N-Europe

Football Season 2014/2015

Dog-amoto

Jesus, where'd that come from Spurs..?! @dazzybee must be a happy chap. I'm not! Haha

Conceding so many goals isn't like us, a poor performance on our part.

It was amazing. I was there tonight! One thing that helped us was mason getting injured, I really dont like him and thought Dembele was great when he came on.

And what's going on with kane, he looked atrocious, never going to make it, and this season he's just getting better and better!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerrard struggled to contribute wherever he played, not Rodgers fault at all. He's an absolute legend, but it's very important we do right by the team.

Pretty much this. He's not looked great this season and I think he'd want fans to remember him being at the very top of his game.

Sad news for the league as we'll lose a big player. But, it'll allow others to come through. Important for Liverpool, England and the Premier League.

So it's official now. Gerrard is leaving at the end of the season. It'll be sad to see him go, he is a legend of a player. Sorry he didn't win the Premiership last year. It would have beena fitting finish for the man.

So it's official now. Gerrard is leaving at the end of the season. It'll be sad to see him go, he is a legend of a player. Sorry he didn't win the Premiership last year. It would have beena fitting finish for the man.

He had his chance to win the league and bottled the move to Chelsea..

Watching the Liverpool game last night just hit home how much we need a person who can finish. We had so many chances but most of the shots were simply awful. They were either off target or just had no power to them.

Rodgers had better bring a striker in during this window. Problem is, given the way we are playing, our exit from the Champions League and our position in the Premier League, we are going to have trouble attracting top players.

Have we got no youth coming through the team? Personally, I would give a youngster a try at this point. If he's home grown he would at least play with some passion and be hungry to prove himself.

So, what does everyone think about Ched Evans possibly going to Oldham?.

Hahaha!! I've been wondering for months when this was going to come up haha! He's served his time and has been released. He should therefore be able to play football. That is my personal opinion. There have been people that have killed that have returned to play football

Sheffield United should have signed him a couple of months ago but there was a witch hunt against him and the club. At the time numerous people went on live TV to condemn United giving their former player a chance to train and maybe join the team.

The media made Sheffield United the bad guys. Every day that passed were causing more damage to the club.

Now that a few months have passed and another club has signed him there hasn't been that much of an uproar as there was a few months back. Shame really but it was always going to be the case.

Hahaha!! I've been wondering for months when this was going to come up haha! He's served his time and has been released. He should therefore be able to play football. That is my personal opinion. There have been people that have killed that have returned to play football

Sheffield United should have signed him a couple of months ago but there was a witch hunt against him and the club. At the time numerous people went on live TV to condemn United giving their former player a chance to train and maybe join the team.

The media made Sheffield United the bad guys. Every day that passed were causing more damage to the club.

Now that a few months have passed and another club has signed him there hasn't been that much of an uproar as there was a few months back. Shame really but it was always going to be the case.

Haha, it's a right mess, isn't it?

The whole point of having a prison/justice system in place is for the victims of the crime to have the means to seek lawful justice and for the people committing the crime to be punished. So, in that regard, Ched Evans has been punished. It raises the question: what do we do with people who have broken the law once they have been punished?

He needs to be integrated into society somehow, so...where? If we are a society who won't allow criminals to rebuild their lives and start over, what's the point in having a prison system?

There are three major issues behind him returning to football:

1. He hasn't shown any remorse for his crime. By doing this, he will never be "forgiven" or given a proper chance by the fans of any club he goes to.

2. He will be making a ton of money. He could have a large percentage of his money donated to rape charities or domestic violence charities or something.

3. He will be seen as a role model. My answer to this would be to have him return to the club but his name wouldn't be allowed to be said on television, radio or in the match notes, either for the duration of the contract or until a certain time has passed. Club shirts wouldn't be sold with his name on the back and he would have to undergo workshops where he discusses with young people how he has made a mistake, community service basically.

I dunno, it's a mess.

Haha, it's a right mess, isn't it?

The whole point of having a prison/justice system in place is for the victims of the crime to have the means to seek lawful justice and for the people committing the crime to be punished. So, in that regard, Ched Evans has been punished. It raises the question: what do we do with people who have broken the law once they have been punished?

He needs to be integrated into society somehow, so...where? If we are a society who won't allow criminals to rebuild their lives and start over, what's the point in having a prison system?

There are three major issues behind him returning to football:

1. He hasn't shown any remorse for his crime. By doing this, he will never be "forgiven" or given a proper chance by the fans of any club he goes to.

