NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

Yup, looks amazing and I'm left waiting till next year for it because...?

Gaps in the release schedule? But will America not have the same gaps to fill in January then?

Gaps in the release schedule? But will America not have the same gaps to fill in January then?

Or Japan for that matter...

Game is looking amazing, the perfect little Christmas gem. This delay is f-ing gutting.

Man, it's rediculous how good this game looks, the visuals are the best I have seen so far on WiiU.

Too bad about the delay, but I'm still very excited to play this eventually!

I hope they release a demo so I can give the gameplay a try.

They probably won't, though as most people would have tried it in 3D World.

Man, it's rediculous how good this game looks, the visuals are the best I have seen so far on WiiU.

Too bad about the delay, but I'm still very excited to play this eventually!

It really is. icon14.gif

I'm particularly impressed with the quality of the animation. There's a lovely stop motion feel to it, which combined with the visual quality (the models look like real life toys :o) makes for a truly wonderful looking game. :love:

Unfortunate how this has slipped to 2015 for us, but it should be a great game to kickoff the new year! :)

I can't wait for a Captain Toad amiibo, wonder if there will be one packed in with a copy of the game.

Even in the US and Japan the game's amiibo functionality is being delayed to 2015, probably same day as we get it. I assume because they've their hands full with the Smash range in the mean time.

This game is completely and utterly stunning. It really looks like a playable CG movie. I'm questioning if it's in 1080p or not. Official site makes no mention.

We're getting Captain Toad on January 9th 2015

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

Oh my god this game typifies why I love nintendo so much! What a great start to 2015 this will be, and a grew year ahead too!

Played the 3 level demo of this and loved it so much! 70 levels doesn't sound a lot to me though...

Played the 3 level demo of this and loved it so much! 70 levels doesn't sound a lot to me though...

10 worlds of 7 levels each? Seems plenty to me.

January 9th for us...January 2nd for Spain. What?

Yeah, that is really weird :wtf: In fact, both dates are really weird in general as it shows that they could easily have gotten it out in time for Xmas and that it's not been pushed back to fill any real gaping hole in the release schedule as it's only a 3 week delay from the US date...

Hmm... :blank: I'm thinking that it might tie into that rumour some months back about them planning on having one 1st party Wii U game out every single month throughout 2015. That would explain why they really wanted it at the start of January so much that they willingly allowed the game to miss the Xmas season...

If that's the case, then I expect them to big this up in the next Nintendo Direct as a way of saying to people "Look! We guarantee that there wont be any droughts next year! Look at what game is coming out each month!"

Oh my god this game typifies why I love nintendo so much! What a great start to 2015 this will be, and a grew year ahead too!

70 levels is about as many as SM3DW had (yes yes I know that they're much shorter here, but still) and it does say over 70 levels...

If there's anything to be said about all of EAD Tokyo's games is that they're always filled with globs of content, especially post game content... I doubt you have much to worry about on that front, budget price or otherwise ;)

Edited by Dcubed

Also, Captain Toad is being sold at a lower price than main retail games

Japan: 3700 Yen | Normal Wii U Game Price: 6800 Yen

Australia: $60 | Normal Wii U Game Price: $80

Oh my god this game typifies why I love nintendo so much!

Pretty much this.

What was once my most anticipated title for 2014 is now my most anticipated title for 2015. :)

I was contemplating getting a US Wii U for this but the delay is only a few weeks. Then again, if I did import one I would get Smash Bros early. Hmmmm...

Hmm not sure I like the sound of that. I'd rather it was considered a big retail game like any other.

Ahh. What I love about this is how excited people are!

And who'd have thought an idea born out of a mini game from a main Mario flag ship game with TOAD as the star would make us Nintendo fans this hyped and excited!

Dat Nintendo magic.

It's about time Toad took the spot light for a bit. He's always been full of charm and Nintendo cuteness IMO. I didn't think Nintendo could make him more adorable than his stint in Luigi's Mansion 2, but the trailers we've seen have already done that! :D

Really looking forward to this.

Ahh. What I love about this is how excited people are!

And who'd have thought an idea born out of a mini game from a main Mario flag ship game with TOAD as the star would make us Nintendo fans this hyped and excited!

Dat Nintendo magic.

It's about time Toad took the spot light for a bit. He's always been full of charm and Nintendo cuteness IMO. I didn't think Nintendo could make him more adorable than his stint in Luigi's Mansion 2, but the trailers we've seen have already done that! :D

Really looking forward to this.

It, like other EAD games, are games that you just play with a huge grin on your face, even when it's frustrating. When you die, you burst out laughing rather than start cussing.

It's the Nintendo magic.

You're asking for trouble by mentioning those prices. 3,700 Yen = <£22 or €27. America is getting it for $40 = £25 or <€32. No way does this come out here for €30 or even €35. Watch how it'll be at least €45. The releasing of it here is a joke as well, just so they can say they released a game every month next year. Worked out well for Donkey Konng Country: Tropical Freeze didn't it and the year after? Your response? Taxes. Rubbish! Something that defends them.

Edited by Wii

And 70 levels isn't a lot especially considering how small they are. But I can smell DLC coming and Amiibo thrown in.

And 70 levels isn't a lot especially considering how small they are. But I can smell DLC coming and Amiibo thrown in.

You mean the amiibo inclusion that we've known exists in this game since June? :p

You mean the amiibo inclusion that we've known exists in this game since June? :p

You mean the Amiibo inclusion that does what exactly? :p

Wii U - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Trailer (American Version)

&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&fmt=22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">
&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

You're asking for trouble by mentioning those prices. 3,700 Yen = <£22 or €27. America is getting it for $40 = £25 or <€32. No way does this come out here for €30 or even €35. Watch how it'll be at least €45. The releasing of it here is a joke as well, just so they can say they released a game every month next year. Worked out well for Donkey Konng Country: Tropical Freeze didn't it and the year after? Your response? Taxes. Rubbish! Something that defends them.

All I was saying was that the RRPs in each region are lower than the standard RRP. I wasn't suggesting a direct conversion because, and has been explained to you countless times, that's not how the economy works.

You mean the Amiibo inclusion that does what exactly? :p

Wii U - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Trailer (American Version)

&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&fmt=22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01">
&ap=%%2526fmt%%3D22&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="615" height="360">

We don't know what it does, but we have known it has existed since then.

All I was saying was that the RRPs in each region are lower than the standard RRP. I wasn't suggesting a direct conversion because, and has been explained to you countless times, that's not how the economy works.

They charge what they think the market will tolerate. Talk to someone from Norway, I've seen various members from there on this forum complain how expensive games are over there. But Norway is an expensive country. A pint of beer is nearly €10.

We don't know what it does, but we have known it has existed since then.

Sure what's the rush? It's not like they launch in a month and a half and it only took until the Wii U's 2nd anniversary. Hasn't stopped them setting a price and being available everywhere for pre-order though. The launch of the Wii U was somewhat similar and deceitful. That worked out well.