NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

I think it's unfair to say it's just excuse covering and defending, it means whenever someone disagrees with someones opinion they just say - you don't mean it, you're just coming up with excuses for them. Just maybe Serbia actually thinks this.

I also don't think it's a huge deal. Do I think they should have streaming services, probably yeah. But I'm not going to lie there is something about a streamlined pure gaming console that excites me a lot.

I understand the regular use theory on keeping customers engaged with the platform, but who here doesn't have at least two other devices that have all these services? I own 8.

I think it would be worth while waiting till more information comes out about the switch... rather than getting ratty because speculative suggestion A doesn't match speculative suggestion B.

What kind of games would people most want on switch, given what they know about it? How would they like to see the games make use of the systems features?

Personally I'd be interested in a few PC games. Constructor is already coming out, a game like monkey island, worms 3, age of empires, total annihilation, command and conquer red alert...

in handheld mode I imagine it would be straight forward, touch where the mouse would have clicked. But in docked mode I wonder if the joycon motion control would be able to work much as a mouse would for a PC? could be interesting.

Change user means multiple accounts yes?

C2jUJwDUAAAWAuw.jpg

I guess that's good news... although after the wii u situation I would strongly discourage people having multiple NNID's linked to a single piece of hardware. Or at least don't then expect to be able to use those NNID's on multiple switch's without Nintendo punishing you for it :shakehead

Really disappointed no Dpad.

2D platformers and beat em ups with no Dpad suck.

Really disappointed no Dpad.

2D platformers and beat em ups with no Dpad suck.

There's not much else they could do. The Joy-Cons had to mirror each other. Pro Controller has a proper d-pad though!

C2jUJwDUAAAWAuw.jpg

I'm disappointed the OS doesn't seem to have any nice features like Miiverse and Streetpass, but I really like the UI. Nice and clean.

C2jUJwDUAAAWAuw.jpg

How will Nintendo feel about them showing this :)

Also, are they saying those games are definitely coming?!!

I'm disappointed the OS doesn't seem to have any nice features like Miiverse and Streetpass, but I really like the UI. Nice and clean.

Yeah I miss them. And I like the sleekness I guess, though I prefer the fun Nintendo. But Im fine with it. Though they are big icons, if you have 100 games that could be atrocious to navigate, too close to PS4 which s the worst OS out of all modes systems for me. If you can shrink the size and scroll through loads, better, folders - a must!!

There's not much else they could do. The Joy-Cons had to mirror each other. Pro Controller has a proper d-pad though!

I know but for those who want to play those kind of games in handheld mode, not really an option.

Yes Nicalis tweeted it

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/8...286272/photo/1

This talk of extra features has me reminiscing my school days spent making shitty stick-fight animations on Pictochat at the back of the classroom.

[i'm young]

How will Nintendo feel about them showing this :)

Yeah I miss them. And I like the sleekness I guess, though I prefer the fun Nintendo. But Im fine with it. Though they are big icons, if you have 100 games that could be atrocious to navigate, too close to PS4 which s the worst OS out of all modes systems for me. If you can shrink the size and scroll through loads, better, folders - a must!!

I think that's more akin to the menu what pops up when you press Home, isn't it? It says Close Software bottom right.

I know but for those who want to play those kind of games in handheld mode, not really an option.

I didn't think about this at all. Maybe they'll release a d-pad version of the left Joy-Con in the future? Or perhaps we'll get third party covers for the buttons like the PSP used to.

I'm really going to miss Miiverse, it was great.

I know but for those who want to play those kind of games in handheld mode, not really an option..

Yeh :hmm: There's also the issue of not wanting to buy a pro controller as it isn't going to be compatible with games that require the Joy-Cons. I'll be making do without the D-Pad but it is a shame when the controller seems to tick every other box :smile:

One thing I am looking forward to with the VC, apart from portability, is the prospect of online play in some classic titles. Going into battle with @RedShell in Super Mario Kart would be like a dream come true :grin:

Well, that confirms Europe isn't getting it then.

Good thing the Switch is region-free, huh?

Just hope it allows one to set up a US and Japanese account to access those eShop.

Tweet removed, someone fucked up lol

Edited by liger05

God damnit. I thought I would last longer. I thought I'd want to wait until new colors, or maybe at least until summer.

Tomorrow I'm preordering the Switch. God damn you Nintendo. £345 at my local retailer (Norway). Better dust off my old play-asia.com account. Lets get some japanese niche games.

PS - kinda reason: I dont want to buy a copy of Zelda on Wii U, and then later on trade it or sell it just to get the same game on Switch. And I dont want to miss the launch, even though its not too many games out. And it looks awesome.

I can't cancel Zelda bought with my Switch through Nintendo's store :mad: they don't do any amendments to an order once it's been placed. Meaning I'd have to cancel my Switch (and then obviously not be able to get one, because it's sold out) to cancel the game.

I guess I can return it when it arrives, at cost to me... ridiculous.

You can. You absolutely can. Click cancel, it takes you to a screen where you can choose to cancel part of your order or the entire order. For heaven's sake choose 'cancel part of my order'.

I mean the PS4 doesn't show 100s of icons anyway... :heh: (which I know wasn't what you were saying).

I wonder if it will take 2 years for folders to come to Switch like it did with Wii U or if it will come with the launch. Hardware manufacturers seem to be weirdly dropping features from one console to the next at launch and slowly adding them back in.

God damnit. I thought I would last longer. I thought I'd want to wait until new colors, or maybe at least until summer.

Tomorrow I'm preordering the Switch. God damn you Nintendo. £345 at my local retailer (Norway). Better dust off my old play-asia.com account. Lets get some japanese niche games.

PS - kinda reason: I dont want to buy a copy of Zelda on Wii U, and then later on trade it or sell it just to get the same game on Switch. And I dont want to miss the launch, even though its not too many games out. And it looks awesome.

Du ar velgde bra!

Just happened upon this; Graceful Explosion Machine is coming to the Switch (date TBC).

Sleek looking art design, seems like fun!

Hardware manufacturers seem to be weirdly dropping features from one console to the next at launch and slowly adding them back in.

"What can we get away with leaving out..."

"...oh no, that one made them angry, better put it back."

I think it's unfair to say it's just excuse covering and defending, it means whenever someone disagrees with someones opinion they just say - you don't mean it, you're just coming up with excuses for them. Just maybe Serbia actually thinks this.

I also don't think it's a huge deal. Do I think they should have streaming services, probably yeah. But I'm not going to lie there is something about a streamlined pure gaming console that excites me a lot.

I understand the regular use theory on keeping customers engaged with the platform, but who here doesn't have at least two other devices that have all these services? I own 8.

What the hell does an oppressed former communist state have to do with the Switch? are they being manufactured there? :laughing:

I mean the PS4 doesn't show 100s of icons anyway... :heh: (which I know wasn't what you were saying).

I wonder if it will take 2 years for folders to come to Switch like it did with Wii U or if it will come with the launch. Hardware manufacturers seem to be weirdly dropping features from one console to the next at launch and slowly adding them back in.

Yeah, it's what I'm worried about.

With Nintendo giving us all our vc games for free at launch we need somewhere to put them...

With Nintendo giving us all our vc games for free at launch we need somewhere to put them...

Did I miss this being announced?

Just had a look at the total I was going to be spending on this launch, slapped myself around the face and cancelled a heap of superfluous (at launch) accessories.

System, Zelda and any other attractively priced games'll do nicely for me in March.