NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

E3 2018

Good reveal and shadow drop of Unravel Two there, first good thing in this conference!

Just seen that EA have thrown down the gauntlet for shadow drops for E3 with Unravel Two

Hopefully that’s a sign of things to come with the other conferences. :D 

EA should just scrap everything but their indie Originals strand, the only good sections of their press conferences are when they let the indie developers have the stage.

This show is an utter disaster. The Respawn "announcement" was laughable. 

Please let Anthem be good, at least. 

Oh and the two Originals looked good. 

Edited by Ronnie

Yeah, SoS looks awesome! :o

Here's hoping we'll get a Switch release. Now, to suffer some more cringe.... Really looking forward to more Anthem footage, and hopefully a launch date.

Is.... is EA seriously showing off a mobile game ON STAGE at E3?! What the hell is this s**t...

Just now, ArtMediocre said:

Is.... is EA seriously showing off a mobile game ON STAGE at E3?! What the hell is this s**t...

Mobile games make a hell of a lot of money.

Huber's bowed, shaking head when they announced it was Command And Conquer. Genius.

Okay, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order is nothing short of an atrocious title. Fallen Jedi Order is the best way to rearrange those words, and The Fallen Order would have been a much better title if they really wanted to reference the Jedi Purge in that way. 

Not surprising that they chose to show nothing - after all, we only got our first first real looks at Battlefront and Battlefront II in their respective years of release, and I suppose they don’t want to drown that or Anthem out, seeing as they’re both going to have futuristic sci-fi elements. 

We’ll probably get out first look during Star Wars Celebration next April, and a more detailed one next E3 (assuming that Anthem has successfully launched by that point). Smart release window to tie-in with the release of Episode IX, and it will probably tie into that with relation to the story, too.

Hopefully this means no Battlefront III next year. That will need some real time to cook, and hopefully they’ll be able to spread the love evenly between the three different major eras in the franchise, which they’ve failed to do up to this point. On that note, though, it seems like they’re finally paying attention to what fans want with the prequel era content that they’re launching, but it’s a shame that it’s so late. 

Edited by Julius Caesar

No loot boxes in Anthem, either. Battlefront II really done a number on EA. Good. :D 

Edited by Hero-of-Time

If this release date sticks, you gotta imagine Sony are going to move Days Gone. The game already has an uphill battle without launching alongside this.

34 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I remember a time when Command & Conquer was franchise that was respected. :( 

I have no problem with there being a C&C mobile game, I just don't want one where I have to play with other people.

I probably caught about fifteen or twenty minutes of that after skimming through for what I thought were the interesting parts (FIFA acquiring the rights to the UCL, Jedi Fallen Order, Unravel Two being shadow dropped, and some of the Anthem stuff...).

Was the rest of it as boring as I found these 15/20 minutes? Don’t know I particularly want to sit through the entire thing when catching up if so..

Edited by Julius Caesar

So that was a pretty poor conference overall from EA. Irritating host, unnecessary showing of a mobile game, that Respawn non-announcement, looping 5 seconds of gameplay for certain games over and over, and a general lack of game announcements and that's ignoring they Origin premium subscription nonsense.

Unravel Two and Sea of Solitude looked good (and nice to have a shadow drop of the former) and Battlefield V will be good for its multiplayer but there was so little there. For one of the biggest third parties, it was poor as the mobile game and SoS were the only new announcements. Anthem failed to even capture my attention, it just looked bland.

Thankfully, tomorrow onwards should provide the goods for the conferences.

25 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

So that was a pretty poor conference overall from EA. Irritating host, unnecessary showing of a mobile game, that Respawn non-announcement, looping 5 seconds of gameplay for certain games over and over, and a general lack of game announcements and that's ignoring they Origin premium subscription nonsense.

Unravel Two and Sea of Solitude looked good (and nice to have a shadow drop of the former) and Battlefield V will be good for its multiplayer but there was so little there. For one of the biggest third parties, it was poor as the mobile game and SoS were the only new announcements. Anthem failed to even capture my attention, it just looked bland.

Thankfully, tomorrow onwards should provide the goods for the conferences.

The whole thing just seemed really unpolished. Also, has Respawn's CEO always been that weird and creepy?

My heart skipped a beat when I just flicked through hear and saw "Command and Conquer". But, this really isn't what I wanted at all. Quite sad about that actually. Why can't we get a new C&C game? Tiberian Sun is still one of my all time favourite games.

• Like 2

I haven't seen the EA conference, but I heard they dug up Kane's body, raped it, kicked it, and pissed all over it for good measure, before dumping him back in his grave to rot. That sounds like quite a show.

Oh and they announced a bunch of other stuff.

Christ that was dreadful, made the case for Nintendo's pre recorded Directs even more valid! 

I found it really bizzare that they didn't announce platforms, specifically for Unravel Two. "The games finished and available now" brilliant, on what, though?

Only looking on other sites was I able to see it was on everything other than Switch, which is annoying, however having watched the IGN stream with the developer and he said it was literally because the team was so small they couldn't but still hoped to, that's fair enough.

Just an awful, awful show; the Madden nonsense was one of the worst things I've ever seen, young Kiv may be Madden champion but he has the personality of a chicken nugget.

• Like 1

The terrible Respawn bit, the pointless on stage Madden stuff, EA killing Command and Conquer a second time, Anthem having a really poorly presented "unveiling", EA continuing to be utterly tone deaf. Just awful. I actually thought their show last year was a decent enough presentation. This was all over the place.

But at least we know that Madden champion (does anyone actually care) went to the finals instead of his graduation.

Edited by Ronnie

Sign in to follow this