NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

It's actually looking pretty good :smile: I'll look forward to picking it up when the price is right :heh:

The price is already right. It's a budget release ;)

The price is already right. It's a budget release ;)

So it's confirmed that it'll be €30/£25 or less? Answer... :shakehead

So it's confirmed that it'll be €30/£25 or less? Answer... :shakehead

It doesn't have a confirmed price over here yet. The retailers will all lower prices once Nintendo announced it.

Argh another thread derailed by @Wii's unbelievable tightness and constant ignorant moaning about prices, release dates and features. Not telling us what the amiibo features in Captain Toad are is now "deceitful"? Cringe.

Aren't "ignore lists" great? No, that shouldn't be a question, it should be a statement. Ignore lists are great!

Aren't "ignore lists" great? No, that shouldn't be a question, it should be a statement. Ignore lists are great!

Just a small tip, the above would have a lot more meaning if it wasn't posted directly after someone you're supposedly ignoring posts about you :laughing: Don't worry I know you never actually put me on ignore, just like you never put Serebii on it.

A request, please please please don't ruin this thread with constant whinging about exchange rates, prices, lack of features, delays, missing amiibo functionality, Nintendo being deceitful, or other such b0llocks like that about this gem of a game.

B0fNsKiIgAA3nnx.jpg

#NintendoUKStore orders of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker come with this free keychain!

B0fNsKiIgAA3nnx.jpg

#NintendoUKStore orders of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker come with this free keychain!

Wow! That totally makes up for us not getting the game this year! :heh:

Oh well, because the keychain is Nintendo store exclusive, that means I should get my ShopTo order on time or before release day. :indeed:

Gonna need more keys for all these keyrings.

End of January's not that bad. :p

B09BibGCUAAhgHS.png:large

Oh nice! We don't get lumbered with that horrible yellow boxart that the US are getting :)

Here's the US version for reference...

91d%2BU5BkHDL._SY679_.jpg

YUCK! :shakehead

Might be nice if it's shiny gold, which it most likely will be to go with the whole 'treasure' angle.

B09BibGCUAAhgHS.png:large

Oh nice! We don't get lumbered with that horrible yellow boxart that the US are getting :)

Here's the US version for reference...

91d%2BU5BkHDL._SY679_.jpg

YUCK! :shakehead

Wonder how many times I can post that before the game comes out? :D Come on NOE, give me another reason. :grin:

My fiance was getting quite excited about this (she loves Toad), but was disappointed when we found out it was single player only. Probably won't get it now...

I was thinking about this recently and how easily this would port to iPad/Android (assuming it played like the original levels). When we were all talking about how Nintendo could get 'alternative' sorts of games that essentially don't compete with their typical console games, this would work pretty well (especially since it's pretty simple to control). This also feels quite mini game-esque (since it pretty much was one) and I think doesn't feel like it should be its own big game; it might do better as an app in terms of appeal.

I was thinking about this recently and how easily this would port to iPad/Android (assuming it played like the original levels). When we were all talking about how Nintendo could get 'alternative' sorts of games that essentially don't compete with their typical console games, this would work pretty well (especially since it's pretty simple to control). This also feels quite mini game-esque (since it pretty much was one) and I think doesn't feel like it should be its own big game; it might do better as an app in terms of appeal.

Yeah, but in terms of business that could easily become a disaster. For example: on the App Store, there is only a very limited amount of games that gained commercial succes. The games that do gain succes, are very low-priced and mostly depend on ftp formulas. I don't think that turning this into an app/game would be a very sound decision from a business perspective :blank:

Yeah, but in terms of business that could easily become a disaster.

As opposed to releasing the game on Wii U?

It could be a quarter of the cost yet have 10+ times the audience. Statistics obviously made up, but there's serious potential there, and you can't really look at all apps ever released to make the statement you just did given that this is an app that would be made by a very credible company (unlike most apps). And importantly, it's an already well established franchise (Mario and co.).

Edited by Sheikah

Have you ever played the Captain Toad stages in SM3DW? Have you seen any actual footage of the game? There's no way you'd be able to control it! Despite the lack of a jump button, the game still requires precision control for movement and camera control as well as interaction with objects and enemies. It also makes heavy use of the two different screens for perspective based actions and puzzles, as well as gyro controls without interfering with the TV screen view.

It wouldn't work on a phone (or a 3DS for that matter!) Anyone who has played the CT stages in SM3DW would know that instantly...

Have you ever played the Captain Toad stages in SM3DW?

Yeah? I own the game and have completed all the levels. Come on, give me credit, I wouldn't say the gameplay wouldn't suit a device if I didn't know what the gameplay was. It would be ridiculous levels of easy to control; in fact I think it would even benefit from being more easily able to finger swipe the camera. They could make Toad auto walk in a given direction (or even have it so you can hold down one side to move along in 2D across the typically one block thick platforms), and you could jump with a tap. Thinks like blowing aren't really needed. It's really not a precision game at all!

Edit: I just remembered now, you're the one who thought fruit ninja would work better on the multitouch-lacking 3DS using a stylus than a tablet. :rolleyes:

Edited by Sheikah

its a budget game too, so not a co plate rip off. I've p,sued a few levels and a so,hugely love it and Id much prefer playing it the tele with a controller. Although I do think Nintendo should provide little experiments on mobile, this isn't one of them.

It's still laughable how many people think the App Store is a viable market place. The staggering odds are that by 2018 only 1 in 10,000 apps will be commercially successful, with the vast majority of commercially successful apps surviving off the free to play model with in game purchases being the main way to earn revenue.

http://www.cultofmac.com/262310/race-bottom-1-app-10000-will-financial-success-2018/