Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Twilight Princess HD (4th March)

Hogge

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be absolutely amazing if they have an option for playing with Skyward Sword-esque motion controls. They were absolutely perfect for me and I'd love to see them used in other Zelda games.

That said, I'll be perfectly fine with playing with the gamepad. Especially if they add cool gamepad features like they did with Wind Waker HD... And I guess I'll need the gamepad anyways to utilize my amiibo figurines.

It would be absolutely amazing if they have an option for playing with Skyward Sword-esque motion controls. They were absolutely perfect for me and I'd love to see them used in other Zelda games.

They would need to completely re-do the combat system in the game, way too much work.

• 1 month later...

Much like the Triforce Quest in WWHD being cut back, the Tears of Light appear to have been too

The scans below don’t show any major change compared to the original on Wii (besides the graphics), but we did manage to spot one. One of the screenshots below show the fight against the Twilight Bloat, at Lake Hylia. One of the right side of the screen, we can see the Vessel of Light, with the Tears of light.

On the Wii U version, there is 10 Tears of Light in the Vessel of Light…

Tears-of-Light-Wii-U.png

Tears of Light Wii U… but there’s 15 of them in the Wii version:

Tears-of-Light-Wii.jpg

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/zelda-twilight-princess-hd-less-tears-of-light-famitsu-scans/

I think the same thing happened with Wind Waker as well, in the initial reveal for it everything looked a bit awkward - Link in particular looked pretty lanky, but as we know when it was released everything was perfect. It's hard to tell with these scans but it does look a bit nicer.

I haven't played it in a long time so i've forgotten about how long the Tears Of Light quests took but I can't remember them being much of a problem. Were they that cumbersome? I'm mostly hoping that they alter the very start of the game a bit, we spend a bit too long farming for my liking.

Where is best to pre-order from? I had a quick look and the usual places all seem to have it for around the same price, any of you guys know of anywhere that has it for cheaper at all?

Wow. Mind totally blank. I can't remember a lot about that game though.

Same for me too. Apart from the first few dungeons that I had to repeat (reasons) most of the game is a played through once situation that I don't remember much of. Couple that with the utterly deadful picture quality on the LCD HDTV at the time, I'm looking forward to playing through again. Might get WWHD and play through WW again. Or start and finish SS for the first time...though part of me hopes for a HD remake. A trilogy of Zelda HD remakes for Wii U would be excellent and to be honest...has a good chance of happening. I really want to see a third title to OOT/MM using the same engine, too.

Interesting find from Gaf/Amazon FR. The listing of the game + amiibo has this.

De nombreux bonus avec les amiibo « The Legend of Zelda » : posez tous les amiibo liés à la série The Legend of Zelda pour bénéficier de différents bonus dans le jeu, comme recharger le carquois de flèches ou la jauge de cœur. Le nouvel amiibo Link Loup vous permettra même d’accéder au donjon inédit « La Cave du Crépuscule » ! Il enregistrera également des données qui pourront être transférées dans le prochain épisode de la série sur Wii U.

Or roughly translated in English:

Unlock bonuses with "The Legend of Zelda" amiibos: Tap all the amiibos for the Zelda series to unlock bonuses in the game, such as regenerating your life, or getting arrows for your bow. The new Wolf Link amiibo even allows you to get into a new dungeon: "The Twilight Cave". The data recorded on this Amiibo can even be transfered to the next episode on Wii U.

So a new dungeon may be on the cards, that's if this turns out to be true.

Ooh nice. Wonder what is saved to it though

But thanks to the product page on Amazon.fr, we finally have some proper details about the game. First, we learn that The Legend Zelda: Twilight Princess will have a Hero Mode, in which damage are doubled. Good news for players who already played the game on GameCube and/or Wii: it will be available right from the start! What’s more, you will be able to switch from Hero Mode to “Normal Mode” at any time.

