NEurope
Happenstance

Avengers: Age of Ultron

I'm excited for this, but I'm more excited to see the new Star Wars trailer with it!!!

A friend of mine suggests that something happening in Agents of Shield Will be mentioned in this. I haven't seen AoS since the seventh episode in season 1 but do you figure I'll miss out on something when watching this?

I think there will be links but nothing that the Avengers wont manage to explain for people who dont want SHIELD.

I would assume the link would be the Inhumans and the fact that Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch are rumoured to be part of that group now instead of mutants. That'll then most likely lead into Civil War and registration.

Watched this last night,

and while awesome and dark with Ultron, he did not figure prominently in the story regarding screen time. I would have liked to see him a lot more as there is a naive menace from him. Saying that though, the threat the Avengers faced in the 1st film felt far more tangible than Ultron's hordes. And, one section of the movie with Scarlet Witch making all the Avengers trip out was far too long and surreal. Less Witch more Ultron please. Paul Bettany's character is absolutely wonderful to look at, well done MARVEL/Disney another good super hero movie, even through the cliches.

Gah! It's my friends birthday next Saturday, and he wants to see this for his birthday (it's kind of a tradition that we go and see a Marvel film since they usually come out on the May Bank Holiday weekend). But I really wanna see this now!

Watched this last night,
and while awesome and dark with Ultron, he did not figure prominently in the story regarding screen time. I would have liked to see him a lot more as there is a naive menace from him. Saying that though, the threat the Avengers faced in the 1st film felt far more tangible than Ultron's hordes. And, one section of the movie with Scarlet Witch making all the Avengers trip out was far too long and surreal. Less Witch more Ultron please. Paul Bettany's character is absolutely wonderful to look at, well done MARVEL/Disney another good super hero movie, even through the cliches.

I went to see it last night and agree for the most part on what you said the

is i really don't like ultron having a mouth or teeth either! it was just plain odd at times

Wasn't keen on Quicksilver being killed off at all (was he?)

And it was sad the current team disbanded in a way

All in all it was a great movie

Wasn't keen on Quicksilver being killed off at all (was he?)

All in all it was a great movie

yeah his death did seem odd. To the point I did question whether or not he will make a miraculous recovery due to help from the Korean scientist. Yet, he was missing from the New Avengers.

Correct.

And it's not great (tbh) but it couldn't really take anything away from the film for me. Does it have it's flaws? Sure. Absolutely. But holy shit this film gets so much right. More than any other Marvel film I think it will be rewarding to view multiple times just simply because there is so much on screen to look at.

The balancing act of characters (there are so many) is masterful. Action scenes are so plentiful and so good.

Every character has something to do, none of them feel underused too much (maybe one does, but then they have a big/pivotal ish scene) and....ugh. Incredible.

I am totally in love with Scarlet Witch now. Hawkeye's role was superb. Amazing. Great action. Vision and Ultron are incredible too. Wow.

I loved it, of course.

One of the things I really appreciated was:

The character building of the Avengers that don't have their own films. We got Hawkeye's family, we had more Black Widow backstory to add to what we've had from Winter Soldier/Agent Carter, and the relationship between her and Hulk was done really well. I thought if anything she was going to get closer to Captain America after the last film, but their attraction was well portrayed. Sad that Hulk's ran away now though

:( Looking forward to seeing more of the new team. I believe most of them are appearing in Civil War, so it looks like we'll be getting more Avengers sooner than Infinity War!

I booked my tickets to see Avengers last night to see it today at 3:30pm. I make my way there, I get off the bus and notice massive roadworks by a really small bridge near the showcase cinema. The workers tell me I cant walk through so I make my way to the near by cemetery and climb over a wall onto the canal because I know theres a way down to the cinema but nooooooooo that's all fenced off. My only other option is to walk home and go the other way around but if I did that I would of missed 30 minutes of the film so I just went home but I left my keys because I didn't think I'd be home until after 6pm so I have to twiddle my thumbs in the garden waiting for some one to come home for an hour and a half.

A waste of ten quid and I don't even wanna see it any more lol.

