N-Europe

Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing Heading To Mobile

Hero-of-Time

Of course it wont be a fully fledged Fire Emblem game. In fact, I bet it'll be a mobile version of the Fire Emblem 0 card game that's currently doing the rounds in Japan...

FE0_zpsukcbfukf.jpg

As for Animal Crossing... Could we be seeing a tie-in to an upcoming Wii U game? (do pattern designs, house designs etc on mobile, transfer them to Wii U and carry on when you get home!) Given the Autumn release timeframe, that seems quite possible... (it's also the series' 15th anniversary this year... high time for a new mainline game!)

Edited by Dcubed

She's gonna be very disappointed if she's expecting a traditional AC experience here though...

May not be a bad thing.

The games themselves have barely changed over the years, might be worth slimming it down to a more dedicated experience. I think it's why something like HHD has done well.

Not surprised by Animal Crossing at all, but Fire Emblem is a weird choice I reckon. :hmm:

Not that it isn't a good fit for mobile (it obviously is) but weird because it's hardly one of Nintendo's most recognisable/accessible franchises. ::shrug:

Anyway, I'm guessing the AC app will be something similar to HHD, decorate homes and share the results on twitter etc... But it would be awesome if it was a more traditional AC experience, or it's a companion app and were actually getting a new AC on Wii U! :hehe:

Anyway, I'm guessing the AC app will be something similar to HHD, decorate homes and share the results on twitter etc... But it would be awesome if it was a more traditional AC experience, or it's a companion app and were actually getting a new AC on Wii U! :hehe:

Funny you and I should say that...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1212219

Nintendo’s Next Mobile Apps: Building on the positive consumer reaction to Miitomo, Nintendo announced that its next two mobile apps would be based on the familiar and beloved Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing franchises. (...) Nintendo will design the latter game so that it will be connected with the world of Animal Crossing for dedicated gaming systems.By playing both Animal Crossing games, users will find increased enjoyment.

He he, was I right again? Man! I'm on a roll! :hehe:

Edited by Dcubed

It looks to be a companion app that interacts with other AC games.

Nintendo’s Next Mobile Apps: Building on the positive consumer reaction to Miitomo, Nintendo announced that its next two mobile apps would be based on the familiar and beloved Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing franchises. (...) Nintendo will design the latter game so that it will be connected with the world of Animal Crossing for dedicated gaming systems. By playing both Animal Crossing games, users will find increased enjoyment.

A new one seems likely.

About this mobile Animal Crossing game being a big hint that Nintendo were working on a mainline Animal Crossing game for Wii U.

An Animal Crossing game on a Nintendo console. That was quite a wild speculation you had going there ;)

About this mobile Animal Crossing game being a big hint that Nintendo were working on a mainline Animal Crossing game for Wii U.

I'm sorry, when did they confirm they're working on an animal crossing game on the wii u? I'm pretty sure it'll be an animal crossing game for nx as it's a perfect hrbydi showcase, but I'd never state that as fact like you have and declare "I'M RIGHT AGAIN!!! ABOUT SOMETHING I'VE JUST MADE UP!!!!!"

And what is the 'again' about?

I'm sorry, when did they confirm they're working on an animal crossing game on the wii u? I'm pretty sure it'll be an animal crossing game for nx as it's a perfect hrbydi showcase, but I'd never state that as fact like you have and declare "I'M RIGHT AGAIN!!! ABOUT SOMETHING I'VE JUST MADE UP!!!!!"

And what is the 'again' about?

Where do I make a definitive statement? I've still yet to do anything of the sort. My guess about it being an app that ties into a mainline AC game for a dedicated game device was correct, but I've still yet to state definitively what console it's gonna be for ;)

That being said, I would guess that the timeframe suggests a Wii U AC game coming out this Autumn (probably October, given past AC release dates); the fact that it's the series 15th anniversary this year and that the NX isn't coming out till next year is another hint as well. Note that I still haven't made a definitive statement ;) (though I'm feeling pretty good about this one coming to Wii U :hehe: )

Edited by Dcubed

Where do I make a definitive statement? I've still yet to do anything of the sort. My guess about it being an app that ties into a mainline AC game for a dedicated game device was correct, but I've still yet to state definitively what console it's gonna be for ;)

That being said, I would guess that the timeframe suggests a Wii U AC game coming out this Autumn (probably October, given past AC release dates); the fact that it's the series 15th anniversary this year and that the NX isn't coming out till next year is another hint as well. Note that I still haven't made a definitive statement ;) (though I'm feeling pretty good about this one :hehe: )

I quoted you saying Wii U... And you gloating about being right again? How more definitive do you want to sound. Also, an animal crossing mobile app comes out, surely 99% of this forum would presume it would play along with a console release? Bizarre thing to gloat about being right!!