2. He will be making a ton of money. He could have a large percentage of his money donated to rape charities or domestic violence charities or something.

3. He will be seen as a role model. My answer to this would be to have him return to the club but his name wouldn't be allowed to be said on television, radio or in the match notes, either for the duration of the contract or until a certain time has passed. Club shirts wouldn't be sold with his name on the back and he would have to undergo workshops where he discusses with young people how he has made a mistake, community service basically.

I dunno, it's a mess.

Despite being found guilty he is still pleading his innocence. He is currently going through the long winded appeal process.

I agree and don't see why he should apologise for something he says he hasn't done.

Despite being found guilty he is still pleading his innocence. He is currently going through the long winded appeal process.

I agree and don't see why he should apologise for something he says he hasn't done.

Yeah, that brings many issues itself. He's claiming his innocence and I don't think it'll be easy for any club to take him on and fans to accept him as one of their own if that issue isn't resolved. In my opinion, he shouldn't be looking for a club until either he is found innocent or until he admits that this is what he has done.

Obviously the courts felt that the law had been broken and he was guilty of this crime. I read an article the other day about him from somebody who questioned whether or not Ched Evans actually understood what rape is/was.

He can't apologise (regardless of whether he thinks he did it or not), as it would ruin his appeal.

That's what I mean about the choice. He shouldn't even be thinking about football until either he's found innocent or he admits his guilt. Obviously admitting his guilt would ruin his appeal because...he would be delivering two very mixed messages (you can't be guilty and innocent at the same time, at least not with this crime).

It's an either or basically. If he pursues this appeal, he has to deal with the possibility that he may lose it. What happens then? It'll take a brave club to take him back.

Which clown decided footballers automatically became role models? When exactly were they put on the pedestal?

Whether they like it or not, or whether they choose to or not, they are seen as role models by thousands/millions. They earn a shit ton of money that we will never ever come close to earning, they earn their crust by participating in a sport (the dream of males aged 9 to 90), they score goals, play with some of the best in their profession against top class opposition, they date super models, own multiple properties in several countries, they appear on television, on the internet, on the radio doing interviews, in magazines, they have their names chanted by thousands of people each week and have their names printed onto the backs of the shirts belong to their fans.

How are they NOT seen as role models? Many aspire to be these people, whether they're footballers, track athletes, formula one drivers or whatever. It's but a small burden to bear for having such an extravagant lifestyle.

Are all Firemen role models? Astronauts? CEOs? Shelf stackers?

At the end of the day playing football is a job, whether someone is your role model is your choice. Not their responsibility.

Edit - Just so my position is clear. I am not in support of Ched Evans at all and he has been found guilty of a disgusting crime. However the process of allowing him to return to work is a very complex and murky situation.

Edited by Ramar

Just been browsing the Chelsea website and came across this little fact, my uncle is the 6th youngest player to play for Chelsea!

DA04EE89-7CE1-4995-A2D2-CB55208EC2C9_zpsodgmttgf.png

Was chatting to my flatmate about it and figured we'd check out his career...

552EEB02-0C9A-4DF2-B780-67F544A79EDF_zpsxmtwitmc.png

Not too bad a goal-scoring record for a winger. Go on Uncle Mike! :D

As a little aside from the Club football, voting for the Puskas Award, Goal of the Year closes on Monday the 12th

http://www.fifa.com/ballon-dor/puskas-award/index.html

Finialists consist of 2 World Cup goals and the dark horse of a goal scored in a Irish Womans League match

Stephanie Roache, scroed for Peamount Utd vs Wexford Youths in the Bus Éireann National League (damned lucky there was a camera there that day), back to the goal, two perfect touches, first to control the ball from the cross, then to flick over hers and the defenders head then finished with a excellent pivot and volley.

James Rodriguez, scored for Columbia vs Uruguay at the Brazil 2014 World Cup, lovely bit of buildup play, excellent control on the chest, wonderful volley into the top corner!

Robin van Persie, scored for the Neatherlands vs Spain at the Brazil 2014 World Cup, the Superman diving header, nuff said

Edited by Mokong

Don't think Liverpool's performance was particularly exceptional today but I'm happy with the win at this stage, especially given that we never killed the game. I felt that Lucas had a good game today so it's slightly concerning to hear talk of a move to Inter Milan. We need him in the team, at the moment..