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EEVILMURRAY said:

And it will be surprising how willing they will be for home working after this has settled down too I bet.

I'd tell them to fuck off if they tried cancelling my leave, let them try that "let's pull together as a team." Bollocks they push when giving you more work for once

the office situation is a problem at the moment hence why i think they are getting rid of the agency staff.  but that doesnt help in the short term.  I will be expected to come to work once the restrictions are lifted though.  I don't really want to WFH long term.  I like the seperation of work and home, because i do spend a LOT of time at home anyway in general.  That stress can stay away from my home environment!  But its better than doing nothing when there are no other options

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Covid year has been a banner time for businesses, organisations, and the government easily doing things they previously insisted were impossible when they finally had no other choice. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gaggle64 said:

The Covid year has been a banner time for businesses, organisations, and the government easily doing things they previously insisted were impossible when they finally had no other choice. 

 

guaranteed when shit goes back to normal they'll go back to the same ableist ways they once adopted too. 2020/1 has been a fuckin eye opener from a disabled persons perspective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Got my vaccination appointment letter in the mail yesterday. Wasn't really expecting it for a while to be honnest. Will probably send me another appointment a few weeks after the first shot.

 

EDIT: 12/3/21 first vaccination was done. Dunno when i'll be getting the next one though.

Edited by martinist
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minus a few blips here and there I think I've managed COVID pretty well so far considering my anxiety and depression were already pretty hard to cope with before everything went to shit. I've really been feeling it today though as I just had a weeks holiday off work and have pretty much not seen anyone in that entire time - which I was perfectly fine with but makes the thought of socialising at work again an absolute nightmare. I only have a short shift this evening though so hopefully I'll be able to keep my cool.

Had my first bout of inconsolable sleep last night/today, must have had around 11 hours sleep and still feel completely exhausted but I know its psychological so just trying to force myself to do tasks around the house and clear my head before I go out. 

I ate a whole packet of cookies in bed last night like an animal. It's not so much the thought of covid itself now, it's more the fact that before Corona I would constantly force myself to go out and socialise every day to keep on top of it, whereas isolation has enabled me to fall back into my old ways, I can't even handle voice calls on games or phone calls most of the time.

I also have a gaming date (using mics!) with some of my friends tomorrow that I used to regularly play fortnite with so hopefully I'll be able to join in with that without a hitch. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Our government keeps on shitting the bed.
Last year before summer it went very well, but recent months have been atrocious.

We're still lacking in vaccinations (it's unbelievable to see so many countries at a much higher percentage of people vaccinated), we keep extending lockdowns but with some weird stuff like "church gatherings can still take place" and every decision is so confusing that nobody knows what is allowed and what isn't.

The pandemic itself I've gotten used to quite a long time ago but the constant hassle the government is producing is exhausting...

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, drahkon said:

Our government keeps on shitting the bed.
Last year before summer it went very well, but recent months have been atrocious.

We're still lacking in vaccinations (it's unbelievable to see so many countries at a much higher percentage of people vaccinated), we keep extending lockdowns but with some weird stuff like "church gatherings can still take place" and every decision is so confusing that nobody knows what is allowed and what isn't.

The pandemic itself I've gotten used to quite a long time ago but the constant hassle the government is producing is exhausting...

It's very confusing now. I turned down meeting up with two different people last week outside for a walk as they're not in my bubble but they said you're allowed to exercise in a group - I thought that wasn't a thing until next week but now I'm questioning myself. From my experience lately people have been so unsure they're just making up their own rules. For my own sake and conscience I'm trying to stray away from doing that but everything is so muddy now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Josh64 said:

It's very confusing now. I turned down meeting up with two different people last week outside for a walk as they're not in my bubble but they said you're allowed to exercise in a group - I thought that wasn't a thing until next week but now I'm questioning myself. From my experience lately people have been so unsure they're just making up their own rules. For my own sake and conscience I'm trying to stray away from doing that but everything is so muddy now. 

I don’t  think it’s confusing, it’s just that people are grouping things together because they haven’t bothered to read the rules properly. They’re set out fine. At the moment you are allowed to go for a walk with one other person not in your bubble. 29th March you can meet up as a group of 6 or less outside or in a garden.

Edited by Happenstance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don’t  think it’s confusing, it’s just that people are grouping things together because they haven’t bothered to read the rules properly. They’re set out fine. At the moment you are allowed to go for a walk with one other person not in your bubble. 29th March you can meet up as a group of 6 or less outside or in a garden.

Have to agree on this. In my own experience, often when people have said to me it's confusing they haven't actually bothered to check the rules in any great detail. I get the impression that some people don't want to check the rules because the ignorance benefits them (they can break the rules and just say the rules are confusing).

