NEurope
lostmario

Games that you'd like to see get a HD remake

With the recent remakes of 2D classics Duck Tales & Castle of Illusion and with Shadow of the Beast recently announced for 2014 for PS4, what other games from the 80/90s would you like to see get remade in HD?

For me it would be the Streets of Rage trilogy with online co-op.

My want for so long, that will never happen now, would be an LttP remake in 3D. Take a 2D top-down game and give it the 3D world treatment.

Tbh otherwise really, I don't rate HD remakes all that much. Feel cheap and unneccessary; graphics are one of the last line things for me - so a HD remake doesn't really blow my mind as it's still the same game, if that makes sense.

Super Metroid

Blood Omen>Soul Reaver>Soul Reaver 2 > Blood Omen 2>Defiance

final Fantasy 9

Majora's Mask

Rogue Leader

Dark Forces 2 and potentially subsequent sequels

Metal Gear Solid

Grandia and Grandia 2

Perfect Dark

i think if those got remade i'd probably never buy any other games

I'd rather see proper updates rather than HD updates. With a lot of HD updates, the gameplay can still be old and clunky.

The Twin Snakes is how remakes should be done. It brought all aspects of the game (graphics/gameplay/lotsofslowmobecauseofthematrix) up to date.

Twin Snakes is how remakes should be done... in some aspects. Visually it was great with MGS2 mechanics which were a nice addition. But some of the new voice acting stunk, crappy out of place new music and cutscenes which made Snake into a superhero...

Metroid Prime, full HD, texture, model and environment overhauls. I would never play anything else ever again.

Perfect Dark has been remade.

5353.PERFECTDARK.jpg

i don't really count that as a HD remake, its more like a updated texture pack on xblive....thats the only xbox game i miss...that said when i played it on live i thought it was exactly the same as the N64 version only displaying at a better resolution :hmm:

I'd want a full Perfect dark remake on PC/WiiU/Ps4 in graphics and texture models akin to Killzone

Donkey Kong 64 needs a HD remake. The game just looks nasty, and stretched like many of the late N64 platformers that were too ambitious with scale whilst sacrificing on things like loading times and graphical detail.

If they were to remake it they would have to change it's angle a bit, as it would bore modern gamers to tears with its endless collectibles, a gap which could be replaced by more mini games (the mini games in DKC spring to mind)

And they could make the bosses look more menacing in HD, especially K.Rool as he looked like he was just a fat green blob. Imagine a sharp toothed, deep green and black scaled monster....drooling at the mouth in terrifying HD glory!! (Except with a little gold crown and boxing gear ha)

Fifa indoor matches. And not like in Fifa Street.

I want a next gen Fifa with indoor matches. NOW.

For me it would be the Streets of Rage trilogy with online co-op.
That would be AMAZING! :awesome:

My choice would definitely be...

5z25.jpg

˄ That's my artist's impression of the title screen in HD. :heh:

Off the top of my head:

Snowboard Kids

SBK.jpg

Still one of my all-time favs, we invested a lot of time into this gem, but since we never had a controller pak we had to start anew everyday... Still never stopped us playing.

In fact from time we still bust out the mighty N64 and play it!

Super Mario Sunshine

Super%2BMario%2BSunshine%2BBox%2BArt%2BGameCube.jpg

Probably my joint 2nd favourite 3D Mario. Simply put I just loved it, great location, enjoyable soundtrack and the Fludd was just a blast to use!

If we never get another F-Zero then I want a remake of...

F-Zero GX

gcn-fzero.jpg

I'm fortunate to have played so many superb racers during my years of gaming, the likes of Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart Double Dash & Diddy Kong Racing etc. However F-Zero GX was a completely different beast altogether.

It was one of the few games that gave me that real sense of speed. It was pure exhilaration!

The game also had rockin' soundtrack and a fantastic campaign mode that you won't find in other racers. You also had the cranked up difficulty, and 29 other racers to boot.

Perhaps the best part of GX was the tracks. No two were the same and each you had to master in order to come out on top. They were SO much fun to play and I've never played a game with so many varied tracks since.

GX was also beautiful to the eyes, they really aced the visuals and a HD remake would just be out of this world. Having said that a GX remake shouldn't be limited to a visual makeover, it would need to have an online multiplayer mode, I don't know if leader boards when it comes to time trials and the ability to share your created machines with others around the world.

