Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Mario Kart 8

Ike

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, what inspired the new avatar/sig @RedShell? :p you playing through Mario64 or just fancy Mario'ing it up?
Got the idea for the avatar after seeing this awesome artwork on Nintendo's Japanese site the other day:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/hardware/pickup/index.html

Thought it'd be funny to have Mario watching something else on TV though, and it was. :laughing:

As for the sig, I'm not actually playing Mario 64 at the moment, but I'm not playing anything else on Nintendo hardware either. So yeah, Mario's probably going to be sleeping until MK8 finally comes out. ;)

Do you give advanced warning of what Karts and parts are to be used? I don't like the idea of being told what to use!

Theme for the week is posted on Sunday with the question "Who's in?", league night is Thursday starting at 8pm.

Regarding being told what to use, I still havent decided if I will push that with it still 3 months away from release. The theme GP template I posted is just that, a template.

The kart parts was taken from MK7, they might not feature in MK8.

For this year and to attract as many players as possible, I might just leave it up to the player to choose his best setup (character & vehicle).

Next year when we have a good group of regulars, there will be more themes, with compulsory characters & karts or bikes to use.

This year the aim is to attract and have as many people playing each week as possible.

We had 43 people take part in the first year on the 3DS, I want to better that.

Hopefully they announce lot of details on the online mode soon. I want to place my pre-order.

I just hope they don't have a launch day embargo on it (although Nintendo usually has it ending at least a week before).

Having the freedom to choose your own combination is definitely a good thing, as everyone likes different setups. Of course there are always imbalances between vehicles and drivers, but then again you wouldn't force everyone to use the same character in a Smash Bros league either, right? Maybe for fun yes, but other than that people would like to hone their main character skills...kind of a similar thing here, eh?

I'd just not want to miss out on races if I don't have the particular parts required. I think that's the only downside to doing that.

In the 3DS League I often didn't have the required parts.

You can still play but the position was that you just picked the "standard" part.

The theme GPs are great, and 12 of the same character/kart in a race is seriously entertaining. :D It also has the added benefit of leveling the playing field (a little bit :heh:) as nobody will have a faster or better handling vehicle than anyone else.

And people can still play with their own vehicle or character selection anytime they like by simply playing on worldwide, but the theme GPs are only possible thanks to the league. :smile:

I'm expecting a full Nintendo Direct blow out soon though that should shed some light on how the online will work.
And make the wait for this game even more excruciatingly unbearable than it is already. :cry:

Not that I don't want new info, I obviously do. But I'm just so hyped for MK8 already. A Nintendo Direct could be fatal! :hehe:

Crazy, isn't it? We are 2 months away and still know next to nothing about it. I'm expecting a full Nintendo Direct blow out soon though that should shed some light on how the online will work.

They will have to do a Mario Kart 8 direct all about it. I reckon that should drop early May or late April.

Cue Iwata in a Mario cap with a Wii steering wheel.

I've got my flexi at work to a point that i can start taking early finishes again, meaning as long as i can get the Thursdays off early i will be able to join in with league matches.

And i'm quite alarmed, with 2 months (or so) to go that not a whole lot has been revealed about the game. I know more about Smash Brothers than this, and that doesn't have a release date (as of yet).

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!