NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway

I wonder what other "Available after this week" things we'll get other than the 3 Smash characters

Aaaaaaaaaaaanyway

I wonder what other "Available after this week" things we'll get other than the 3 Smash characters

NVC were suggesting Nintendo could take a similar route with StarFox as they did with Splatoon.

i.e. Maybe release the multiplayer alongside the first episode of the story and then continue to roll out multiplayer and single player.

Not saying they'll have an episode of StarFox ready to go after E3, but it's an interesting approach.

---

In terms of your actual question :p Maybe a smaller eShop project equivalent to the likes of Pushmo or Dillon's rolling western. I can see them having some DLC surprise ready to go.

---

Animal Crossing Wii U is bound to be a shoe in, announced after they show Happy Home Designed, and then the Amiibo's.

I'm still pegging Mother Zero or Mother 3 being made available after the Direct.
Oh yeah of course!

I'm still pegging Mother Zero or Mother 3 being made available after the Direct.

Yeah I'm with you on that. Though smart money is on Earthbound Zero as that exists as a localised title in Nintendo's archives already.

Episodic Starfox would be great I think. Otherwise you'll have people complete the whole game in an hour and never touch it again.

FFXV won't be there?!!

Apparently Crackdown 3 and Scalebound won't be there either, because Microsoft have so darn much.

I can live without FFXV not being there. I'd even say it's borderline pointless. We've seen quite a bit of it already and I think the fanbase and name alone will be enough to push it out there. Maybe in some sort of playable form, but even then, if they're saving it for another event, it's not too terrible.

I'm definitely getting it from what I've seen. Looks absolutely stunning.

Did you mean Earthbound Zero? That's Mother 1.

Whatever, dude. You knew what I meant.

You could be referring to something else entirely that I wasn't aware about. Just making sure.

Mother Icarus vs Metroid Wii U developed by Platinum, Next Level Games, Monster and Retro.

What I really think:

Metroid Wii U

Animal Crossing Wii U

No further surprise announcements from "big" franchises but maybe some smaller titles/eshop/HD remakes/ports

I can live without FFXV not being there. I'd even say it's borderline pointless. We've seen quite a bit of it already and I think the fanbase and name alone will be enough to push it out there. Maybe in some sort of playable form, but even then, if they're saving it for another event, it's not too terrible.

I'm definitely getting it from what I've seen. Looks absolutely stunning.

I wish I still had the same passion for Final Fantasy, but I lost touch after they changed the battle system away from turn-based. Couldn't play 12 or 13 -X-2 had the ideal system.

Realistically, I think we can expect...

StarFox in a more complete form.

A western centred announcement about Xenonlade.

A short piece on Yoshi's Woolly World.

Snippets of Devil's Third and a Western release.

Indie sizzle real.

Highly limited third party sizzle real, Skylanders and Lego titles at best.

Maybe something on Fire Emblem.

DLC plans for Splatoon, Smash and maybe more for Mario Kart.

Mario Maker.

VC games, more N64 stuff to come.

Then new announcements, at the very best;

New Metroid, that is best case scenario.

Animal Crossing

Paper Mario.

Criticism will be levelled at few new announcements. Sparse release schedule and too much show time on games we knew were already almost here and the strong focus on DLC.

Indie sizzle real.

Mario Maker.

Animal Crossing

Paper Mario.

Criticism will be levelled at few new announcements. Sparse release schedule and too much show time on games we knew were already almost here and the strong focus on DLC.

I think the Smash stuff tomorrow is a massive indicator that they won't discuss DLC in the Digital Event

I think the Smash stuff tomorrow is a massive indicator that they won't discuss DLC in the Digital Event
Well, not Smash DLC. But I do actually hope there will be some more MK8 stuff in there, Splatoon too.

Well, not Smash DLC. But I do actually hope there will be some more MK8 stuff in there, Splatoon too.

Na, I think Nintendo will make it so the Digital Event is about new games/releases. Did they not essentially say that at some point? I have a recollection of that.

Na, I think Nintendo will make it so the Digital Event is about new games/releases. Did they not essentially say that at some point? I have a recollection of that.
Not sure. ::shrug:

Would be great if it does end up being an hour of nothing but new stuff. Can't see it happening though.

Not sure. ::shrug:

Would be great if it does end up being an hour of nothing but new stuff. Can't see it happening though.

Well seeing as Xenoblade is out in Japan already and Yoshi is out the following week in Europe, it won't be "all" new, but yeah.

Basically, in my view, if it was in the Direct last week, it won't be in it. If it was in the Smash Direct tomorrow, it won't be in it. If it was revealed or detailed in the past two weeks, it won't be in it.

Now, this does add a bit of iffy stuff. Fire Emblem and Yoshi were in the Japanese Direct, but not the US one which makes me wonder and I do truly hope they don't spend too much time on Xenoblade considering it is out already in Japan and this Digital Event is a global thing, not US only.

Indie sizzle real.

Mario Maker.

Animal Crossing

Paper Mario.

I think you could be totaly spott on!

Yeah I think Zech's list is about right. The big Wii U announcements to be Starfox, Animal Crossing, Paper Mario and Retro's new game + lots of DLC, amiibo and updates on Yoshi and Mario Maker. Hopefully a bit of 3DS goodness in there too

NVC had a question about if Nintendo were to announce a new IP - like Splatoon last year which no one could have predicted going in - what would you want them to put their Nintendo spin on?

It is hard to think of something.

Maybe some kind of open world game? or what would Nintendo do with a FPS?

It's more a case of Nintendo having so many franchises they're not doing anything with, like all their sports titles.

NVC had a question about if Nintendo were to announce a new IP - like Splatoon last year which no one could have predicted going in - what would you want them to put their Nintendo spin on?

It is hard to think of something.

Maybe some kind of open world game? or what would Nintendo do with a FPS?

It's more a case of Nintendo having so many franchises they're not doing anything with, like all their sports titles.

You know what? Splatoon has taken a great step in showing how fun 4 v 4 gaming can be online on a Nintendo platform and some of the Starfox discussion in the NVC got me thinking about how something like that could be incorporated into the new Starfox game :smile:

This led me onto thinking about 4 v 4 Mario Strikers online.. and my head has just exploded. I need that NOW :grin:

I don't think there are too many broad genres they don't have a franchise in tbh

Platformer - Mario, Yoshi, Kirby

Racing - Mario Kart/F-Zero

Shooter - Splatoon

Action/Adventure - Zelda/Metroid

RPG - Pokemon

Puzzle - Captain Toad

Arcade Shooter - Starfox

RTS - Pikmin

Life sim - Animal Crossing

Sports - Mario Golf/Strikers

Party - Mario Party

Some kind of openworld game would be new for them I guess, although Zelda U should have that covered

I don't think there are too many broad genres they don't have a franchise in tbh

Platformer - Mario, Yoshi, Kirby

Racing - Mario Kart/F-Zero

Shooter - Splatoon

Action/Adventure - Zelda/Metroid

RPG - Pokemon

Puzzle - Captain Toad

Arcade Shooter - Starfox

RTS - Pikmin

Life sim - Animal Crossing

Sports - Mario Golf/Strikers

Party - Mario Party

Some kind of openworld game would be new for them I guess, although Zelda U should have that covered

Xenoblade does ;)