There are two more games that I'd like to be remade but I'll probably put them down later on.

Edited by -Dem0-

459510_50780_front.jpg

sh2box.jpg

Shadow Hearts 1 and 2. I freaking loved these games. Still one of the best uses of a turn based battle system and had some really great characters. The ending to the second game was a real tear-jerker...

Damn, I loved these games...

Mario Galaxy 1/2 HD pack should be inevitable.

I'd like to see the Ocarina of Time 3D remake available on the Wii U eShop some time.

Viewtiful Joe 1/2 double pack.

Tales of Symphonia HD would be welcome on the Wii U, hope it happens. I have no desire to play it with the horrible PS3 controller.

The only one I can think of is Majora's Mask for the 3DS.

I'd love to be able to play the game, it would be a great experience, like playing Ocarina of Time was.

Unless it forcibly disabled the sleep function somehow I think MM might lost the aspect of time pressure as far as the 3DS goes.

Also, I was thinking about it some more - and whilst it isn't that big a deal - I'm starting to think a proper nice HD remake of SM64 could be pretty awesome. Maybe do it of the DS version with the extra content - but yeah. Imagine mario without his chunky ol' hat head, the paintings look proper nice, the bob-omb dudes having a nice refined edge to them...yeah. Could be good.

Edited by Rummy

Anything that's GC/PS2/Xbox onwards would only need a coat of HD, most likely. It's the N64/PS1 era that needs the remakes.

Final Fantasy 7 with decent models and a better written story could be something worthwhile.

Super Mario 64 could work.

Super Mario Sunshine looks gorgeous, and more pleasing than a lot of games nowadays, so I guess it's a good candidate for the HD treatment. Dat paint and dem water effects...

I want a remake (or at least a good sequel ) of Final Fantasy: Crystal chronicles.

The game already looked amazing on the gamecube, so it would have to look brilliant on the WiiU.

I loved the story, I loved the design, I loved the gameplay, the multiplayer etc. etc.

Classics like this need to be kept accessible for all generations + this is a perfect fit for the gamepad screen

I would love to see a HD/remake of the Onimusha trilogy ( I care not for DoD ) and Dino Crisis 1 + 2....3 never happened!

IT. NEVER. HAPPENED.

Donkey Kong 64 needs a HD remake. The game just looks nasty, and stretched like many of the late N64 platformers that were too ambitious with scale whilst sacrificing on things like loading times and graphical detail.

If they were to remake it they would have to change it's angle a bit, as it would bore modern gamers to tears with its endless collectibles, a gap which could be replaced by more mini games (the mini games in DKC spring to mind)

And they could make the bosses look more menacing in HD, especially K.Rool as he looked like he was just a fat green blob. Imagine a sharp toothed, deep green and black scaled monster....drooling at the mouth in terrifying HD glory!! (Except with a little gold crown and boxing gear ha)

Really!? I always thought it was one of the best looking N64 games! But yes, a HD version would be wonderful. They're not going to do that any time soon though, it's all 2D platformers from here, with minimal references to the DK universe bar the man himself.

And yeah, after seeing how wonderful Galaxy looks through the dolphin emulator, they have to re-release it in HD. In fact, after seeing some of those screenshots I wouldn't be surprised if it looks just as good as 3D Worlds when in HD :p

Really!? I always thought it was one of the best looking N64 games! But yes, a HD version would be wonderful. They're not going to do that any time soon though, it's all 2D platformers from here, with minimal references to the DK universe bar the man himself.

And yeah, after seeing how wonderful Galaxy looks through the dolphin emulator, they have to re-release it in HD. In fact, after seeing some of those screenshots I wouldn't be surprised if it looks just as good as 3D Worlds when in HD :p

The menu screen on Boom Street needs a HD remake amirite?

Oh man, I can't begin to imagine that start screen in HD. It's pixelated enough with just the SCART, I really don't know how they managed to make it look so bad!

And it's funny you should mention it, for a brief, wonderful moment, when this was first shown on Nintendo Direct I thought it was a new Boom Street. Then it zoomed out to reveal it was just 3D Worlds :(

Boom-Street-t.jpg