N-Europe

Playstation Plus Free Games

Happenstance

2nd July: TowerFall Ascension (PS4)

2nd July: Strider (PS4)

2nd July: Dead Space 3 (PS3)

2nd July: Vessel (PS3)

2nd July: LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes (Vita)

2nd July: Doki Doki Universe (Vita)

Apart from Towerfall (supposedly it's good), probably the poorest month yet.

Edited by Cube

Personally I'm not displeased with that list because I've wanted to play Towerfall and Lego Batman 2.

I did say they would get worse when there were no PS4 games and when it became required for online play :p noooobody believed me.

I did say they would get worse when there were no PS4 games and when it became required for online play :p noooobody believed me.

I remember you saying that the quality would deteriorate now that PS Plus was required, but I don't think that's the case here (rather, it's just too soon). I don't think anyone thought they would be releasing retail PS4 games straight away since nobody would buy them normally otherwise.

Personally I'm not displeased with that list because I've wanted to play Towerfall and Lego Batman 2.

I backed you. Having said that, I don't think the quality has been outrageously poor, especially considering the lack of AAA titles at launch generally.

2nd July: TowerFall Ascension (PS4)

2nd July: Strider (PS4)

2nd July: Dead Space 3 (PS3)

2nd July: Vessel (PS3)

2nd July: LEGO Batman 2: DC Superheroes (Vita)

2nd July: Doki Doki Universe (Vita)

Apart from Towerfall (supposedly it's good), probably the poorest month yet.

Strider is a damn fine game.

Strider is a damn fine game.

Indeed it is. Bought it day-one and played a fair bit. However, other titles came in the way.

I think I'll give it another go soon.

This month's PS+ offer is awesome. Towerfall Ascension and Doki Doki Universe for my PS4! : peace:

Also, 3,50€ for the Guacamelee ultimate edition PS4 upgrade is a nice touch :yay:

Do you think it's worth upgrading?

Haven't played the upgraded version, yet and I actually only played the PS3 version halfway trough.

I read there are two new areas, one or two new powers, a new boss, and some lighting upgrades.

The 'original' is insanely fun and for 3,50€ I thought: "Why the hell not"

By the way: Can't wait to give TowerFall Ascension a go. After all your praise it has to be done!

• 4 weeks later...
Aren't the Vita versions poor ports of the poor 3DS versions?

Yeah. The cutscene video compression is awful aswell. The levels are usually the same/similar to the console versions though. The main difference is that there are no massive hub worlds to explore, which pleases me as I hated this addition to the Lego games.

We still get 2 games per console, though. Right?

Yeah. As far as I can tell this was just a partial leak.

I know nothing about either. :heh:

So, it's likely that this will be the same for us then, except with 'Arry Potter for Vita instead of what they had?

FEZ is SO amazing. Its soundtrack alone is a thing of beauty. You're in for a real treat. Let me know what you think. It's like a platformer wrapped in a riddle, wrapped in an enigma, swallowed by surrealism.

Yep, it's basically the same, http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/07/30/new-ps-plus-august-road-taken-crysis-3-fez/

Hm already bought FEZ a couple of weeks ago. But it was on sale, so...

Road Not Taken is a rogue-like puzzle game. YES!

Crysis 3. Meh. Proteus. Looks interesting.

Metrico. Never heard of it, looks cool.

Lego Harry Potter. Couldn't care less :p

Anyway, good month : peace: