NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Just had a look at the total I was going to be spending on this launch, slapped myself around the face and cancelled a heap of superfluous (at launch) accessories.

System, Zelda and any other attractively priced games'll do nicely for me in March.

Call me mad but I'm going big for the Switch launch...

I'm going all in for the Switch! :awesome:

Nintendo Switch Console with Grey Joy-Con

Neon Red Joy-Con (L) and Neon Blue Joy-Con ®

Nintendo Switch Pro Controller X2

Nintendo Switch Accessory Set

Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Charging Grip

Nintendo Switch Power Adapter

Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Controller Strap (Red)

Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Controller Strap (Blue)

Nintendo Switch Joy-Con Wheel Pair

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition)

Super Bomberman R

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

ARMS

Nintendo had better step their game up on the Virtual Console release schedule because I'll be ready. : peace:

I'm going to try not to think about the price though. :blush:

Everything is pre-ordered, locked in and not subject to change at all. :)

March is going to be "All my months salary are belong to Nintendo" month. :blush:

March is going to be "All my months salary are belong to Nintendo" month. :blush:

F8DF6381-FE3F-4637-950C-AE6CC0569F5B_zps25tdf89b.jpg

But I'm with you. Currently got:

Neon Switch

BOTW

1 2 Switch

Spaltoon and Mario Kart will be mine, so hoping for some solid N-E multiplayer friendships come this gen! : peace:

Edited by King_V

I love this guy : peace:

High stakes and all in! The hype is real :yay:

My Nintendo Japan get to choose their colour combinations...

can782qwgmay.jpg

I quite like the idea of having Red and Blue as the backs of the controllers and grey on the front.

I thought I was a bit ott :) Why do you need two pro controllers? Exciting though :D

Launch day currently:

Switch

Extra joy cons

Pro controller

Accessory pack

Wheels

Zelda

1-2 Switch

Bomberman

You bought the extra straps. But don't they come with straps? They're on the box so presumed they did. Or do you want matching coloured straps and not the grey

Oh yes it looks like Nintendo have seen the light?

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-answers-a...ium=Socialflow

Will online stores be region-free or just cartridges?

The Nintendo Switch system is not region locked, but we recommend that players buy games within their region to ensure full service and support. The user will access the Nintendo eShop that corresponds to the country identified in their Nintendo Account. (Up to eight user accounts can be created on a single Nintendo Switch system.)

This sounds like eShop access to US and Japanese stores when one sets up an account for those regions.

Well hopefully it it means you can select whatever region you want multiple times. Not confirmation but does sound like it.

Edited by liger05

This is good news for Nicalis and Atlus.

Now they don't have to bother localizing games for Europe!

Yeah I miss them. And I like the sleekness I guess, though I prefer the fun Nintendo. But Im fine with it. Though they are big icons, if you have 100 games that could be atrocious to navigate, too close to PS4 which s the worst OS out of all modes systems for me. If you can shrink the size and scroll through loads, better, folders - a must!!

Yeah the PS4 OS is trash, such a confusing, cluttered mess. Hopefully the Switch OS will allow us to zoom out like on 3DS or re-arrange icons (what a concept!) like on Wii U.

Perplexed one why Nintendo flew a guy to Japan just for fifa.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...ned-After-FIFA

As of now, FIFA is the only game EA has announced for the system, which Soderlund says is due to it being "the brand that spans across the most markets. It's the brand that spans the biggest age demographic. It's a mass market proposition. It's a game a lot of people want to play." When asked about future EA titles he said "We are not announcing anything [else] yet, but you can expect us to be there once the platform launches and takes off."

No streaming services confirmed at launch.

The Nintendo Switch won't include any video apps upon its 3rd March launch.

The storied Kyoto-based company confirmed this information in a statement to Kotaku. "All of our efforts have gone toward making the Nintendo Switch system an amazing dedicated video game platform, so it will not support any video-streaming services at launch," Nintendo said. "However, support for video-streaming services is being considered for a future update."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-20-nintendo-switch-wont-have-any-video-apps-at-launch

Edited by liger05

I'm glad the Switch UI seems to be much better because the Wii U one was so bloody awful.

10oe6hd.jpg

About the only thing they did balance was the margin on the left and right of the group of icons.

There was so much pointless clutter and convoluted design in that horrible PS4 interface you'd have a tough time margin-ing anything. Horrendous. Nice to see the Switch one is clean and hopefully user friendly.

