Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Twilight Princess HD (4th March)

Hogge

Managed to pick up my copy a few days early. The game looks pretty damn good for the most part and I'm pleased how much I'd forgotten as it's like playing a brand new Zelda title.

Was the intro to the game always so tedious? I feel I've been stuck in the starting section forever after going back and forth to the twilight realm.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Over the last 4 months, I've been placing a pre-order and then cancelling, repeating many times. I finally decided to.....not buy this game. I've got too many others to play on Wii U and 3DS to justify another purchase, no matter how good the game.

Yeah that's me this time as well.

You people really don't like the number 8 do you? :heh:

I'm tempted to go back through the Wind Waker thread and read the outrage that happened in that. Good times. :D

Still have yet to preorder the game. I'm just not excited in the slightest for it. Simply Games is selling the base game ( don't want any of that German rating rubbish on my front cover ) for £29.99, so there is a little bit of temptation.

£30 for a HD remake that's more substantial than the whole Uncharted Collection seems like good value for money.

Twilight Princess is still the most content packed and feature rich game that Nintendo have ever made or published.

Skyward Sword is a close second in that regard, but the sheer scale of TP's dungeons top it. It really was an incredible production and delivering a HD Remaster of it was no doubt not a small feat!

Hats off to Tantalus for the great job they did on it! :D

It still screams laziness to me. We could have had a completely new game. Give that we've already had a Zelda remake and we've a Zelda title coming this year, I'd have much preferred a new game over this.

..especially when I consider I can just put the Wii game into my WiiU and play it. It's possibly the least needed game of any game they could've dug out from ther back catalogue.

Do you have to?

It still screams laziness to me. We could have had a completely new game. Give that we've already had a Zelda remake and we've a Zelda title coming this year, I'd have much preferred a new game over this.

..especially when I consider I can just put the Wii game into my WiiU and play it. It's possibly the least needed game of any game they could've dug out from ther back catalogue.

We're getting a new game though...

We're getting a new game though...

I think he means that they could have spent the development effort to bring this out on a new game (not necessarily Zelda).

That being said, I am not sure that Tantalus can do much more than be a porting house.

Perhaps they could port F-Zero GX next. :grin:

...We're getting a new game though...

...you know I'm not talking about the new Zelda when I say we should be getting a new game right?

I think he means that they could have spent the development effort to bring this out on a new game (not necessarily Zelda).

That being said, I am not sure that Tantalus can do much more than be a porting house.

Perhaps they could port F-Zero GX next. :grin:

Exactly my point, thank you. Even if it has to be a port then another game other than Zelda is needed more. Your example of F-Zero is perfect... although I'd have loved a Waverace Blue Storm port!

Edited by Kav
Automerged Doublepost

To be fair, a new title would take a lot more resources and so would have had a much later release date

Maybe a Wave Race, F-Zero and 1080 Triple Pack ;)

This wouldn't have done. Hell, even one of them would've been more well suited.

£30 for a HD remake that's more substantial than the whole Uncharted Collection seems like good value for money.
This reflects so poorly on you Ronnie... not that I expect you care. It's also the exact same type of behaviour you used to call out Wii on.

Twilight Princess is still the most content packed and feature rich game that Nintendo have ever made or published.
Wow, do you really think so? I haven't played TP since it launched but I remember mainly being concerned at how completely empty and dead the overworld was. I would say Wind Waker and Majoras Mask both feel far more content rich than TP. And then something like Super Mario 64 which just oozed content, replayability, depth, secrets... outstrips it even further.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!