N-Europe

Wii U General Discussion

Hero-of-Time

Hi

... hiii

That Wii U Difference #3

WTF? Really?... Really????

You know what these things remind me of.... those just as bad cleaning product ads like Vanish and Cilit Bang, Rufus Hound may as well be Barry Scott :heh:

When they bring in Netflix, Lovefilm and Youtube I'm left wondering "you know what would have made this advert make sense..... Nintendo TVii" :heh:

EDIT

Also isn't it interesting how when you watch those vids on Youtube the comments are disabled?

At least they know the comments would not be kind to them :heh:

Also why the hell did it zoom into the lower part of the GamePad? What hack director did they have for this?

I assumed it was to show the "TV" button

When they bring in Netflix, Lovefilm and Youtube I'm left wondering "you know what would have made this advert make sense..... Nintendo TVii" :heh:

Nintendo TVii is dead. They're just not going to mention it for ages and eventually confirm that "due to licensing issues" it won't come out here.

EDIT

Also isn't it interesting how when you watch those vids on Youtube the comments are disabled?

At least they know the comments would not be kind to them :heh:

All their videos have comments removed. Guess they don't have the time to moderate them in case anyone says anything defamatory or inappropriate for their younger audiences.

LEGO City Undercover Wii U Bundle Launching October 18 For Europe

lego-city-undercover-wii-u-boxart.jpg

In amongst The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD Wii U bundle there’s also another launching for Europe. Though not as exciting as the Zelda bundle with the special Hylian design embossed on the GamePad, LEGO City Undercover will launch in combination with a Wii U premium on October 18. Nintendo previously bundled the LEGO City Undercover title with a limited edition figurine of Chase McCain, but there’s been no word on whether it will be included in the new bundle. It’s reportedly priced at £249.99, the same as the Zelda Wii U bundle.

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/08/29/lego-city-undercover-wii-u-bundle-launching-october-18-for-europe/#comment-617703

Edited by Wii

That LEGO City bundle will be great. I love that game, I just wish the loading times weren't so bad. One of my ultimate pet hates is loading times. I think that in itself is Nintendo's fault. Whilst everyone else was sat around staring blankly at their loading screens on PS1 and PS2 I was thrown into the action right away on the N64 and Cube.

Still think these £250 packs need Nintendoland shoe'd in too for extra value, or their prices dropped. I'd opt for the former to keep profits up(or less down rather). As opposed to the Wind Waker bundle does that actually come with a physical copy of Lego City like the pic suggests?

I just think that in order to shift units they need to reduce the price to under £200. Do that and bundle a game with it and it looks more like a promising purchase.

They also should have realised how important this christmas period will be this year due to the competition releasing their next gen consoles and acted upon that by ensuring Mario Karts release.

These £250 packs aren't great value when you realise the game included is a shitty download code and not a physical copy. No wonder the prices dropped.

What!! No physical copy of the game. That blows!!

£250 is still too high. I don't think it will have much impact.

Still think these £250 packs need Nintendoland shoe'd in too for extra value, or their prices dropped. I'd opt for the former to keep profits up(or less down rather). As opposed to the Wind Waker bundle does that actually come with a physical copy of Lego City like the pic suggests?

I was reading yesterday before that boxart was released that it will come with a physical copy of the game because they've a tonne of unsold copies of this game. Unlike the WindWaker bundle which is a download code. Makes sense, more sense than making a Lego bundle more than 6 months after the games release and why it's this game as opposed to I don't know, maybe.........NSMBU.

That LEGO City bundle will be great. I love that game, I just wish the loading times weren't so bad. One of my ultimate pet hates is loading times. I think that in itself is Nintendo's fault. Whilst everyone else was sat around staring blankly at their loading screens on PS1 and PS2 I was thrown into the action right away on the N64 and Cube.

Agreed.

Don't buy Splinter Cell on the Wii U then. As much as i'm loving the game the loading times are simply atrocious. What with Lego, Splinter Cell and W101 it seems the Wii U could have done with an install option.