I'm glad the Switch UI seems to be much better because the Wii U one was so bloody awful.

10oe6hd.jpg

About the only thing they did balance was the margin on the left and right of the group of icons.

It's perfect :D I'm all about control and function. You can lay it out exactly how you want it and everything can be easily accessed or removed/deleted. I'd be fine if the switch main UI is like this. But a better visual design.

It's perfect :D I'm all about control and function. You can lay it out exactly how you want it and everything can be easily accessed or removed/deleted. I'd be fine if the switch main UI is like this. But a better visual design.

And imagine that, being able to re-arrange icons on a home screen!

Amazon. Today only. Code: BIGTHANKS £10 off £50

Add on the £2 off each preorder and Zelda and 1-2 switch is £70. Definitely enough to justify getting 1-2 switch #manmaths

I didn't mind the Wii U interface, I like that you can see everything at once and can reaarange them as you please. However, I don't understand why they made the "Wara Wara Plaza" show up on the TV. Or why the thing exists at all really:

Wii-U-WaraWara-Plaza-and-Wii-U-Chat-wiiu-pro-2-1024x572.jpg

^Useless. And it's the first thing you see when you switch the console on.

You can of course press X to swap the Plaza to appear on the gamepad and the game/app tiles to appear on the TV but then you can't actually interact with them unless you use a Wii remote...

Amazon. Today only. Code: BIGTHANKS £10 off £50

Add on the £2 off each preorder and Zelda and 1-2 switch is £70. Definitely enough to justify getting 1-2 switch #manmaths

The code is for Prime Now, which is the 2-hour delivery service, so it won't work since the games aren't out yet.

I didn't mind the Wii U interface, I like that you can see everything at once and can reaarange them as you please. However, I don't understand why they made the "Wara Wara Plaza" show up on the TV. Or why the thing exists at all really:

Wii-U-WaraWara-Plaza-and-Wii-U-Chat-wiiu-pro-2-1024x572.jpg

^Useless. And it's the first thing you see when you switch the console on.

You can of course press X to swap the Plaza to appear on the gamepad and the game/app tiles to appear on the TV but then you can't actually interact with them unless you use a Wii remote...

Agreed, pointless, the things that screen could've showed us. It seems the Miss are being completely sidelined now anyway so no chance of that returning!

The code is for Prime Now, which is the 2-hour delivery service, so it won't work since the games aren't out yet.

Well I just used it and it worked!

10oe6hd.jpg

I don't get the dislike for this... ::shrug:

It's clean, clear and easy to navigate. One of the best OS I've ever seen... except for the slowness of it of course!

Hey guys has anyone mentioned how horrible the PS4 OS is yet?

It is.

I should know. I've used it.

Well I just used it and it worked!

Huh, you're right. The email from Amazon said it would only work via the Amazon Now app. Must be a mistake on Amazon's end, might get fixed soon.

The Wii U has my favourite UI of any console ever. It's so clean, convenient, and beautiful - I believe I've mentioned before how I sometimes end up just looking at the menu for minutes instead of actually starting up my game. :heh:

The Switch UI looks terribly boring and much less convenient from what I've seen so far, but hopefully it has more customization to offer...

(And please give us Themes this time, Nintendo!)

The 3DS layout is my favourite. Only issue I have is that I wish it shuffled icons when rearranging rather than swapping.

There was so much pointless clutter and convoluted design in that horrible PS4 interface you'd have a tough time margin-ing anything. Horrendous.

Yeah that is not what we were discussing though, was it?

I don't get the dislike for this... ::shrug:

It's clean, clear and easy to navigate. One of the best OS I've ever seen... except for the slowness of it of course!

It's inconsistent, misaligned, nothing matches up and unbalanced is my problem with the layout and general design.

I also dislike the outdated (even by 2012's standard) glassy design and the drop shadows. Plus the lack of any real contrast and the mismatch of colours for the icons at the bottom. There's three blue icons, one of which a different shade from the rest, which would match with the general blue theme...but then we have orange, green, yellow and red. Just too much. Too unfocused.

Every time I look at it it fucks with my mind because all I see is misalignment. It just looks like things were thrown on and never balanced out.

It was perfectly functional and I'm not criticising that, I was just trying to say the Switch UI seems to be much more modern and aligned with similar services and thankfully a step away from the spaghetti junction that was the Wii U one.

Sidebar: was it really unclear that I was talking about the alignment and general design (as opposed to UX)? It's why I put all those lines on there...

Edited by Ashley