NEurope
Retro_Link

Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers

Well done, you found the one review with the lowest score, whilst simultaneously ignoring places like IGN, Gamespot, Gametrailers, Polygon, EGM that all gave it 8 or more. (also you should read up on the definition of the word trinity, then you might see that "union of trinity" doesn't make much sense).

edit, sorry, you found the worst review apart from this little insightful gem:

Captain Turd is a turd. Yes it is lazy and no you can't polish a turd.

Well this is getting circular :p

I'm really looking forward to this game. Don't care if certain others aren't, but it looks like an absolute joy to play, and that's what I want from my games.

Said the last piece of the triangle to the circle. :p

b4119b50a2f0dfa3346d9102f9b27077-d4qg7fs.jpg

Believe it or not, people have different taste in games to you and many here are excited for this game, and reports from people in America show this game is great.

If you don't like it, that's fine, but why don't you just leave this thread rather than crapping it up? It's people like you who are why some are scared to post in threads these days. If people dare to have an opinion differing to yours, you pounce and crap up the thread. Stop it.

Edited by Serebii

Believe it or not, people have different taste in games to you and many here are excited for this game, and reports from people in America show this game is great.

If you don't like it, that's fine, but why don't you just leave this thread rather than crapping it up? It's people like you who are why some are scared to post in threads these days. If people dare to have an opinion differing to yours, you pounce and crap up the thread. Stop it.

Good for them. I haven't told anybody not to buy it. Like you said everyone has their opinion. Some like it, some don't. This is mine. Enough of the melodramatics. One persons opinion isn't or doesn't scare people away from this thread. My point with the 6/10 was for some balance. It's averaging at around 80% which is very good and this is why. Should the 6/10's not be allowed have a review or opinion because they don't give it a glowing recommendation and will scare people away? If it was a €20-€30 purchase I'd have less of a problem with it.

I'm a little concerned when this will be delivered. There will be a back log of post to deliver due to New Years Day. I'm hoping that the likes of Amazon and Shopto will get them shipped extra early. To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if retailers have this game in stock ( not on shelves ) before Christmas.

Good for them. I haven't told anybody not to buy it. Like you said everyone has their opinion. Some like it, some don't. This is mine. Enough of the melodramatics. One persons opinion isn't or doesn't scare people away from this thread. My point with the 6/10 was for some balance. It's averaging at around 80% which is very good and this is why. Should the 6/10's not be allowed have a review or opinion because they don't give it a glowing recommendation and will scare people away? If it was a €20-€30 purchase I'd have less of a problem with it.

I never said that, but you continually coming in the thread saying the game is a "turd" and "nobody wants it" is the issue, not you posting a review

I'm a little concerned when this will be delivered. There will be a back log of post to deliver due to New Years Day. I'm hoping that the likes of Amazon and Shopto will get them shipped extra early. To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if retailers have this game in stock ( not on shelves ) before Christmas.

Same. I wouldn't be surprised if they ship it before Christmas.

It would be interesting to see if images of this turns up on Christmas morning. It is a most bizarre release date. Whatever about the logistical nightmare of from manufacture to the finished product on the shelf what with the minefield of companies closed over the Christmas period, there's one business that's not closed. The Nintendo eShop. It definitely could release earlier on there.

Any guesses as to which online retailer could ship first? Amazon or shopTo?

My point with the 6/10 was for some balance. It's averaging at around 80% which is very good and this is why. Should the 6/10's not be allowed have a review

It's not for balance though is it. The vast majority of reviews have given it an 8, that's why its metacritic is about there. You posting one of the only two 6/10's isn't for balance, it's a desperate attempt to slate the game.

Edited by Ronnie

I never said that, but you continually coming in the thread saying the game is a "turd" and "nobody wants it" is the issue, not you posting a review

I said I don't want it and I don't keep calling it a turd. Someone here keeps referencing back to what I called it. No prizes for guessing who.

To be fair,@Wii it is a budget release. It's £30 at most online retailers, with some going even as low as £25.

Only 3 shops left to buy Wii U games in Ireland.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Wii U/Games/46669/captain-toad-treasure-tracker €60

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-743/nintendo-wii-u/p-6499/captain-toad-treasure-tracker-wii-u/ €50

And Argos in Ireland don't let you preorder Wii U products. It's a bit early for preordering on the UK website I see but I expect a price tag of €45.

That's not a budget price.

I think we can all agree (and those who don't will come to agree) that Captain Toad is a fucking terrible F-Zero.

Of course, I'd rather Nintendo give us F-Zero or new Mario Galaxy but we've got Toad, it looks a fun sideshow. I don't think it'll blow anyone's mind but does it need to?

I think its undeniable that Captain Toad has had a pretty quick development - but is that wrong? It's seems a wonderful small-idea game. Perhaps a little criticism could be made on Nintendo's reliance on it's established IP, but since the very idea is deeply rooted in Mario 3D World that's maybe a little unfair.

