NEurope
Ronnie

Indie Games

So how come more people aren’t playing rocket league?

I don't own the game.

Or a Switch.

Nor do I like Rocket League.

But mostly the first two reasons.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

@dazzybee I dunno if this will effect your purchase but Worms does not allow you to play matches with friends online. The Nintendolife review points this out.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/switch-eshop/worms_w_m_d

Yeah, saw :( I just don’t believe it.... Especially after coming from Rocket League with an incredible system.... These companies.... so so lazy....

(probably still get it)

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I played the hell out of it back when it launched on the PS4. It's old news to me and I have no desire to pay money for a lesser version of a game I already own ( same as Doom ), despite how good the game is.

I have the PS4 version too, I woulnd’t say the switch version is lesser, same with Doom, I guess it depends on what’s important - graphics/performance or portability.... I personally love the portability, especially for rocket league. But fair enough if you played it and done with it, i didn’t get too into it before but been incredible playing through it. Just hope it uses the app in the future to see match results, voice chat and gets added to video recording asap

4 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

I have the PS4 version too, I woulnd’t say the switch version is lesser, same with Doom, I guess it depends on what’s important - graphics/performance or portability.... I personally love the portability, especially for rocket league. But fair enough if you played it and done with it, i didn’t get too into it before but been incredible playing through it. Just hope it uses the app in the future to see match results, voice chat and gets added to video recording asap

My life situation doesn't require me to need the Switch in portable mode, so when a game is hit with performance issues and takes a hit with its graphical performance it instantly becomes the lesser version. Not to mention the lack of online options/voice chat and the price being higher than the other versions.

If I've yet to play the game then it could be a different story but if I've played it before or own it elsewhere then I doubt I will double dip unless it's something special and runs the same as the other versions.

Just now, Hero-of-Time said:

My life situation doesn't require me to need the Switch in portable mode, so when a game is hit with performance issues and takes a hit with its graphical performance it instantly becomes the lesser version. Not to mention the lack of online options/voice chat and the price being higher than the other versions.

If I've yet to play the game then it could be a different story but if I've played it before or own it elsewhere then I doubt I will double dip unless it's something special and runs the same as the other versions.

Yeah that’s fair enough; I just thought as a fellow play-a-game-while-watching-the-football it could’ve appealed :D I just want more people to play with. @Kav and @Blade ??

6 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Yeah that’s fair enough; I just thought as a fellow play-a-game-while-watching-the-football it could’ve appealed :D I just want more people to play with. @Kav and @Blade ??

I would love to but I have far too many games.

I need to play more Splatoon 2, Mario Kart and Bomberman multiplayer as i dont play them enough.

40 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

Sorry dude, I don’t like Rocket League, it just ain’t for me.

• Sad 1

It's my Wheels of Aurelia review:

giphy.webp

[In no other game have] I ended up in a car race with a Fascist while trying to comfort my pregnant friend as she travels to France for an abortion as we discuss Italy’s oppressive abortion laws.

http://n-europe.com/reviews/wheels-of-aurelia

Appropriately enough I'm currently listening to Italian music too while posting this.

@Ganepark32 I know you were interested in this game.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dazzybee said:

What's wrong with me and @nekunando?

4 hours ago, Blade said:

I would love to but I have far too many games.

I need to play more Splatoon 2, Mario Kart and Bomberman multiplayer as i dont play them enough.

Yeah, same, but you’ll love it :D

So you fucking CAN play friends on worms. Nintendolife the cretins giving wrong information, modern day journalistic standards I guess... same shit happened with rocket league too! Lies. 

Oh well. Still good news. Glad I bought it now 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dazzybee said:

So you fucking CAN play friends on worms. Nintendolife the cretins giving wrong information, modern day journalistic standards I guess... same shit happened with rocket league too! Lies. 

Oh well. Still good news. Glad I bought it now 🤣

How the hell have they missed that? I wonder....was there a patch to download with the game? I'm thinking maybe the devs sorted it with a day 1 patch. This would explain the NL mix up.

35 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

How the hell have they missed that? I wonder....was there a patch to download with the game? I'm thinking maybe the devs sorted it with a day 1 patch. This would explain the NL mix up.

Nope. It isn’t really clear, there isn’t a friends option as such, just someone can host a room and a friend can join it. But also so can randoms... you can kick them from the group, but no passwords to lock them out. But still, it’s there. Phew!!

so who’s getting it? It being so slow, this really is a perfect handheld game while you’re watching something. 

So team 17 have released a statement about onmine with friends, saying you can, but they realise there’s no invite system and such and are looking into it. Good news. But all because of nintendolife misreporting it 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dazzybee said:

Who’s up for joining me and JBS on rocket league in the morning at 10?

Yup, I'm up for it.  My plans at the moment are to drop my son off at TaeKwonDo classes and wait out this infernal rain storm hitting us in a coffee shop.  Link up to their superior wifi and get some Rocket League in.  With a little bit of luck, there'll be a space in the shop, and I'll be on for about an hour, 10-11am.  If plans change I'll send another message.

5 hours ago, londragon said:

Yup, I'm up for it.  My plans at the moment are to drop my son off at TaeKwonDo classes and wait out this infernal rain storm hitting us in a coffee shop.  Link up to their superior wifi and get some Rocket League in.  With a little bit of luck, there'll be a space in the shop, and I'll be on for about an hour, 10-11am.  If plans change I'll send another message.

Just checked friends and saw you on rl. Awesome. Jumping on

Ok let’s go for it. Do you want to set up a match

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Started off so well then Leo joined in and took over for a bit

Great games. Do you have WhatsApp? 

No. Got an iPod Touch and no phone number. Tried to circumvent but never worked for me. I’m hoping this online app is going to be worth it next year, so it’ll be easier to chat and arrange. Had to dash off to pick my son up. Great games though, thanks both @JBS