NEurope
Fused King

NINTENDO @ E3: Let the Hype juices flow

The Big Nintendo E3 2015 Preview - Game Scoop! 346

I will say before I watch this that I've heard rumours that Zelda will be shown. It won't be playable. There's no great credible source but I'll find it after I watch this video which will be in about 50 minutes. Please no Animal Crossing, no Mario Strikers, definitely no Wii U Music. :p

I really think if I had to bet on one new game, it'll be Pikmin 4.

Edited by Wii

Nintendo have said "Zelda won't be at E3" therefore it won't be at E3.

The EAD team in charge of Pikmin are busy working on Mario Maker at the moment.

A lot of people would welcome an Animal Crossing. New Leaf sold 9 million copies.

Please no Mario Strikers..

This is the worst thing you've ever said on these forums :nono:

Please no Animal Crossing..

..but I kinda agree with this one :heh: Unfortunately, I reckon it's probably the most likely game to be unveiled..

This is the worst thing you've ever said on these forums :nono:

I've said worse. I've never gotten into the Mario Strikers game. It's barely football at all. There's too much daft stuff like scoring 5 goals with 1 shot. Anybody remember Sega Soccer Slam on the Gamecube? Anyway, I much prefer the real simulation, PES being the best.

Now I'll look for that Zelda rumour. It was so bad, that's why I didn't give it much credence before.

http://hiddentriforce.com/zelda-wii-u-and-nintendo-e3-2015-rumors/

Zelda Wii U, while previously pushed from the E3 event list will still make some kind of an appearance. Official art and a trailer will be shown. Nintendo changed their mind as in attempt to sustain momentum for their Wii U console.

There's more rumours about Zelda and other games at the above link.

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

I've said worse. I've never gotten into the Mario Strikers game. It's barely football at all. There's too much daft stuff like scoring 5 goals with 1 shot. Anybody remember Sega Soccer Slam on the Gamecube? Anyway, I much prefer the real simulation, PES being the best.

You did notice the Mario in the title, right? Or do you similarly find Mario Kart an overly ridiculous racing game, or Mario Tennis an unrealistic team game, or Super Mario Bros a terrible family plumbing sim??

It's Mario! That's what he/they do! I'm not even very big into football but I quite enjoyed Strikers once I got into it(despite getting quite hard quite quick) - I'd quite love to see another on the WiiU. It's still kinda fresh as a game though, having only had GC+Wii iterations and not actually a lot of people I know having played it.

Sega Soccer Slam was awesome! I also liked Red Card Soccer on the GameCube. IIRC the final stage of the tournament had you playing against a bunch of aliens on Mars. :D

You did notice the Mario in the title, right? Or do you similarly find Mario Kart an overly ridiculous racing game, or Mario Tennis an unrealistic team game, or Super Mario Bros a terrible family plumbing sim??

It's Mario! That's what he/they do! I'm not even very big into football but I quite enjoyed Strikers once I got into it(despite getting quite hard quite quick) - I'd quite love to see another on the WiiU. It's still kinda fresh as a game though, having only had GC+Wii iterations and not actually a lot of people I know having played it.

Mario Tennis is far more true to the real game than Strikers. And Mario Golf is real simulation just with a fantasy setting. Strikers could be Olympic handball only it wouldn't be as popular. Strikers has 5 players and Olympic handball has 7. I just prefer the real game than their take on it. That's not to say I don't like wacky football games. I loved Nintendo World Cup back in the day on the NES.

Edited by Wii

Mario Tennis is far more true to the real game than Strikers. And Mario Golf is real simulation just with a fantasy setting. Strikers could be Olympic handball only it wouldn't be as popular. I just prefer the real game than their take on it. That's not to say I don't like wacky football games. I loved Nintendo World Cup back in the day on the NES.

Amazing game. Me and my friends lost so many hours on that when we were kids. I wish they would put it on the VC. :(

Amazing game. Me and my friends lost so many hours on that when we were kids. I wish they would put it on the VC. :(

I was exactly the same. Loved the different strike animations and how you could clobber the opposition.

Nintendo have said "Zelda won't be at E3" therefore it won't be at E3.

The EAD team in charge of Pikmin are busy working on Mario Maker at the moment.

A lot of people would welcome an Animal Crossing. New Leaf sold 9 million copies.

