NEurope
Happenstance

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Amazing.

I think I need to remain spoiler free for the remainder.

You gonna watch the first trailer?

after looking at those images i think i've gotten Scarlet fever!....wait i'll get a double dose from this movie!

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/03/25/hawkeye-has-a-lot-to-do-with-avengers-age-of-ultron-plot-according-to-robert-downey-jr/

Hawkeye Has A Lot To Do With Avengers: Age Of Ultron Plot According To Robert Downey Jr.

One of the few complaints with the original Avengers movie was that Hawkeye really didn’t have much to do, seeing as he was mind controlled by Loki in the opening scene and remained that way for most of the film.

Well, Hawkeye (played by Jeremy Renner) is going to be much more integral to the plot of “Avengers: Age of Ultron,” according to the film’s resident Iron Man, Robert Downey, Jr. Variety caught up with the star and asked him if he was starting work on “Avengers 2.”

“This one is a very ambitious sequel,” said Downey. “If you read it, it’s dense, it’s smart. Joss (Whedon) is a really smart guy. My 2-year-old is crazy about Hawkeye, and I think Jeremy has a lot to do with the plot. There’s always so many plates to spin to get these things half-right, and I’m really excited about this one.”

Renner is already working on the film, battling Ultron alongside new recruits Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and the Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen), if the set photos we’ve seen are to be believed.

Downey also addressed an issue that’s been increasingly on the minds of fans, as of late: How long can this Marvel Cinematic Universe really last?

“The smart money is you have to look at everybody’s age,” said Downey. “I’ll put myself at the top of the list. Sooner or later, they’ve got to start over and get somebody young. I’m not there with them yet. It really is the closest thing to being a beloved contract player with a big old-timey studio that there is right now. When you really think about it at the end of the day, these films are entertainment largely driven by young folks. There is something very honorable about that. I run into kids wearing “Captain America” masks. My kid believes that Captain America is real.”

I am a bit surprised Hawkeye and Black Widow seem to have big parts in the film.

Yeah me too. Ok so he was under mind control but I found him the most boring character. He had a few enjoyable moments during the end battle.

Wouldn't have really missed him from this film, so I hope they do something much more interesting with him.

Some speculation after watching Captain America 2

So Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were created by Hydra from experiments with Lokis staff? So they aren't mutants/gifted.... interesting way to deal with that part of their original story... wonder will they still have a "dad" or will they just vaguely hint at a name and not really state where or what he is.

Either way, damnit there goes my idea that they would be introduced in Agents of SHIELD as a pair of "gifted" people. Wonder how they end up on Team Avengers then in Age of Ultron? I suppose maybe they break free of Hydra and haven't been brainwashed? Or maybe they'll be like Hawkeye in the first film and be brainwashed for the first half then become good in 2nd half? This prolly means Hydra will have a hand in Age of Ultron too...maybe Hydra will have a mole working with Stark while he is programming Ultron and the mole changes the program trying to get Ultron to work for Hydra?

So I saw Captain America 2 and the teasers, and fuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkkk.

Once again reaffirming my love for Super Hero movies!

SOOOO GOOOOOOD!!!

Some speculation after watching Captain America 2

So Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were created by Hydra from experiments with Lokis staff? So they aren't mutants/gifted.... interesting way to deal with that part of their original story... wonder will they still have a "dad" or will they just vaguely hint at a name and not really state where or what he is.

Either way, damnit there goes my idea that they would be introduced in Agents of SHIELD as a pair of "gifted" people. Wonder how they end up on Team Avengers then in Age of Ultron? I suppose maybe they break free of Hydra and haven't been brainwashed? Or maybe they'll be like Hawkeye in the first film and be brainwashed for the first half then become good in 2nd half? This prolly means Hydra will have a hand in Age of Ultron too...maybe Hydra will have a mole working with Stark while he is programming Ultron and the mole changes the program trying to get Ultron to work for Hydra?

The way they described them as a "miracle" doesn't sound like they created the two, and the staff doesn't seem to be something that would cause random mutations like that.

I think it has more to do with Hydra finding these two, and working out how to successfully use the mind control elements of Loki's staff on them.

Who is the dude with the cape floating in the background above Quicksilver? Surely cant be Magneto?

You do get the feeling there should be one more 'surprise' left for the last pic reveals. In with Hulk would balance out nicely.

Would be cool. So long as it's War Machine and not the atrocity that is Iron Patriot!

Maybe Cap and Quicksilver are off to help Hawkeye in that pic. Stay with your eyes in the sky man!

Hopefully that scene is five minutes into the film, where Hawkeye gets killed and is never mentioned again.

The Vision

Ah yeah forgot he was gonna be in this.

Just wondering though how will they fit/explain all these new characters though?

With the first Avengers film all the characters bar Hawkeye already had proper full film screentime (including Black Widow even though she didn't have her own movie), so there was no need to explain where any of the characters came from.

Hawkeye had his one little cameo in Thor and that plus the first scene of Avengers was enough to set him up.

Kinda feel like the likes of Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch might need to be seen/explained a bit more before Avengers 2 starts, that way we don't have to spend much time in that film defining their origins and stuff and just jump right into the thick of it like the first Avengers film.

With Gaurdians of the Galaxy being the last Marvel film before Avengers 2, unless the after credits scene in that is one hell of a mind blowing scene (hopefully a bit more than just a trailer too, while it was cool at the end of Cap1, I want a more story based end credits for the last film before Avengers 2) fingers crossed with Agents of SHIELD getting a 2nd season we might get some episodes where at least Quicksliver & Scarlet Witch should appear (surely most of season 2 will be Coulson trying to track down the remains of Hydra which leads to him finding out about the Twins?) and surely the last few eps of season two should serve as a prequel-type lead up to the beginings of Avengers 2....yeah?

Given how well the end of season 1 tied in with the movies (mainly of course events during and after Cap2) I can only dream end of season 2 should be tied in closely with just before Avengers 2 which (or during and after depending I guess when season 2 ends relative to when Avengers 2 releases)

Speaking of Agents of SHIELD.... has anything been said of Coulson appearing in Avengers 2 yet? I waiting for that reunion moment with Tony, Cap, Thor and Banner when they find out he's alive :D

Vision I guess if following the comics will be tied to origins of Ultron so will have to be done in film

Edited by Mokong

Speaking of Agents of SHIELD.... has anything been said of Coulson appearing in Avengers 2 yet? I waiting for that reunion moment with Tony, Cap, Thor and Banner when they find out he's alive :D

I think they mentioned a while ago that they werent planning on using him in any of the movies anytime soon but its possible that are just holding that back for a suprise appearance.