Just got back from the cinema. Good movie overall but as ReZ said, not without its flaws. Scarlet Witch was the standout character for me this time, like Black Widow in the first Avengers.

3D was even more of a waste of money than usual this time. When you took the glasses off the only way you could tell it was 3D was a slight blurring in the background. I barely saw anything pop out.

Scarlet Witch was great. She constantly seemed to me that there was so much more power in there, waiting to be released (which you saw a glimpse of when Quicksilver died)

Speaking of Quicksilver. I expect thats not the last we see of him and I think Scarlet Witch's growing powers will have something to do with that.

Strucker was wasted

Vision seemed good but needed more screen time I think

Not sure they knew what to do with Thor. His mystery trip to magic waters was super weird.

Hated Black Widow and Banner. No chemistry and just thrown together for the story with no build up at all.

Amazing fight scenes and team moments with the music working well to make them epic.

Kind of undecided if I liked Ultron or not. I definitely didnt dislike him though. Need more time to think about it I guess.

Hawkeye was still boring. He got one good scene where he seemed like actual Hawkeye (when he was talking to himself about wanting to kill Quicksilver), other than that he was just boring ass Jeremy Renner.

Despite having seen it in the trailer, I still absolutely love Cap moving Thor's hammer slightly.

Mid credits scene was a letdown, too similar to the first movies.

"New Avengers" stuff seemed interesting but I was letdown by my own fanboy hopes that the camera would pan around and we'd see a room full of costumed heroes!

How did we not get this scene????

3f6500dd5aa456e2_large.jpg

I booked my tickets to see Avengers last night to see it today at 3:30pm. I make my way there, I get off the bus and notice massive roadworks by a really small bridge near the showcase cinema. The workers tell me I cant walk through so I make my way to the near by cemetery and climb over a wall onto the canal because I know theres a way down to the cinema but nooooooooo that's all fenced off. My only other option is to walk home and go the other way around but if I did that I would of missed 30 minutes of the film so I just went home but I left my keys because I didn't think I'd be home until after 6pm so I have to twiddle my thumbs in the garden waiting for some one to come home for an hour and a half.

A waste of ten quid and I don't even wanna see it any more lol.

Including adverts and trailer times?!

So... it's another solid 4-star Avengers film then?

I enjoyed the first, presumably I'll like this so I'll get it in a few months on disc. :)

Including adverts and trailer times?!

Nope. The only other way to the cinema was really out of the way. It would of taken a while to double back home and make my way back to the cinema.

Its fecking stupid how the two ways to the cinema are quite a distance aways from each other. The cinema has a canal blocking routes, the M6 blocking others etc.

Just got back from the cinema. Tony Stark is so intensely unlikable and treacherous that it basically undoes a lot of the film; like how Cobb in Inception is clearly guilty of manslaughter.

Overall I enjoyed it but the dialogue is pretty bad at points. And Ultron is...underwhelming. I find it really distracting how all the characters speak similarly, they're all so artificially witty.

And I can't help feel that the story barely moved the universe forward at all. It was just the Avengers clearing up a mess caused by their own incompetence, incompetence to the point of being ignorant malice.

I take it back, Ultron was shit. "There are no strings on me." Please, you're the quintessential Disney villain, you're all strings.

TL;DR - It's fun that doesn't hold up to much scrutiny. Don't think I'll want to watch it again, either.

3 out of 5

Watched it for a second time today. Noticed loads of little details that I didn't pick up on before. Also I had a few (pretty big) questions, that I possibly didn't get the first time due to it being 2/3am.

It's similar to the time I saw Iron Man 3 for the second time.....fucking adored it. Incredible. Now love it even more. I basically cried about three times from love. I know in terms of "Is this film as good as Winter Soldier and Guardians" it's probably not as good, but person enjoyment for me, it's up there.

Also I had a few (pretty big) questions, that I possibly didn't get the first time due to it being 2/3am.

Which were?

Did anybody else have a moment where they couldn't believe what they just heard?

Iron Man to Black Widow: "I hope you're not playing hide the zucchini..."

I literally sat back thinking "did they really just say that??"