 

There's definitely some aspects of the rules that have been confusing but limits on who and how many can meet up are laid out pretty clearly right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think the confusion comes from actually misunderstanding them, it's more that they've changed so many times now, and normally at short notice, that it's hard to remember which ones are currently in effect.

Whilst I'm sure there are some people who are just pretending to be confused so they can just do whatever they want, I think there are some that have just lost track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Goafer said:

I don't think the confusion comes from actually misunderstanding them, it's more that they've changed so many times now, and normally at short notice, that it's hard to remember which ones are currently in effect.

Whilst I'm sure there are some people who are just pretending to be confused so they can just do whatever they want, I think there are some that have just lost track.

Oh yeah, they change frequently, and that can be confusing. But some people who say they are confused probably feel that way because they haven't actually bothered to check the rules recently. I guess my point is that if people are truly confused and are about to do something they're not sure is allowed, it's something really easy to rectify (at least if you're computer literate).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Personally I think “confusing” is just being used as an excuse for laziness. If you want to know what the current rules are then look them up, it’s not hard. I also don’t even think that the fact that they change so often is a real excuse, we’ve been in lockdown from January which everyone knew about and then a roadmap of dates was released. That’s it. The tier system I will absolutely agree with but since January, not so much.

Edited by Happenstance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Happenstance said:

At the moment you are allowed to go for a walk with one other person not in your bubble. 29th March you can meet up as a group of 6 or less outside or in a garden.

Depends where you are, you can meet outside with others (4 adults at the moment) in Wales, no bubbles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of confusing:

164094245_10158857219373500_860134308502

 

"You can meet in a group of six from different households or a group of any number from no more than two households". Is that including your household or is that three households in total?

Also is this fifteen adult rule for support/parental groups alongside the "any number from no more than two households". If the two households had 20 people (unlikely I know) can those individual households still meet? Or is that limit of 15 in place? Or does that limit of 15 only count for support groups but not for meeting other households? If you have a support group of 15 can you still meet a household of 7?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont buy the "confusing" argument.  I don't buy the "government arent following the rules why should we" arguement.  Like really how difficult is it to be sensible.  Don't travel, don't see anyone unneccesarily, keep your bubbles small.

I havent seen ANYONE except for my parents (medical bubble) and my colleagues (neccesity) in well over a year and have spent the vast majority of the past year in my house alone.  I really really am just getting sick to the back teeth of people complaining about having to do 10 days or whatever isolation, because it mildly inconveniences them. 

I totally appreciate the people who are truly suffering, who have no income etc.... but in my experience so far the ones crying about "mental health" and "people are dying of cancer too" are the ones that are flouting the rules and making this thing longer for all of us.  :blank:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Speaking of confusing:164094245_10158857219373500_8601343085029327096_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=sD17ys9qSgcAX9dMZh6&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2.xx&oh=082797aa40125cbf357f9e010f7b0282&oe=60818ED6

"You can meet in a group of six from different households or a group of any number from no more than two households". Is that including your household or is that three households in total?

Also is this fifteen adult rule for support/parental groups alongside the "any number from no more than two households". If the two households had 20 people (unlikely I know) can those individual households still meet? Or is that limit of 15 in place? Or does that limit of 15 only count for support groups but not for meeting other households? If you have a support group of 15 can you still meet a household of 7?

It says "meet in" a group of no more than 2 households, so 3 households wouldn't be allowed to meet. And 20 (mostly kids) from 2 households could meet, but I suspect police might call bullshit if they caught whiff of some mass gathering.

 

As to the support group clash, that's a good question. But possibly very fringe, as I doubt you'd have a support group with only 2 households but with such large numbers of adults. I get the impression that explaining that exception would probably not be worth it (in terms of keeping the message fairly short).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Raining_again said:

I dont buy the "confusing" argument.  I don't buy the "government arent following the rules why should we" arguement.  Like really how difficult is it to be sensible.  Don't travel, don't see anyone unneccesarily, keep your bubbles small.

Oh yeah it's simple to be within the rules (as you outlined there), my point was it can be confusing to try and understand what the rules are. Some of that is down to how they're communicated though. I remember when the road map was first announced and they listed the six person thing on two different dates. Stuff like that is confusing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh yeah it's simple to be within the rules (as you outlined there), my point was it can be confusing to try and understand what the rules are. Some of that is down to how they're communicated though. I remember when the road map was first announced and they listed the six person thing on two different dates. Stuff like that is confusing. 
Out of interest what was the source for that? I went on the Government's main Covid page and the information on group sizes was laid out much more clearly. Was that a government page?63ba8194b6f3ad5218af5497a8be0e78.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was Simple Politics. Or Simpler Politics, something like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I have just had my second jab, which now means I'm more machine than man naow.

As like first time I wake up feeling like I've been hit by a paintball. More symptom reporting as it happens...

Edit: my body is attempting to reject this anti-virus software upgrade, I've been weak and achey all day...

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.