NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

Sales have held, they seem to have leveled off at double the amount of sales prior to mk8.

Also perhaps Toad is delayed to ensure that Smash gets released on schedule?

To make sure people buy Smash and amiibo.

I have a ridiculous amount of money on amiibo pre-orders haha

Sales have held, they seem to have leveled off at double the amount of sales prior to mk8.

I don't see how. Toad doesn't seem to be a text heavy game and it's getting released in the US this year.

I may be missing some key titles here but at this point I have Hyrule Warriors in Sept, possibly ( didn't like the first one ) Bayonetta 2 in Oct and then Smash in Dec. Unless there is a surprise release of something, this makes for a crazily barren release schedule for the end of the year.

I don't see how. Toad doesn't seem to be a text heavy game and it's getting released in the US this year.

I may be missing some key titles here but at this point I have Hyrule Warriors in Sept, possibly ( didn't like the first one ) Bayonetta 2 in Oct and then Smash in Dec. Unless there is a surprise release of something, this makes for a crazily barren release schedule for the end of the year.

Smash will almost certainly be November.

That makes no sense. CTTT and Smash 4 are being made by completely different teams and CTTT will have almost no text to speak of, so localisation isn't going to be the limiting factor here.

The CTTT delay in Europe is either purely tactical (to fill a gap in the release schedule) or indicative of a delay to come for all the other regions too...

That makes no sense. CTTT and Smash 4 are being made by completely different teams and CTTT will have almost no text to speak of, so localisation isn't going to be the limiting factor here.

The CTTT delay in Europe is either purely tactical (to fill a gap in the release schedule) or indicative of a delay to come for all the other regions too...

It still has text... the localisation, afaik is done by a separate team in NoE, my knowledge on that front is limited but I was under the impression there was just the one team.

Regardless of whether there is a lot or a little localisation required with CTTT, Smash will need localisation, rather than try to get both Smash and CTTT both done this year, it makes more sense to ensure Smash gets localised and released in good time, then have CTTT released as and when it is ready. It may well be the localisation team all booked their holiday for after smash is done :D

I presume you would agree that of the two titles, Smash is the more prominent and therefore worth taking precedence over CTTT.

Of course that in itself would fall into "strategic" release category. It could be a plain old blunder - paperwork not dealt with in a timely manner, so the game won't be rated in time for a 2014 release? :D

It is a shame it won't come out this year though, for sure. It would have been nice to enjoy the network premium perks from buying it this side of December 31st 2014....

I'd love to see Smash getting delayed. And I want a reaction video of Serebii seeing that news :p :heart:

Nah, I hope it gets released in November. That's why I got a Wii U, god damnit!

Also...couldn't care less about Toad's fucking adventure. I hated those levels. :indeed:

May have been delayed to January in Europe :(

sanstitrevmefs.png

Oh no, not Captain Turd! At least I can console myself with picking up the other stellar efforts that are Wii Fit U, Wii Sports U, Wii Party U, Game & Wario U, NES Remix 1 & 2.......barf!

Maybe it got delayed so they can get Wii Music U out in time for Christmas. That would make everyone happy.

I'd love to see Smash getting delayed. And I want a reaction video of Serebii seeing that news :p :heart:

Nah, I hope it gets released in November. That's why I got a Wii U, god damnit!

Also...couldn't care less about Toad's fucking adventure. I hated those levels. :indeed:

Should have seen my reaction to ORAS being delayed by a week in Europe :p

Oh no, not Captain Turd! At least I can console myself with picking up the other stellar efforts that are Wii Fit U, Wii Sports U, Wii Party U, Game & Wario U, NES Remix 1 & 2.......barf!

Maybe it got delayed so they can get Wii Music U out in time for Christmas. That would make everyone happy.

there-is-no-need-to-be-upset-lawn-mower.gif

To make sure people buy Smash and amiibo.

I have a ridiculous amount of money on amiibo pre-orders haha

I can't wait to play Amoeba. Who needs a new Metroid, F-Zero or Waverace right? I'd much prefer the money scam of Amoeba that Nintendo are late to the party as always with. Good thing the Wii U isn't a video games console or they'd be in trouble.

Edited by Wii

I can't wait to play Amoeba. Who needs a new Metroid, F-Zero or Waverace right? I'd much prefer the money scam of Amoeba that Nintendo are late to the party as always with. Good thing the Wii U isn't a video games console or they'd be in trouble.

Wow, you seem to be in a foul mood today.

Come on now, what's wrong? Tell Uncle Glen all about it.

Nah, this is perfectly normal for Wii around games he deems a waste of time.

Other threads to look out for include, but are not limited to:

Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise,

Wii Music,

Wii Party,

and NES Remix.

Wii Music,

Wii Party,

and NES Remix.

You can understand with those games, but with this???

Wii Music,

Wii Party,

and NES Remix.

You forgot Wii Fit and worst of all Skyward Sword. ;) The others I don't care about but Skyward Sword was a huge disappointment. It's Zelda, it should have been awesome, it was anything but.

Referring back to Captain Turd, it's another lazy effort that's so lazy it won't be out this year.

Edited by Wii

January might be a better time tbh, I can't see myself doing anything else than playing smash bros around the end of 2014 haha! Still looking forward to this title as well though!

You forgot Wii Fit and worst of all Skyward Sword. ;) The others I don't care about but Skyward Sword was a huge disappointment. It's Zelda, it should have been awesome, it was anything but.

Referring back to Captain Turd, it's another lazy effort that's so lazy it won't be out this year.

Considering it's on track for 2014 for US and Japan, it's hardly "laziness" that's caused the delay here.

Considering it's on track for 2014 for US and Japan, it's hardly "laziness" that's caused the delay here.

It's lazy for Europe, what good is it being out in the US and Japan when you can't play it here? It's still a turd in the US and a 糞 in Japan.

It's lazy for Europe, what good is it being out in the US and Japan when you can't play it here? It's still a turd in the US and a 糞 in Japan.

Oh go troll somewhere else.

Captain Turd and Amoeba. We're quite clearly dealing with genius wit here.

I played captain toad at hyper japan and it was amazing. And now this :(

I don't understand Nintendo, they keep saying about momentum since before launch, heading into the third year they haven't had ANY MOMENTUM once. Still hoping journalists start doing their jobs and pointing out to Nintendo their release schedule.

I never thought they'd do it, but I'm really beginning to think they're giving it the worlds slowest death. Trickle games out as they develop their next handheld/home console hybrid. It's the only way Nintendo can continue.

Yeah, I think a similar sentiment was voiced here in the gamecube era, looking back the GC had a tonne of amazing games, some of which I missed out on.

But this is a deja vu feeling I'm getting here, in many ways.

1) feels like a long time since a new must have title was released

2) my best mate talks about getting one, but doesn't seem likely to

3)Nintendo staying around the same level of sales as microsofts entry...

I'm sure there are other comparisons.

Should have seen my reaction to ORAS being delayed by a week in Europe :p

I believe the term "epic hissy fit" would be an understatement ;)

NOE put out a reason for Captain Toad's delay...

... and it's pretty much exactly what I was expecting to hear...

''To make the best launch timing possible in Europe, it is now confirmed that Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is delayed in Europe until January 2015.''

It's DK Tropical Freeze all over again... Expect Q1 2015 to be totally barren in that case :(

(unless Smash Wii U gets delayed, which I still think is a very strong possibility...)