Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Yesteryeargames has passed away

Ashley

I honestly don't know what to say. I usually lurk around all over the place and noticed he didn't post for a while but I never actually thought anything of it. Wow.

R.I.P. So sad to have lost you! Condolences to your family and friends and I wish them nothing but the best on such a sad and tragic time!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I don't even know what to say :( That picture in the original post embodied him perfectly in my mind, his enthusiasm and love for Nintendo games seemed unmatched but his attitude so agreeable.

Often people just stop posting here and I tend to assume that they've just gotten too busy or left us behind, but sometimes I do wonder if the reason is actually much worse.

Rest in Peace, Chris. I hope N-Europe was a source of enjoyment in your life.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spoken to his family and they'd appreciate any efforts we can make to help them in their fundraising.

The Just Giving page is here: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/t-cox and as Jimbob posted the Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/chriscoxmemorialfund/

I've let them know how much he meant to this place, how clear his love of gaming was and how much we enjoyed his company.

Hello everyone, This is Andrew, Chris' brother here. I managed to find his log in info so I could post this reply.

On behalf of myself and my family, I just wanted to thank you all for your kinds words. It's really comforting to know he was thought of so fondly. Reading your comments actually brought tears to my and my Mum's eyes :'(

I remember him coming up with the username - yesteryeargames - in the early 2000's and using it on gaming forums such as ntsc-uk and maybe Av forums?

Chris was not only my brother, but also my best friend. We shared so many of the same interests and we grew up playing and collecting video games together, a passion we shared up until his passing. I've since found it very difficult to even look at a video game, but over the past few weeks I've slowly begun to feel able to show an interest in gaming again.

Any donations to Chris' memorial fund would be very gratefully received. Thank you.

Hello everyone, This is Andrew, Chris' brother here. I managed to find his log in info so I could post this reply.

On behalf of myself and my family, I just wanted to thank you all for your kinds words. It's really comforting to know he was thought of so fondly. Reading your comments actually brought tears to my and my Mum's eyes :'(

I remember him coming up with the username - yesteryeargames - in the early 2000's and using it on gaming forums such as ntsc-uk and maybe Av forums?

Chris was not only my brother, but also my best friend. We shared so many of the same interests and we grew up playing and collecting video games together, a passion we shared up until his passing. I've since found it very difficult to even look at a video game, but over the past few weeks I've slowly begun to feel able to show an interest in gaming again.

Any donations to Chris' memorial fund would be very gratefully received. Thank you.

Thank you, Andrew. Sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Thinking of you and your family in this awful time. I believe we had a few exchanges in the past and he was a lovely guy. Rest in peace.