Doesn't mean anything. Every direct they say games focussing on the next few months and always have stuff in the far future. It would't be a huge surprise to see a zelda trailer or image of a new redesign.

Can't imagine Mario Maker taking a huge team at all, so they will definitely be working on something.

And it doesn't matter how many new leaf sold. DO you have any vision whatsoever, things don't work that simply. It sold well on 3DS so it must sell well on Wii U... What the DS version sell, how was the Wii one received?! I really don't think Animal Crossing would be a smart move but I expect to see it.

As for that video. How irritating was the game at the end :) Donkey Kong was so obviously way higher, and Star Fox was blatantly last... and these are professionals!!

As for Strikers, I'd love that actually!!! Online, knockout tournaments, voice ch--

Doesn't mean anything. Every direct they say games focussing on the next few months and always have stuff in the far future. It would't be a huge surprise to see a zelda trailer or image of a new redesign.

Can't imagine Mario Maker taking a huge team at all, so they will definitely be working on something.

And it doesn't matter how many new leaf sold. DO you have any vision whatsoever, things don't work that simply. It sold well on 3DS so it must sell well on Wii U... What the DS version sell, how was the Wii one received?! I really don't think Animal Crossing would be a smart move but I expect to see it.

As for that video. How irritating was the game at the end :) Donkey Kong was so obviously way higher, and Star Fox was blatantly last... and these are professionals!!

As for Strikers, I'd love that actually!!! Online, knockout tournaments, voice ch--

People should stop getting their hopes up about Zelda at E3. They may show off an image or something like that but I doubt very much it'll be part of their presentation. They've categorically said "it will not be there", that's a little different than showing a far off game in a Direct focusing on the present.

I'd like to think I have a little bit of vision thanks. All I said about Animal Crossing was that a lot of people would welcome it. 1 fifth of all 3DS owners bought it, that's an excellent attach rate.

E3 isn't just a direct though. It's more about new, unannounced stuff, and stuff further in the future. Zelda may not be at E3 in a literal sense, but I still think an update on it is possible in the presentation. It may not be there, but I wouldn't rule it out completely.

@Ronnie, you remember them saying Zelda would also be released in 2015 right?

You can't say that it'll not be shown at all just based on what they say.

Hell, they said the WiiU's online features and options would be up to par with the competition... ha. I don't trust anything Nintendo say these days. I've learnt from being burned repeatedly.

@Ronnie, you remember them saying Zelda would also be released in 2015 right?

You can't say that it'll not be shown at all just based on what they say.

Hell, they said the WiiU's online features and options would be up to par with the competition... ha. I don't trust anything Nintendo say these days. I've learnt from being burned repeatedly.

More trustworthy than the competition that's for sure.

I just think this is different to them delaying Zelda. That was forced on them because of extra development time needed. Unless they are deliberately trolling us I see no reason to not believe them when they say it won't be at E3. They got that disappointment out of the way early.

More trustworthy than the competition that's for sure.

lol. What the fuck.

"You can't trust them because they've lied in the past"

"They're more trustworthy than the other guys!"

How do you also manage to relate everything Nintendo to the competition in such irrelevant ways?

People should stop getting their hopes up about Zelda at E3. They may show off an image or something like that but I doubt very much it'll be part of their presentation. They've categorically said "it will not be there", that's a little different than showing a far off game in a Direct focusing on the present.

I'd like to think I have a little bit of vision thanks. All I said about Animal Crossing was that a lot of people would welcome it. 1 fifth of all 3DS owners bought it, that's an excellent attach rate.

Well I agree with that, people definitely shouldn't get their hopes up. But I just don't see Nintendo saying it won't be there as any proof it definitely won't. They lie/mislead all the time, not in a bad way, they all do; when your job is to surprise and cite people you HAVE to. Them pulling out a brand new zelda trailer would be made even more awesome BECAUSE they said it wouldn't be there!

As for Animal Crossing, maybe it would do okay, the series is popular, but the WIi version didn't do as well as people thought, the general reception was pure apathy, and ultimately I feel it is just a handheld game. I don't think its success on 3DS has much relevance for it's viability on the Wii u.

Saying that, I think it IS coming :)

Just finished listening/watching it. Good banter.

Jose seems to have put a fair bit of weight on since I last seen him. I loved listening to Jared. He sounds like Jon Favreau. :D

The Zelda not showing at E3 is a weird one. In December they said it would be out this year. I assume that it was far enough along to warrant this comment, which means a new trailer could easily be ready for E3.

