NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

A3BZfec.gif
That guy has such a punchable face. How people find him funny I'll never know... thank God. :hehe:

Anyway, I'm now super hyped for this year's E3. Can't wait to see what new surprises Nintendo have up their sleeves, and potential additions to existing games like MK8, Smash Bros. and Splatoon! :bouncy:

That guy has such a punchable face. How people find him funny I'll never know... thank God. :hehe:

Anyway, I'm now super hyped for this year's E3. Can't wait to see what new surprises Nintendo have up their sleeves, and potential additions to existing games like MK8, Smash Bros. and Splatoon! :bouncy:

Indeed. Iwata having said that there were multiple Wii U titles unannounced that are to be out by April 2016 excites me ridiculously. :)

They have team Wolf, they could allow an Andross campaign, where you are team wolf, fighting as mercenaries against fox et al.

8 player online campaign, with varied missions across sectors with each battle contributing to pushing the battle lines in favour of the winning team. Once a battle line gets pushed far enough a different mission is fought on that section. Who will win, Wolf or Fox?

The hype continues to be even weirder as there's a Smash presentation at 3:40 on Sunday 14th.

If they're keeping Smash outside the Digital event...

If they're keeping Smash outside the Digital event...
Wouldn't you hope they would! It's been out a year. Ain't nobody got time for Smash.

Yeah we've seen enough Smash focus in Directs over the last couple years to last a lifetime.

Wouldn't you hope they would! It's been out a year. Ain't nobody got time for Smash.

True enough, but it was expected that Smash DLC would be in it.

YOUR needs and wants. Not mine.

With 32 player dogfighting

We can dream, man. We can dream.

You'll get that.

But with only 2 maps.

You'll get that.

But with only 2 maps.

And only an Arwing with one wing until 3 weeks after launch

I actually quite like Kyle Bosman.. most of the time :red:

As for potential additions to existing games, I suspect E3 2015 will finally give us the Mario Kart 8 battle stages we've all wanted from the start. We'll all be delighted, play them a few times.. and then return to the racing, rarely to touch them again :heh:

Some Super Smash Bros DLC could be good too :smile: I haven't touched the game for a few weeks so it would be nice to have a little extra incentive to fire it up!

Kyle's awesome. Huge Nintendo fan, that can laugh at them.

This will forever not be epic:

Kyle Bosman is the best thing in gaming! Other than games and consoles.

Me and a friend made a prediction video for this years E3:

The entire first half is Nintendo :)

Looks like someone from Platinum Games tweeted about Nintendo E3:

o08tbpO.png

He has been doing this previously, when Nintendo has had Platinum content in their Directs. Also, IGN said they will reveal gameplay of unannounced game from Platinum Games, right after the Digital Event.

I'm fairly positive Nintendo will show a new game from Platinum Games this E3.

EDIT: The tweet is by Yusuke Hashimoto.

He has been doing this previously, when Nintendo has had Platinum content in their Directs. Also, IGN said they will reveal gameplay of unannounced game from Platinum Games, right after the Digital Event.

I'm fairly positive Nintendo will show a new game from Platinum Games this E3.

EDIT: The tweet is by Yusuke Hashimoto.

Starfox perhaps? Weren't they looking for a team to make the game last year?

Yeah... that Tweet does seem to hint at Platinum's new game being for Wii U...

I still think that Namco is the developer most likely to be working on Starfox though.

I'd prefer Platinum Star Fox than a sequel to that, Platinum is exactly what Star Fox needs to be as utterly brilliant and mental as it needs to be!

Also, IGN said they will reveal gameplay of unannounced game from Platinum Games, right after the Digital Event.

Another Wii U exclusive from Platinum? As long as it's better than Devil's Third, their exclusive with the devs last year seemed to go on for hours.

Also, IGN said they will reveal gameplay of unannounced game from Platinum Games, right after the Digital Event.

Hmm, more like 6 hours later. Makes it pretty unlikely it's a Nintendo game.

Another Wii U exclusive from Platinum? As long as it's better than Devil's Third, their exclusive with the devs last year seemed to go on for hours.

Hmm, more like 6 hours later. Makes it pretty unlikely it's a Nintendo game.

Codename S.T.E.A.M was unveiled the day after last year's Digital Event...

Also post E3 conference unveils from Nintendo were pretty commonplace back before they started doing E3 Directs...

I just meant the quote about it being right after the Digital Event seemed to point to it being a Nintendo game. The fact that in actual fact it's 6 hours later disregards any potential connection to the Event IMO. Could be though, I obviously hope it's a Nintendo game.

Watched a few old E3 presentations in the background while doing work earlier and good god is there a load of bollocks in them. I am so glad we're in the succinct Nintendo Digital Event/Nintendo Direct era.

As long as they're more like the entertaining, varied 2014 Digital Event than the 2013 E3 Direct.

Watched a few old E3 presentations in the background while doing work earlier and good god is there a load of bollocks in them. I am so glad we're in the succinct Nintendo Digital Event/Nintendo Direct era.

It's a trade show - When they release new hardware and need to talk about console strategy and design to get the interest of 3rd parties, many stakeholders and the thousands of other people in the business, they'll do a presentation. E3 is where deals and done and hands are shaken - It's the business pinnacle of the industry.

Nintendo can afford to not do one now because it would be a waste of time..they can't convince people to develop for the hardware. All they've got is there own software to talk about now. Thankfully they are doing it in the right way as their video last year was really good. I hope they keep this up when they unveil new hardware in the future and get their feet back into the industry in a big way. I would hate to see a return of the some of their recent conferences (apart from 2010, that was really good from what I remember).

Microsoft tend to have piss poor conferences but there have been loads of good Nintendo and Sony conferences. Nintendo also have some horrific ones, and Sony had a couple of poor ones over the years.

The difficult thing for Sony over the years is that they've had to talk about so many different things (VITA, PS3, Now, Indies, 3rd parties). Nintendo's advantage is that they have nothing to talk about other than a few games, which means they can focus on those.