NEurope
Happenstance

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Well we have a name for the new Avengers movie. Just a shame it had to be named after one of the worst comic events Marvel has ever put out.

Avengers2-logo-SDCC.jpg

Hang on. When is Ant-Man out. I'm not exactly thrilled that they're doing Ultron before Ant-Man, having said that....maybe they've thought of a cool way to introduce him spinning out of it.

Yeah all I can hope is that Pym gets introduced in this then that carries on into Ant Man. Maybe Avengers 2 will be his origin into superhero-ing. Still though, I would have preferred it if they'd had the Ant Man movie first where we could have seen Ultron being created to build him up for his appearance in Avengers.

Ultron? What happened to Thanos?

Who knows, maybe he will still be in it or maybe he will be in Guardians of the Galaxy somehow then that could tie into Avengers 3.

Looks like Vin Diesel will probably be Ultron (voice/mocap/both/either) from whats been teased recently.

Or possibly Thanos if he does play a hand in Guardians - he has to really, if his granddaughter is in it.

I really hope Guardians is like 2.5-3 hours long. It has so much ground to cover/characters and it deserves to be a sprawling scifi epic.

Wasnt there a rumour that Vin Diesel was going to be Vision?

Voice only if true hopefully. Dude's too short for Vision.

Looks like Hank Pym wont be in this and Ultron will be getting a new origin :(

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/22/comic-con-whedon-says-no-hank-pym-in-avengers-2-and-different-ultron-origin

:hmm:

how will that work.... they have to include the character even if its off screen, say tony builds him usung an ai arcitecture built by a doctor pym, who tony jokes about, to just exclude him its wrong

Wait WHAT?????

At first I was confused, how could they do Ultron before Ant-Man. I was thinking maybe Pym makes Ultron but doesn't become Ant-Man till the end of Avengers 2... which leads to Ant-Man.

But now they want to do Ultron WITHOUT Ant-Man....WTF?

Ultron is an important part of Pym's character/mythos.... I'm not sure if they actually know what they are doing anymore????

I had always hoped the Ant-Man film (and possibly an Ant-Man 2) would lead up to the creation of Ultron setting up Avengers 3 (or 4).

What do they do with Ant-Man/Hank Pym in the future if he doesn't create Ultron?

Edited by Mokong

Can't Tony Stark catch a break!... they're making him the creator of Ultron!... Fuck, poor guy! (especially after the crappy Iron Man 3)

So will Ultron be Tony's Iron Man replacement gone wrong?... if so his suit making's becoming a bit of a joke after the comedy Mk42. Oh dear. Will it have the voice of corrupt Jarvis?

I was wondering whether bring Hawkeye back... hopefully he just swings in for the final battle as Renner was pretty boring in The Avengers. Needs his proper costume this time to give him a bit of character.

Filming in London! :D

Edited by Retro_Link

I'd like to see a new Hulk film.

Or possibly just 2 hours of Liv Tyler.

I'd like to see a new Hulk film.

Or possibly just 2 hours of Liv Tyler.

Yeah, I'd like to see a Ruffalo Hulk film before Avengers 2, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen...

Yeah, I'd like to see a Ruffalo Hulk film before Avengers 2, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen...

I read they were looking at after Avengers 2 as a possibility.

Apparently Ruffalo was the directors choice before Norton but he got overruled by the studio because Norton was a bigger name.

Ultron is an important part of Pym's character/mythos

THIS.

But....I was thinking.

So, they're doing Ultron first. That's fine. It doesn't really work the other way, Ant-Man isn't a big part (or rather, doesn't have a huge impact) on Ultron as a character.

And....although Ultron being a MASSIVE part of Ant-Man is true....there was a time where Ultron wasn't in the MU and Ant-Man was.

So I'm actually okay with it. I like that they are building up and saving Thanos for Avengers 3, and I'm so chuffed to see us getting Ultron, that I don't care I guess.

James Spader Cast as Ultron in "The Avengers: Age of Ultron"

Although Marvel Studios' "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" is still two years from hitting theaters, the studio announced the first major casting news today via Marvel.com: Emmy Award-winning actor James Spader has been cast as Ultron in Joss Whedon's "Avengers" sequel.

Spader is best known for his role as Alan Shore on "The Practice" and its spinoff, "Boston Legal." More recently, he appeared in "Lincoln" and had a one season stint on "The Office" as Sabre President Robert California.

Understandably, no other details were given about the capacity of Spader's role in the film, nor how Ultron gets introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. While new animatics from "The Avengers" may reveal new details on Ultron's introduction, it's still very early to say for sure. In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Whedon discussed his approach to Ultron, saying the villain's motivations extend beyond "standard robot stuff."

"He’s got pain," Whedon said. "And the way that manifests is not going to be standard robot stuff. So we’ll take away some of those powers because at some point everybody becomes magic, and I already have someone [scarlet Witch] who’s a witch."

"The Avengers: Age of Ultron" is scheduled for release on May 1, 2015

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=47601

Whendon does want his female superhero's, so this will probably happen.

I'm guessing just a bunch of other Superhero's just turn up to fight in the finale... maybe when it seems like all hope is lost :p

And then they'll explain any that they choose to in Phase 3.

Edited by Retro_Link