I think it's either:

1. The game is getting a complete overhaul, so a trailer showing the old stuff wouldn't make sense.

2. It is indeed being prepped for NX, what ever that may be.

3. We are being trolled.

Why would you not show a big hitter like Zelda, even if it wasn't arriving soon? Something just doesn't add up....

I will say before I watch this that I've heard rumours that Zelda will be shown. It won't be playable. There's no great credible source but I'll find it after I watch this video which will be in about 50 minutes. Please no Animal Crossing, no Mario Strikers, definitely no Wii U Music. :p

Granted I wouldn't want to see Animal Crossing, Mario Strikers or Wii U Music either, but why are you up for Pikmin 4?

I think Pikmin 4 would get a similar reaction to the one DKCTF got, no matter how great that game turned out, and that's not one Nintendo really need. Plus Pikmin games don't garner big sales or interest.

I'd really like to see Nintendo dip back into their 'sports' range, I think that would be a great unexpected surprise that would be hugely welcomed by the fans and media. WaveRace, 1080, Excitebike [F-Zero/Excitetruck].

Yeah, I really think it's getting huge graphical overhaul too! Think we may get a title and maybe a short teaser to reveal the new look.

Granted I wouldn't want to see Animal Crossing, Mario Strikers or Wii U Music either, but why are you up for Pikmin 4?

I think Pikmin 4 would get a similar reaction to the one DKCTF got, no matter how great that game turned out, and that's not one Nintendo really need. Plus Pikmin games don't garner big sales or interest.

I'd really like to see Nintendo dip back into their 'sports' range, I think that would be a great unexpected surprise that would be hugely welcomed by the fans and media. WaveRace, 1080, Excitebike [F-Zero/Excitetruck].

Pikmin 3 is probably my favourite wii u game. It has THE GREATEST multiplayer modes. If Pikmin 4 had these online then I would probably take Pikmin 4 over most things.

Saying that, I'm in utter agreement of your sports range, I said when Wii U started struggling it needed to have a sports label - strikers, tennis, golf, wave race, 1080, excite bike, even mario basketball, volleyball etc One every 6 months or something. It's a HUGE gap in their library!

Other than online bingo battle, Wave race is probably the game I'd love to see.

Though I'd probably be delighted with HD remasters of F Zero GX, Wave Race Blue Storm and Excitebike 64, with online added!

I would also like to see them return to some of these titles. Some of these have been absent for far too long and long overdue a revival. I would especially like to see an update to ExciteTruck and Wave Race, with online play being added, of course.

I wonder if the success of Mario Kart has made these other racers obsolete in Nintendo's eyes?

A sequel to Excite Truck would be amazing, what a gem that was in the early Wii days!

Saying that, I'm in utter agreement of your sports range, I said when Wii U started struggling it needed to have a sports label - strikers, tennis, golf, wave race, 1080, excite bike, even mario basketball, volleyball etc One every 6 months or something. It's a HUGE gap in their library!

Other than online bingo battle, Wave race is probably the game I'd love to see.

Though I'd probably be delighted with HD remasters of F Zero GX, Wave Race Blue Storm and Excitebike 64, with online added!

Oh I don't doubt the quality of Pikmin, just not looking forward to the reaction I think Pikmin 4 would get.

It really is a vast gap in their library. They get no third party sports games so it really is a wonder why they don't do it themselves, and if I'm not mistaken the studios Nintendo still have are the ones that always produced these sports games?... Nintendo just have them working on other things?

I think unfortunately most of us would just take HD remasters at this stage yeah, but new versions would be great, and with DLC of classic tracks.

You could scan in your amiibo to get Link and Samus etc.. on a JetSki/Snowboard :p

They get no third party sports games so it really is a wonder why they don't do it themselves, and if I'm not mistaken the studios Nintendo still have are the ones that always produced these sports games?... Nintendo just have them working on other things?

I think it just comes down to sales. I don't think a lot of those franchises sold that well.

Also, I think NoA had more say back in those days and probably pushed for these type of games to appeal to their audience.

I can't stand Jared Petty, I find him so infuriatingly annoying. He goes on and on and on about not very much.

Wish they'd included Justin in this chat, who actually knows what he's talking about.