The product page also mentions the items, that you can select easily via the touchscreen of the Wii U GamePad. You will be able to switch items without interrupting gameplay, which is a pretty neat feature.

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/zelda-twilight-princess-hd-to-have-a-hero-mode-extra-dungeon-unlocked-via-amiibo/

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Wow! They're actually adding new areas to the game!?

Seems that the changes may be more extensive than we first thought :)

TP is a game that could do with lots of little tweaks and additions... Seems like they're trying to flesh out Hyrule Field and add more stuff to find and do within it :)

I noticed from the scans that Link can now hold up to 2000 rupees now as well, so hopefully that'll put an end to this...

twilight_princess_put_rupee_back.png?w=840

Here's hoping that this new dungeon makes extensive use of the Spinner! :D

Edited by Dcubed

It will be interesting to see if this new dungeon ( again, if true ) will be available via any other means. If not, you could be looking at a Splatoon type kick off where people aren't happy with the content already being on the disc but once again locked behind an amiibo/special edition of the game.

It will be interesting to see if this new dungeon ( again, if true ) will be available via any other means. If not, you could be looking at a Splatoon type kick off where people aren't happy with the content already being on the disc but once again locked behind an amiibo/special edition of the game.

Some people would complain even if it's in it without needing the amiibo.

The Amiibo use is interesting in that it allows you to share data between this and Zelda Wii U... Just what data exactly ARE you sharing... What from TP could be transferred in particular... (it wouldn't be something stupid like Rupees or something like that, it has to be something specific to TP...)

Maps? Puzzle completion? (maybe there's a puzzle that you solve half of in Zelda TP and the second half of in Zelda Wii U? - imagine if you had to jump back and forth between games repeatedly to solve it! :D)

Rollogoal making a return in Zelda Wii U?

Edited by Dcubed

Same for me too. Apart from the first few dungeons that I had to repeat (reasons) most of the game is a played through once situation that I don't remember much of. Couple that with the utterly deadful picture quality on the LCD HDTV at the time, I'm looking forward to playing through again. Might get WWHD and play through WW again. Or start and finish SS for the first time...though part of me hopes for a HD remake. A trilogy of Zelda HD remakes for Wii U would be excellent and to be honest...has a good chance of happening. I really want to see a third title to OOT/MM using the same engine, too.

I'm the opposite. I can remember the second half better, as I had a two year break between the two halves. The first half was so long ago that I can't remember anything beyond one of the dungeons.

New dungeon/area?? oh holy hell yes please be true!

Rupee limit increased? brilliant

but the data sharing between TP and WiiU Zelda, that IS interesting! i'd previously thought with all the hints and copying of Majora like elements in games that the WiiU Zelda could tie into that, linking to the dark tribe that used masks, perhaps a prequel zelda. An interesting theory on the net i've seen it that the Twilli are that tribe, and this data sharing suggests a link between TP and Zelda WiiU

Then in practical terms what info i shared? hearts? so you start with more than 3? Rupees? Items? story completion and then an area in Zedla WiiU is altered depending on side quests you did in TP or progression of the bonus dungeon?

Hyped!

What does this mean: Tap all the amiibos for the Zelda series to unlock bonuses in the game....?

So I have to have all Amiibo which are connected to Zelda (how many of them are there) to get the bonuses? Of course, I am more interested in the bonus levels and the possible connection to Zelda U, so I hope only one Amiibo is enough for that.

Are the Wolf Amiibos going to be rare, or easy to find, as for me it's complicated to buy it?

What does this mean: Tap all the amiibos for the Zelda series to unlock bonuses in the game....?

So I have to have all Amiibo which are connected to Zelda (how many of them are there) to get the bonuses? Of course, I am more interested in the bonus levels and the possible connection to Zelda U, so I hope only one Amiibo is enough for that.

Are the Wolf Amiibos going to be rare, or easy to find, as for me it's complicated to buy it?

Wolf Link amiibo come packaged with the game, but also will be sold separately

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!