NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

We should be all be uniting to defeat the common enemy here.

BlueShell.jpg

I'm tired of your shit, BlueShell.

Well what I got from that post was that you laugh when you're punished unfairly in a Nintendo game, whereas now he didn't say it directly but it's implied that other game makers don't do the same. I don't know about you but let's just use Ashleys example. Have you ever laughed when you've been hit by a blue shell? I certainly haven't. I might laugh at others getting screwed in some scenarios but never when it happens to myself and blue shells are unfair regardless of who it hits. They're not funny.

Good point sir!

I can only speak for myself, I curse a lot when I'm with friends, but not as much (almost quiet even) when playing around family/little kids etc.

And yeah, sometimes I laugh when I get hit because it's sooooooo predictable when you're in a big lead to get hit by an inevitable blue shell... All I can think at such a time, ohhhh you admirably devilish developers with your evil shenanigans!! :indeed:

And again: I think Serebii just meant a lot of Nintendo experiences, not all of them.

For me personaly Sony also created some games that I would say have that "Nintendo factor", like for example Loco Roco and Patapon.

I'm not really familiar with the Xbox (360/One) libraries but I bet they're to be found there also!

Blue shells = P00 smells. Somewhere along the line it got Lost In Translation.

Say Bill, can I stop you for a Nintendo Minute, what do you think of Blue Shells?

DViGV8rfVjw6Q.gif

Edited by Wii

And where do they come from?

Spinies have a red shell and no wings and I have yet to encounter a blue-shelled koopa (para)troopa with a spiked shell. Mushroom world, you are making noooo sence!!!!!! :heh:

there were buzzy beetles, images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU70m4Sa9UoIK2RAEpJp8crcAexN-BcJY2cA8qNhcLSdzyzylx

although no spikes there.

The buzzy beetle could resist the fire flower, invincibility did kill them. green shelled koopa paratroopers were aimless, the red ones I seem to remember being a more formidable opponent... possible they even followed you, rather than flying right past you if you snuck past. so green shell < red shell. The buzzy beetle was trickier to get rid of than either koopa trooper variant, only by kicking it down a bottomless pit or using a starman power up could you succeed... so blue buzzy beetle shell > red kooper trooper shell.

Still, you are right about the spikes...perhaps a spiny and buzzy beetle had a love child? and as goombas can have wings these days, I imagine any one can sprout wings!

You may have an anger management problem :p

No. As Sheikah said it's a mechanic that's becoming more and more about Nintendo being a dick.

I'm fine with it unto itself, but it's the only game that annoys me in the way that it does. I'm pretty chill about most things.

Anyway, isn't this thread about a mushroom not a shell?

Famitsu have reviewed Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker and given it 8/9/9/8 which is a respectable 34/40 or 85%.

Japanese Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker commercials

10 minutes of Japanese footage of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

Looks amazing but it's such a huge shame they couldn't have sneaked it out for christmas, perfect game for chilling on the sofa after Christmas lunch .

Big shame but the new release date helps a little I suppose. Looks fantastic.

Comes out a day before my birthday. Perfect!

Incredibly this comes out the day I return from holiday and 3 days before I return to work.

:D

Wii U - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker Mini-Universes Galore Trailer

Interesting development info from Game Informer.

Year's ago, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker director Shinya Hiratake had a dream for a game set in a series of small diorama-like levels where the hero couldn't jump. Instead players moved the camera around the diorama, guiding their hero through a dangerous environment before finding the exit. That hero was, of course, Link.

Before Captain Toad ever made his debut in Super Mario 3D Land, Hiratake dreamed of a game set inside smaller worlds. He had reasoned that if he removed the jumping mechanic from a platformer that he could shrink a game's levels by a significant degree. However, Hiratake figured that this kind of a game wouldn't fit into the Mario universe since most of those characters could jump. The Legend of Zelda's Link however, would be the perfect protagonist for a game like this.

"We must have done too good of a job with our demo," says Hiratake, "because during our presentation, Mr. Miyamoto asked us how we were planning on bringing these dioramas into production. He thought we were pitching him an actual physical product design."

After the release of Super Mario 3D Land, Miyamoto actually approached the team and encouraged them to take the concepts in the Toad Tracker minigame and expand them into a full blown title.

Game Informer needs to work on being more informed... Confusing 3D World with 3D Land, and even taking that into account they still got the debut title of Captain Toad completely wrong...

Nintendo says Toads are genderless, Toadette and Toad aren’t siblings

Interestingly enough, Nintendo did not truly settle on a specific gender for its Toad characters from the Mario universe. That’s despite the fact that Toad takes on the appearance of a male and Toadette has female characteristics.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker producer Koichi Hayashida told GameSpot in a recent interview:

“This is maybe a little bit of a strange story, but we never really went out of our way to decide on the sex of these characters, even though they have somewhat gendered appearances. But I think what I can say is that Toadette and Toad are not siblings — perhaps it would be more accurate to say they are adventure pals. And that’s certainly true here [in Captain Toad].”

Hayashida also went on to clarify that Toads are not mushrooms. When GameSpot brought up the resemblance and nomenclature, Hayashida noted:

“This particular riddle might stay unsolved. That’s one of the great mysteries of the Mario universe.”

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-says-toads-are-genderless-toadette-and-toad-arent-siblings/

Watched a trailer earlier on eShop. I could have sworn the release date said January 9th and not the 2nd.

Not near my Wii U now, so can't double check

Watched a trailer earlier on eShop. I could have sworn the release date said January 9th and not the 2nd.

Not near my Wii U now, so can't double check

The date moved forward, it was announced in the Nintendo Direct a couple of weeks ago, probably after that trailer was released.

Shameless plug, but here's a review of Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers (Japanese release): http://another-castle.com/forums/forum/castle-content-aa/reviews-aa/15463-captain-toad-treasure-tracker-review

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker was pretty much exactly what I expected to be. That is a brief but engaging single-player experience with the classic Nintendo charm. It isn’t too difficult and it won’t last a long time but it is fun the whole way there. If you found yourself smiling at the trailers and gameplay videos, you’ll likely enjoy playing it.

Can't wait till January.

Reviews so far for the game.

IGN – 8.2 / 10

Joystiq – 4 / 5

GameSpot – 8 / 10

USgamer – 4.5 / 5

Nintendo Life – 8 / 10

Destructoid – 8 / 10

Polygon – 8.5 / 10

Shacknews – 9 / 10

Videogamer – 7 / 10

GiantBomb – 3 / 5

GamesRadar – 3 / 5

NintendoWorldReport – 9 / 10

It's an internally developed Nintendo game, do we really need a review to know it's amazing? :D