Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Serebii

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else here expecting the VC to not be ready at launch?

Aye. The early days of the VC were like Xmas every week! It was amazing being able to play all these classics I'd always wanted to get around to, as well as old favourites with enhanced visual quality and new features like Suspend Saves.

While the Wii U VC had its moments, it was certainly much less exciting than the first time around, simply because the releases were much more sparse and less consoles were supported. Man, I'm pining for the early days of the VC to return. 'member when we'd get 3-4 games a week? I couldn't even imagine that happening again!

Hope they bring back the legendary wii shop music too!!

Anyone else here expecting the VC to not be ready at launch?

Of course it won't :D

they have 95 Wii U vc nes games...51 snes games...18 N64, 71 GBA, 30 ds, 5 turbografx... 33 Wii games, if you count those. averages at 1 a week which isn't too encouraging.

I'd actually find it kinda cool if they re-released the games as they released on the actual console back in the day...

Nes games spanning from October 18 1985 through to May 1995....which would perhaps be a bit long for the console lifespan :P But maybe have two runs, one starting in 1985 and the other from 1990.

Personally I'd quite like if they aimed to get about 140 nes games, 150 snes games, 80 N64 games, 130 GC games and maybe 300 Wii games :D

They already have 2 Wii U games, so maybe they could pop and other 130 or so.

that would be an almost 1000 game "VC". If they actually develop a standard emulator so they can get game code across simply, that would be ace too and allow them to move games across straight away.

More realistically I hope that they have at least half the wii u library ready (and the most popular half) so it can move across with those who purchased already.

Me, considering the free monthly game doesn't start until Autumn, that's when I'm expecting the VC to start.

It would be nice if they got a head start though. I hope the online subscription free game will be one that we haven't had yet. I mean, if it is 1 nes game and 1 snes game each month... that would be insanely slow!

I would hope the rate would be closer to 4 nes games and 4 snes games each month.

What did you trade in altogether? Where did you do the trade?

WiiU, 3DS, 11 WiiU games, 6 3DS games and 5 PS4 games. At GAME... I wouldn't normally trade there but after moving in with the Mrs it's the only store local to me.

I tried the console at the Swedish press event Friday. It was a blast! Really liked what I saw, the console is comfortable and stylish, it's small and slick. Tried the games you would expect to try at these events except Zelda, the line was too long for my taste. ARMS seemed like good fun, Splatoon 2 was Splatoon but the Pro Controller was really nice to use! MK8Deluxe was MK8 - battle mode seemed really fun albeit slow; I suspect it was running 50cc so if that can be changed, it will be a blast! Double items were also nice and added a bit more depth - the dual item boxes were never placed at the best part of a turn so you had to sacrifice some drift and time to get two items. Super Bomberman R was Bomberman. Nothing special. Has-Been Heroes was fun and hard - turn-based real-time strategy RPG with lots of button-combinations. Will definitely look more at that! Snipperclips looked fun but I'm interested in single-player here which was not shown.

I tried the console at the Swedish press event Friday. It was a blast! Really liked what I saw, the console is comfortable and stylish, it's small and slick. Tried the games you would expect to try at these events except Zelda, the line was too long for my taste. ARMS seemed like good fun, Splatoon 2 was Splatoon but the Pro Controller was really nice to use! MK8Deluxe was MK8 - battle mode seemed really fun albeit slow; I suspect it was running 50cc so if that can be changed, it will be a blast! Double items were also nice and added a bit more depth - the dual item boxes were never placed at the best part of a turn so you had to sacrifice some drift and time to get two items. Super Bomberman R was Bomberman. Nothing special. Has-Been Heroes was fun and hard - turn-based real-time strategy RPG with lots of button-combinations. Will definitely look more at that! Snipperclips looked fun but I'm interested in single-player here which was not shown.

I doubt the bolded will happen. Mario Kart Battle Mode has always been 50cc; that's nothing new (you do need it to be slower in order to aim properly and move more precisely), so I really doubt that they'll add the option for faster speeds. I just hope they have an option for the classic Elimination style of play from the first 5 MK games (timed Battle Mode is just nowhere near as fun).

Nice impressions though. Not long to wait now :)

I doubt the bolded will happen. Mario Kart Battle Mode has always been 50cc; that's nothing new (you do need it to be slower in order to aim properly and move more precisely), so I really doubt that they'll add the option for faster speeds. I just hope they have an option for the classic Elimination style of play from the first 5 MK games (timed Battle Mode is just nowhere near as fun).

I wouldn't see a problem with 100CC being added for battle mode though. maybe only with up to 4 players though. And reserve 150CC for no more than 2 players?

That's a point actually, presumably deluxe has 200CC?

I really hope they up the speed then. It was rather slow and it felt like you could barely get over a jump-off, forget about getting boost from it. I think it would add to it if you had 150cc.

I always thought the majority of Wii and DS advertising was fantastic so it's good to see it back on form for Switch. I don't know why it was so dire in the Wii U era, was it a different agency? Or perhaps it was just the muddled message of Wii U itself that was hard to put across in any reasonable way.

I always thought the majority of Wii and DS advertising was fantastic so it's good to see it back on form for Switch. I don't know why it was so dire in the Wii U era, was it a different agency? Or perhaps it was just the muddled message of Wii U itself that was hard to put across in any reasonable way.

Because as far as the UK goes, they just didn't bother one bit.

I can count the WiiU TV ads I actually saw on one hand.

I've had the opportunity to play the console hands-on!

I'm SO glad I was there Friday, no where near the queues that were present in the weekend. I didn't get to play Zelda, though, that line was long no matter when I looked. :/

Next time I hope Bergsala gets a bit more space.

The product was the issue. The fact Nintendo needed to produce this tells you it was a problem.

whyWiiU.jpg

As the release of the Switch draws closer I'm finding my anticipation building slightly and, at this stage, expect to keep my preorder.. whenever it might arrive :indeed:

I'm having difficulty getting the time to play the PS4 at the moment, or games in general in 2017, so I feel like the portability of the Switch will really help me carry on playing with more regularity thanks to the screen quality :smile:

With the Wii U, I almost never use Off-TV play as I feel like the experience is being hindered considerably by the poor quality of the screen but I suspect this won't be such an issue with the Nintendo Switch and that's strangely exciting!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!