I was originally a little worried it would be a little thin (and let's be fair, it probably is compared to lots of other stuff), but its getting some good reviews for what it is; a platform puzzler.

If the game were €10 Wii would still be complaining that it's to expensive for his tight purse

So in summary of the last few pages...

Captain Toad is coming out at the start of next year

It will be an enjoyable platforming title if only slightly overpriced

Most of us will be buying it whereas Wii won't be and that's OK

Shall we move on? : peace:

There are plenty of other games surely coming out in 2015 which we don't know about which will be decent too - just as this will be - and we'll surely all be wondering why there was so much circular 'debate' about one title. :blank:

For what it's worth, I think it's charming from what I've seen, it's a game that I expect to last a few hours, have a few interesting Amiibo extras - somehow as it has been stated they will be used - and I expect to remain at least entertained for the duration of the mini-adventure featuring one of Nintendo's most underrated mascots who deserves a shot at the limelight. :D

Was that @Wii's review? :p

Ha Ha. I was waiting for someone to say that. :heh:

I've got Smash Bros. Wii U to keep occupied. And over Christmas I'll make a start on Bayonetta before moving onto the sequel. You have to keep something for Christmas morning. So I'm happy. :) I'll pick up Captain Toad when it's in the bargain bin.

Ha Ha. I was waiting for someone to say that. :heh:

I've got Smash Bros. Wii U to keep occupied. And over Christmas I'll make a start on Bayonetta before moving onto the sequel. You have to keep something for Christmas morning. So I'm happy. :) I'll pick up Captain Toad when it's in the bargain bin.

Nintendo EAD game in the bargain bin?

Yeah keep dreaming

Shall we move on? : peace:

We had but for some reason Zechs decided to kick the hornets nest despite the comments being well over a week old.

I have more games than I'll ever play, I'm busier in life than ive ever been. Sometimes I prefer my games small and awesome.

I still haven't played xenoblade, I'm going to dive in over xmas. But the reason I'm put off is its too big!

This game is perfect for me. I know I'm going to love it, and I don't care if it's only 10 hours. Do we complain at a 90 minute film or a 3 minute song? If it's awesome that's all that matters.

As for amiibo, can't wait to see how it's used. I love the amiibo concept! Even if it's just toad dressed up as various characters, that'd be good. Though something like that should be there at launch. I don't know if I'd want to play through it again just to see toad dressed up as samus.

What would be utterly dreamy, though highly unlikely. Is an amiibo unlocks a new level based in that character. And either toad dressed up as that character, or even a toad-ified (yes it is a verb!!!!!) version of that character.

The length of a game doesn't bother me just as long as it's fun. I've played countless games in my lifetime where there has been needless padding, which makes the game a far worse experience. I prefer something that is more focused in its execution.

Thomas Was Alone is a great example of this. The game is about 3 hours long but I got an immense sense of joy and satisfaction from playing it.

I can't wait for this game.

I haven't touched my Wii U since the MK DLC and I only played those courses a couple of times. Brilliant though, and I have a huge urge to play them again at the minute.

Other last few big releases from Nintendo haven't appealed to me in the slightest. Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors are a no no. Also, as much as I love Smash, the single player aspect of it just doesn't seem strong enough for me to buy into it yet.

I did spend a load of time with Mike1988UK and Smash Wii U a week or so ago and we had a great time! Playing with all the new characters, bit of healthy competition like the old days :D but that's kinda the thing. It's not the old days for us anymore :weep: so the days of playing this with a load of mates, (where smash shines IMO) are gawn. :(

Captain Toad then, is exaaaaactly what I need over the festive period. This is the perfect game for me to laze back with a massive box of chocolates left over from Christmas at my side. Going to town. :D

I know I will enjoy this as I loved these sections in SM3DW.

I get it's not for everyone, but it's definitely for me. And finally a reason to turn my Wii U on again!

I can't wait for this game.

I haven't touched my Wii U since the MK DLC and I only played those courses a couple of times. Brilliant though, and I have a huge urge to play them again at the minute.

Other last few big releases from Nintendo haven't appealed to me in the slightest. Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors are a no no. Also, as much as I love Smash, the single player aspect of it just doesn't seem strong enough for me to buy into it yet.

I did spend a load of time with Mike1988UK and Smash Wii U a week or so ago and we had a great time! Playing with all the new characters, bit of healthy competition like the old days :D but that's kinda the thing. It's not the old days for us anymore :weep: so the days of playing this with a load of mates, (where smash shines IMO) are gawn. :(

Captain Toad then, is exaaaaactly what I need over the festive period. This is the perfect game for me to laze back with a massive box of chocolates left over from Christmas at my side. Going to town. :D

I know I will enjoy this as I loved these sections in SM3DW.

I get it's not for everyone, but it's definitely for me. And finally a reason to turn my Wii U on again!

You do realize that

Peach is not in this game

?

:heh: