NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

I think the only thing Nintendo can do at this point to get me hyped is announce that they'll patch in party chat to the WiiU at an OS level. Or a Metroid.

Retro Studios could possibly get me hyped though dependant on what they'd show, if anything at all.

I think the only thing Nintendo can do at this point to get me hyped is announce that they'll patch in party chat to the WiiU at an OS level. Or a Metroid.

Retro Studios could possibly get me hyped though dependant on what they'd show, if anything at all.

Metroid + Mario Strikers = :yay:EPIC E3 :yay:

With Retro Studios and Next Level Games both having things in the works, this combination is certainly possible.. but I'm almost guaranteed to end up disappointed :heh:

With Splatoon being so awesome, I'd like to see some more new IP from Nintendo this year. Maybe it's a little too soon for that though...

OS level Wii U party chat would be nice for those who want/need it, but I wonder if the system could actually do it competently. Here's hoping - Wii U is full of surprises after all.

Definitely time for Metroid to get some Wii U/3DS love.

I never really know what to expect from this company. Lots of amiibo probably... Much to the distress of even the most devoted collector.

I never really know what to expect from this company. Lots of amiibo probably... Much to the distress of even the most devoted collector.

A Starfox set is pretty much a given. I may buy an extra Slippy, just so I can burn him and watch him melt....slowly.

I wonder if they'll start doing non-character amiibos. I'd love an Arwing.

I wonder if they'll start doing non-character amiibos. I'd love an Arwing.

Didn't Shigeru Miyamoto admit he wanted an Arwing amiibo?

An Arwing amiibo would be amazing.

It would have to come complete on a stand that allows you to... you know... rotate the ship in either an anti-clockwise or clockwise direction, giving the impression that it's moving like a cylindrical object at high velocity. ;)

I actually can't wait to see Starfox :yay:

It's a game I kinda keep forgetting about but once I see it in action I'm sure I won't be able to forget it :heh:

With Yoshi's Woolly World adopting the yarn aesthetic so well and Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush impressing with its clay effects, part of me is wondering if Miyamoto will somehow try to incorporate the orginal puppet design of the characters into the latest game. It seems unlikely.. but we'll see ::shrug:

I want an Arwing Amiibo too :grin:

I just hope they include Lylat voices in Starfox, much prefer the Starwing gibberish to the cheesy Lylat Wars stuff, though I admit I'm probably in the minority.

I actually can't wait to see Starfox :yay:

I think it'll be interesting to see what Starfox is like. I would assume it'll still just be a space shooter but with that genre expanding quite a bit lately again with games like Elite Dangerous and No Man's Sky coming, would Nintendo be tempted to do something different.

I think it'll be interesting to see what Starfox is like. I would assume it'll still just be a space shooter but with that genre expanding quite a bit lately again with games like Elite Dangerous and No Man's Sky coming, would Nintendo be tempted to do something different.

I really really hope not!! Pure arcade cinematic shooter please!!

Yeah I imagine it'd be arcade like, to be honest. That's where Starfox excels.

I really really hope not!! Pure arcade cinematic shooter please!!

Would you also go for a spin off maybe then where they could expand the Star Fox universe and actually let you explore?

Would you also go for a spin off maybe then where they could expand the Star Fox universe and actually let you explore?

Oh yeah, absolutely, maybe even a different level type within the game like they've done with all-range mode and landmaster.

Space and planet exploration could be really good, but I just love arcade styled shooters and you don't get many nowadays.

Honestly, if StarFox is just the same but prettier looking on-rails shooter I'll be disappointed.

It needs a shake up, even if that's just transitioning between 3D-2.5D-2D throughout levels.

I seem to remember them mentioning lots of vehicle types last year, including a helicopter. I suspect the arwing sections will only make up about a quarter of the game, sadly.

Honestly, if StarFox is just the same but prettier looking on-rails shooter I'll be disappointed.

It needs a shake up, even if that's just transitioning between 3D-2.5D-2D throughout levels.

Well isn't the information that we know intriguing enough? Standard view on TV, but the GamePad has a movable turret you can use in real time?

I'd absolutely love it to ocassionally shift perspective, be it side-scrolling or top-down :hehe:

I'm not worried if there are on-foot sections in the game :heh: If they're done right, there's no reason why they can't add some nice diversity to the game!

My main concern about Starfox is the focus on getting it out the door in 2015. I don't want it to be rushed just for the sake of it, but I'm sure Nintendo won't let that happen :heh:

Whatever the case, the unveiling will almost certainly surprise us all in some way, whether good or bad : peace:

Well isn't the information that we know intriguing enough? Standard view on TV, but the GamePad has a movable turret you can use in real time?
Not really because I don't want to be doing that :p

I can't imagine how confusing it would be to be flying your ship on the TV whilst aiming different ways looking down on the gamepad. Or are you just supposed to forget about flying your ship? or stop or something?...

Unless for those sections it purposefully locks you on rails with nothing to worry about ahead of you and your focus is then on shooting/dropping bombs at the ground or something. But if that's the case that stuff might as well not be on the gamepad, other than it being kinda neat to look down at stuff.

I can't imagine how confusing it would be to be flying your ship on the TV whilst aiming different ways looking down on the gamepad. Or are you just supposed to forget about flying your ship? or stop or something?...

I'm not sure game design is something we need to worry about from Nintendo tbh.

Really? Haven't they "shaken it up" every single time post 64 and none of them have been great?!?!

Really? Haven't they "shaken it up" every single time post 64 and none of them have been great?!?!

I loved Assault, and it was crying out for online multiplayer so badly

I played Assault for 10 or 15 minutes a couple of months ago and I'm not sure how I feel about it now. I definitely enjoyed it when it was released, despite never reaching the heights of Lylat Wars, but I was finding it difficult to return to recently. Perhaps I just needed to start from scratch and go through the entire game again ::shrug:

As long as we don't have to look at the Wii U Gamepad for the entire game, the new Starfox will be just fine :heh: