N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

Can this not be done somewhere else? Didn't this thread get deleted and re-made for going too far off topic? Always the same.

In other WII U related CONSOLE news, has anyone preordered the sexy Mario and Luigi wii remotes?! They're showing as having a release date of Tuesday... Which is odd, but I haven't decided if I want to pay 40 quid for one yet! It seems silly when I can get Wii Play U or whatever it is and get a remote bundled in for free! But they look sooooo sweet.

Anyone planning on buying one? Or both?!

The Mario & Luigi Wii Remotes are now available on GAME for £35. Currently the cheapest place to buy them.

Does anyone else find the GamePad's range to be pretty bad? It takes seven steps before it has problems, and a wall will reduce the range to less than 2m.

Yep utter shite. I can't play the gamepad in my bedroom and we only live in 3 bed semi. It's pointless if you have to be in the same room as the Wii U. Forget all the other crap people moan about, the gamepad range is by far the biggest fail with the console.

Mine can stretch in quite a few directions for some distance but its easily interfered with by electronics and thick walls, the room next to mine and the bathroom it doesn't work in, so thats within a 5m range, but i can go through the rest of the house and garden to about 10m away...

it would be nice if you could boost signal

For those who can go a good distance must live in a house made of wafers or maybe my walls are made of lead. The gampepad can only into 1 room and that's directly across from the console, even then it often disconnects. Anywhere else you must be joking. Not a chance upstairs, it is really bad. Nintendo haven't been singing that benefit in a long time. At launch they were talking it up, I think they realise now that it's pretty crap.

Yeah when I had mine it started to struggle going past one room. Whats the point of that feature if I cant take the gamepad with me while I go for a shit???

*I think we just figured out the real reason I got rid of my Wii U

I think YOU just did. I didn't need to nor wanted to know that.

Never thought I'd be agreeing with Wii...

And add me to the my game pad goes anywhere. Apart from the kitchen... :heh:

I only ever have it in my room or the living room though and my room is directly below that so that's probably why.

I thought off screen play was bigged up (rightly so) but don't recall them bigging up being able to play anywhere in the house?

Do you just sit at home all day all bitter over perceived offenses towards Nintendo?

nope, i was only stating a fact.

I plan to buy xbone and ps4 at launch by the way, but there is no doubt sony copy the best ideas from nintendo. I do wish nintendo would copy some ideas from the online services on the other consoles tho but at least its free on wii u.

nope, i was only stating a fact.

I plan to buy xbone and ps4 at launch by the way, but there is no doubt sony copy the best ideas from nintendo. I do wish nintendo would copy some ideas from the online services on the other consoles tho but at least its free on wii u.

You just seemed to throw it into the conversation for no real reason thats all