NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Metroid Prime: Federation Force (3DS)

the mish mash of styles is wrong, the semi realistic polygon backgrounds/monsters like Prime, but then the miifighter esq player characters, not liking what i am seeing at all

Very amateurish art style.

Looks like a 2nd year student, 10 week project from my university.

Blast Ball clearly running on the Hunters engine, with a Super Metroid elimination round to follow.

I hope this means what we all desperately hope it means.

This isn't what I wanted.

5k dislikes.. Metroid fans are clearly pissed off.

I highly doubt it is going to be a bad game, too. They probably should have made it its on IP.

This is definitely not the Metroid I wanted, but I'm willing to wait to see more.

I highly doubt it is going to be a bad game, too. They probably should have made it its on IP.

I actually totally agree with you. Attaching the Metroid name was a really bad idea, but it's also a shame that they're not going F2P with the sports game.

You can't tease a fanbase for years and then give them this. That Metroid pin Reggie wore is coming back to haunt Nintendo.

I actually totally agree with you. Attaching the Metroid name was a really bad idea, but it's also a shame that they're not going F2P with the sports game.

You can't tease a fanbase for years and then give them this. That Metroid pin Reggie wore is coming back to haunt Nintendo.

Blast Ball comes with Federation Force though

They're trying to strategize right now as it's a cooperative game.. Yet they probably won't include voice chat.

Luckily, it's so obvious that it's using the Hunters engine that voice chat should easily be implemented if they can be bothered.

It does, but does it really need to be super deformed? It feels like such a waste, the 3DS is capable of way better than this

It does, but does it really need to be super deformed? It feels like such a waste, the 3DS is capable of way better than this

MP: Hunters didn't need a deformed art style. Why does this?

MP: Hunters didn't need a deformed art style. Why does this?

I'll insist this until the very end, laziness. Star Fox looks like shit, this looks like shit, they're probably cutting corners to get them to market quicker.

I'll insist this until the very end, laziness. Star Fox looks like shit, this looks like shit, they're probably cutting corners to get them to market quicker.

The mere presence of all the 2D platformers on Wii U supports this theory.

The N64, to my recollection had TWO: Yoshi Story and Kirby: Whatever.

What the fuck is this shite?

Watch the Treehouse Live segment for it. It looks really fun.

I honestly did not expect this reaction with this game. People were open to the idea while they thought it was Metroid Hunters... and when it was confirmed that it was, they completely turned on it.

Kinda bizarre. Doesn't even look bad, for something that's still a year or so from release.

5k dislikes.. Metroid fans are clearly pissed off.

"Hmm... I thought people wanted Metroid, but they're actually hating this spin-off...

That's it, the people have spoken, we're officially scrapping Dread!"

:heh:

I honestly did not expect this reaction with this game. People were open to the idea while they thought it was Metroid Hunters... and when it was confirmed that it was, they completely turned on it.
As far as I knew people were completely joking (whist internally fearing) it might be the next Metroid... based on the fact it was blatantly running on that engine.

Besides... who was open to this being Metroid Hunters?

I actually think it looks really cool! Glad to see NLG get the chance to revisit that Metroid prototype of theirs!

Seems very different from both the mainline Metroid/Metroid Prime series AND the original Metroid Prime Hunters on DS.

I know that I'm probably like the only person on the internet who isn't fuming at the existence of this game, but eh? I don't care! I think it looks like it could be good fun!

Well, this changed quite a lot quite quickly. I know a lot of the internet's raging about this, and it's not exactly the new Metroid I've been wanting, but it looks like, taken on its own merits, it could be pretty good fun. Not a fan of the main character designs, though, even if I actually kinda dig the dinky Metroid Prime art style for the enemies and environments.

This is basically what I was expecting when I saw the 3x3 football game, and I don't think it looks bad. Whether I will actually want to buy it depends on whether there is a single-player mode and how good that might be.

Honestly, I can understand the annoyance though. The fact Nintendo can put out so many games but not a proper 2D Metroid is quite frustrating.