NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

It doesn't matter if it's started yet. The hype train usually starts well before E3 but it just hasn't been the same this year. The whole thing just kinda feels flat and this goes for all of the big players.

I also don't care for all these announcements happening before E3 either. All of the companies have shown or announced stuff a week or two before E3, with some even saying certain games won't even be there, such as Zelda and FFXV.

My expectations are stupidly low this year but, as @dazzybee said, hopefully this will leave me pleasantly surprised.

Exactly. And IIRC, Nintendo also fall victim to some awesome leakage.

The difference for me this year is that I completely forgot the date and focused on other things due to the lack of... anything getting my attention - which in a way is a good thing I guess as Im no longer waiting excrutitingly.

I don't recall it being discussed anywhere here, but Platinum are due to show off a new game and the current popular school of thought is that it's a Transformers brawler tie-in. I never played the Legend of Korra tie-in they did for Activision, but it got some pretty bad reviews. Did anyone else check it out?

I also don't care for all these announcements happening before E3 either. All of the companies have shown or announced stuff a week or two before E3, with some even saying certain games won't even be there, such as Zelda and FFXV.
FFXV won't be there?!!

Apparently Crackdown 3 and Scalebound won't be there either, because Microsoft have so darn much.

FFXV won't be there?!!

Apparently Crackdown 3 and Scalebound won't be there either, because Microsoft have so darn much.

Apparently not. Like Crackdown and Scalebound, it's being held for Gamescom.

I hope the other four dozen openworld shooters being shown off can pick up the slack of no Crackdown being there.

Crackdown is far from an open world shooter but let's not get into that.

Back on the topic of Nintendo, I'm still hoping we get to see a good Metroid game. I'm also hoping that the Starfox game has developed past just being a tech demo.

As sad as this is, and something I thought I'd never be saying, but I'd like to see some more Mario Kart 8 DLC.

What would make me disappointed is if the Hyrule Warriors 3DS leak is the only surprise they had in store for us. I'd be less than thrilled with the oft rumoured Super Mario Galaxy HD.

I hope the other four dozen openworld shooters being shown off can pick up the slack of no Crackdown being there.

At what point did Crackdown become a shooter?

You're such a tool.

Whilst you give yourself a warning for that, I'll apologise and get on a message that's acceptable round here: "There are so many f-ing platformers on Wii U"

Far more acceptable.

At what point did Crackdown become a shooter?

What would you call it?

Edited by Ronnie
Automerged Doublepost

Whilst you give yourself a warning for the above, I'll apologise and get on a message that's acceptable round here: "There are so many f-ing platformers on Wii U"

Far more acceptable.

While that may be true, who in the hell said it here and now? It's like you've just put out a very defensive comment for no reason at all. All it's done is lower the tone of the thread.

Every E3 I hope that a new Zelda will be shown, or (if one has been announced) a new trailer for it. With the announcement that Zelda will not be part of the show, this is probably the first one I'm not excited about.

This year I'm just treating the Direct as something to enjoy whilst it's on, and to discuss with the people on here. It's nice to not have expectations, really.

I still think there will be some kind of trailer.

IGN have a nice vid to get people hyped for E3...

Just a shame 90% of the games are shooters

Whilst you give yourself a warning for the above, I'll apologise and get on a message that's acceptable round here: "There are so many f-ing platformers on Wii U"

Far more acceptable.

What would you call it?

I'd be interested to see if you've ever actually contributed to a discussion or thread on this board. Why bother posting if you have no interest in actually contributing?

On the subject of Starfox, I hope it turns out to be the Platinum game and has some form of online multiplayer (either 16-player or more). God damn, that would be beautiful.

Also, what do people expect from Next Level Games? How big is their team?

Edited by Goron_3

I think the best E3 reveal would be that Ronnie is just a Nintendo prank and is actually Miyamoto on meth.

What would you call it?

A very good game. The sequel, not so much

It's more of a open world superhero game than a shooter. It has more in common with something like Prototype or Infamous than something like GTA. I probably kicked and punched more enemies than shot in that game.

Just because it features a firing mechanism doesn't make it a shooter. Hell, we may as well call Mario a shooter because he fires fireballs.

Most online literature refer to it as an "openworld third person shooter"

While that may be true, who in the hell said it here and now? It's like you've just put out a very defensive comment for no reason at all. All it's done is lower the tone of the thread.

The reaction lowered the tone. All I was suggesting is that I'm sure we could survive without Crackdown being there. Plenty more to fill the gap.

I think the best E3 reveal would be that Ronnie is just a Nintendo prank and is actually Miyamoto on meth.

At least that would make some sense as to why certain things are said.

Speaking of crazy members, where the hell has @Wii gone?

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Far more acceptable.

What would you call it?

You are a tool. You keep this up despite having no clue what you're talking about.

Do remind me of the other 48 open world shooters you're referencing. In fact you know what, name me 4.

You would probably call MGSV an open world shooter, Fallout 4, Mass Effect 4.

I'd be interested to see if you've ever actually contributed to a discussion or thread on this board. Why bother posting if you have no interest in actually contributing?

What rubbish. I contribute all the time. If you posted in the Nintendo game threads you'd see that.

On the subject of Starfox, I hope it turns out to be the Platinum game and has some form of online multiplayer (either 16-player or more). God damn, that would be beautiful.

Also, what do people expect from Next Level Games? How big is their team?

I still think Treasure could be the guys to do Starfox justice. I'm not hopeful for a rich, online experience from it, if I'm honest.

Next Level Games is a tricky one to predict. Their output has been fantastic over the years, so whatever they put out I'm sure it will be great.

You are a tool. You keep this up despite having no clue what you're talking about.

Do remind me of the other 48 open world shooters you're referencing. In fact you know what, name me 4.

You would probably call MGSV an open world shooter, Fallout 4, Mass Effect 4.

I'll tell you after the conferences as Sony and Microsoft compete to see who can show off more identical looking games.

Good to know we can go around calling people tools and not get a warning though. I also look forward to people jumping down the throat of the next person who dares to suggest the Wii U only has platformers.

The Wii U only has platformers. Come at me, bro.

Incidentally, I'm sitting playing DKC:Returns on the Wii U at the moment. :D

What rubbish. I contribute all the time. If you posted in the Nintendo game threads you'd see that.

I'm one of the more active posters on this board. Every time I see one of your posts, you're just complaining, talking about voice chat (oh lord) or leaving comments to bait people. A good example would be the post you just left (the IGN video).

I still think Treasure could be the guys to do Starfox justice. I'm not hopeful for a rich, online experience from it, if I'm honest.

Next Level Games is a tricky one to predict. Their output has been fantastic over the years, so whatever they put out I'm sure it will be great.

Yeah their output has been brilliant. I wonder how scalable their Luigi's Mansion is? Could they make a sequel for Wii U?

I was hoping Monster Games could put something together but apparently their team only has around 30 people in it and they were the guys who wrapped up Xenoblade 3DS.

Good shout on Starfox but I think Nintendo acknowledge that traditional Starfox wouldn't cut it in today's market as they are traditionally very short games. If Splatoon was 10% done last June, I'm sure they could put together a similar Starfox title (i.e. Good online and short but sweet single player).

I'll tell you after the conferences as Sony and Microsoft compete to see who can show off more identical looking games.

Good to know we can go around calling people tools and not get a warning though. I also look forward to people jumping down the throat of the next person who dares to suggest the Wii U only has platformers.

Heaven forbid Nintendo show off Link firing a bow and arrow or Mario launching a fireball at an enemy. And let's not even contemplate what Samus might do!You'd probably implode as Nintendo join in the third person shooter/FPS fun.