Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

No saves? oh shit did you back up? can you back up? i might start saving everything to the hard drive.....

Even if you save stuff to a hard drive if you send in your Wii U and they send you back a different console then you wouldn't be able to use the hard drive with the new console, if you get back the same one then maybe there is a chance but then again if the NNID is erased then how would it be able to tell that they are your save files?

So many issues with the system it's unreal. :(

His Monster Hunter save. :(:shakehead:cry:

I'm really gutted for you @Blade truly from one Monster Hunter to another. :sad:

If you need any help getting back to where you were on MH3U then you only need call on the N-E *Brotherhood.

*however many of us are still playing anyway, I've been playing it recently as I've been helping Orihime get back to where she was.

Edited by S.C.G
Automerged Doublepost

Even if you save stuff to a hard drive if you send in your Wii U and they send you back a different console then you wouldn't be able to use the hard drive with the new console, if you get back the same one then maybe there is a chance but then again if the NNID is erased then how would it be able to tell that they are your save files?

So many issues with the system it's unreal. :(

I'm really gutted for you @Blade truly from one Monster Hunter to another. :sad:

It really is insane when you think about it.

Nintendo game save files were actually more functional and secure two generations ago!:

KsnKHdF.jpg

Mental. :shakehead

It really is insane when you think about it.

Nintendo game save files were actually more functional and secure two generations ago!:

KsnKHdF.jpg

Mental. :shakehead

It really is unbelievable isn't it?

I really love the humble Gamecube memory card, I have a 251 block memory card solely devoted to Sega games which contains my 2000 hour + PSO save, still works to this very day. :awesome:

I'll be totally devastated the day that ceases to work. :(

It really is unbelievable isn't it?

I really love the humble Gamecube memory card, I have a 251 block memory card solely devoted to Sega games which contains my 2000 hour + PSO save, still works to this very day. :awesome:

I'll be totally devastated the day that ceases to work. :(

I would kill for another good PSO console game. I played the hell out of it on the Dreamcast, then the Gamecube and finally the Xbox. Sooooo good.

I would kill for another good PSO console game. I played the hell out of it on the Dreamcast, then the Gamecube and finally the Xbox. Sooooo good.

You and me both! ;)

Its been on my wish-list for seemingly an eternity! :heh:

In fact it's been so long now that the Monster Hunter games have become almost a natural replacement for it as never has a game had me so hooked since PSO. :D

Unlucky, @Blade. :(

That's a bad feeling to lose all of that. Especially Monster Hunter which is a proper grind and something you have to put a lot of time into.

It's strange that we were just talking about this very issue a few weeks back, along with the confusion over backing-up WiiU data, lack of cloud saves, bad account/no account systems, etc. It's sad that it's happened to one of our own.

I never knew this. That is so damn stupid.

So I have lost all my Wii U and Wii saves. The HDD now needs reformatting so all saves on that will also be deleted.

Called Nintendo earlier today. Their response was basically tough shit. I am actually distraught. What an absolute joke! I think i'm going to trade in the games that I just know i'm not going to play ever again.

So I have lost all my Wii U and Wii saves. The HDD now needs reformatting so all saves on that will also be deleted.

Called Nintendo earlier today. Their response was basically tough shit. I am actually distraught. What an absolute joke! I think i'm going to trade in the games that I just know i'm not going to play ever again.

What games have you got for the system? There might be a few that you can go through again if it's not too taxing. Monster Hunter though...not sure I'd have the strength to start that again if I lost my data. (Tri for Wii)

I put hundreds of hours into PSO on the Dreamcast and got hacked twice.

Those were the days though, my first taste of online gaming on a console with the keyboard on my lap.

Loved walking into the lobby and seeing loads of players stood around organising parties or just having a good chat.

I'm sure you can back up this data. A while back when my Wii U HD was close to full and I picked up an external drive, I'm fairly certain I had the option to transfer save file as well as games across to the new drive. Not that this will help @Blade now, but I do think the option exists.

Probably. Assuming the original Wii U is working. It all seems to hinge around that.

Don't fucking have it man, that's just outrageous and disgusting. I can't even tell you how fucking vexed I'd be by some super bullshit like that. Take it as far as you can! You're in legal stuff too right, surely you'll know your rights and stuff? If I knew more I'd argue they'd damaged it more than fixed it - ofc with DD and license/download agreements and all of that it's so relatively new it's just not so simple as that.

Aaaand that is why I stick as strictly physical as I can, especially with Nintendo. Nobody's gonna fuck up my game disc but me! How many titles you looking at trading in(or to folks here wink wink)? I'd say take a pic of your collection before you do - worth keeping record and making a point of it online - never know if it could come of something.

Just played ZombiU for a bit.

And I'll never play it again. The game may be good and the Gamepad is utilized quite well (using it as a backpack; having to look away from the screen just as you would look away from your surroundings in real life while searching your backpack...it's nice and adds to the atmosphere).

However...the Gamepad has to be the worst controller I've ever used. It's too big, it's uncomfortable and it's just not suitable for playing games. Shame, as I was really looking forward to playing ZombiU :(

Thank god, I'll be able to play Smash with other controllers :)

Yeah, I too don't get the GamePad weight complaints. It's not too heavy, but not overly light either. It's large, sure, but not in a way that adds strain. I find it the most comfortable controller since the Gamecube controller.

I think it's too heavy, too large and uncomfortable. After 10 minutes my wrists hurt. :blank:

But that's just me ;)

Wish the game would allow me to play with the Pro Controller, but still use the GamePad as the backpack.