Nintendolife had a great article on it the other day.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/talking_point_the_wii_us_limited_hard_drive_space_and_future_install_headaches

It's something that I always do with my 360 games. I like having that option to install a game or not. It speeds up the load times and save wear and tear on the machine.

What!! No physical copy of the game. That blows!!

£250 is still too high. I don't think it will have much impact.

I believe that's the way it will be for Zelda. I assume LEGO City will be similar.

Not sure if they'll be pre-loaded or not either. I read information that pointed toward it being a download code rather than pre-installed. It'll be an interesting move by Nintendo if so.

Agreed.

Don't buy Splinter Cell on the Wii U then. As much as i'm loving the game the loading times are simply atrocious. What with Lego, Splinter Cell and W101 it seems the Wii U could have done with an install option.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/08/talking_point_the_wii_us_limited_hard_drive_space_and_future_install_headaches

It's something that I always do with my 360 games. I like having that option to install a game or not. It speeds up the load times and save wear and tear on the machine.

Is it possible for the Wii U to do this via a patch or was it something that had to be incorporated at the planning stage of the Wii U?

Is it possible for the Wii U to do this via a patch or was it something that had to be incorporated at the planning stage of the Wii U?

It'd be possible, sure. However, it'd require a significant rewrite of the OS, akin to the one MS did for the 360 as this feature didn't exist on that until like 2010

It'd be possible, sure. However, it'd require a significant rewrite of the OS, akin to the one MS did for the 360 as this feature didn't exist on that until like 2010

Thanks. So if the 360 can do it then Wii U has no excuse. I don't know what Splinter Cell's and W101's loading times are like but Lego City Undercover is atrocious. Nearly 3 minutes to even start the game.

An install feature would be totally pointless on Wii U. The console's disc drive runs at more or less the same speed as USB 2.0, so you wouldn't actually see any real speed increase (I have digital and physical Nintendo Land and the load times are exactly the same, no matter how it is stored - be it disc, USB HDD or internal Flash)

People are quick to forget that the Wii U's disc drive is roughly 3x as fast as the PS3's drive. Games like Lego City and Splinter Cell have long loading times because they're poorly programmed (some people on GAF speculate that it's something to do with them using the wrong IO system or something, supposedly lots of developers made the same mistake with their launch titles) - meanwhile games like Nintendo Land and Pikmin 3 have almost no noticable load times at all and even stuff like TW101's loading times are no longer than Bayonetta (when installed on the 360).

It was actually introduced in 2008.

An install feature would be totally pointless on Wii U. The console's disc drive runs at more or less the same speed as USB 2.0, so you wouldn't actually see any real speed increase (I have digital and physical Nintendo Land and the load times are exactly the same, no matter how it is stored - be it disc, USB HDD or internal Flash)

Interesting.

Still, I would have liked to have the option just for the wear and tear.

I was reading yesterday before that boxart was released that it will come with a physical copy of the game because they've a tonne of unsold copies of this game. Unlike the WindWaker bundle which is a download code. Makes sense, more sense than making a Lego bundle more than 6 months after the games release and why it's this game as opposed to I don't know, maybe.........NSMBU.

Makes sense cos the game did bomb so yeah pack a physical copy inside.

Agreed.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...tall_headaches

Long load times are the worst. Its so annoying just waiting.

We're never going to get physical copies in bundles any more - unless there's a specific reason to include one. I don't understand why people aren't expecting digital versions at this point.

Also Monster Hunter had a slight loading time improvement with the digital version (loaded via internal flash or SSD).

I had wondered if it was an effort to clear stocks given the pic indicated physical - didn't really want to trust it though.

We're never going to get physical copies in bundles any more - unless there's a specific reason to include one. I don't understand why people aren't expecting digital versions at this point.

Also Monster Hunter had a slight loading time improvement with the digital version (loaded via internal flash or SSD).

Personally I'm still not 100% on DD except on my PC(given the much larger capacity and speed possibilities there) - however if Nintendo really want to get it adopted and to be a success they need to significantly undercut cheapest retail prices - I'm sure there's plenty people here who given an equal or even a £5-10 more price difference for physical would go physical.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost