N-Europe

Mario Kart 8

Ike

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking a little closer at those Zelda track images, I noticed in this screenshot at the lower left where there are some item blocks, you can see a Deku Baba on the side. The rupee's around the track is a nice touch too.

GameXplain seem to have full races uploaded from the new tracks:

Edited by Helmsly

SNES Rainbow Road!?

Awwwww yeah! The Man's Rainbow Road! And DAT MUSIC! HNNNNNNG!

Yeah, I like the original Rainbow Road. It's proper hard! Like a Rainbow Road should be, unlike the N64 one, which is proper weak sauce when it comes to difficulty.

SNES Rainbow Road!?

Awwwww yeah! The Man's Rainbow Road! And DAT MUSIC! HNNNNNNG!

Yeah, I like the original Rainbow Road. It's proper hard! Like a Rainbow Road should be, unlike the N64 one, which is proper weak sauce when it comes to difficulty.

The N64 one is great! The worst Rainbow Road by far is the Wii U one - it's just a space track and doesnt feel like a Rainbow Road should be.

The N64 one is great! The worst Rainbow Road by far is the Wii U one - it's just a space track and doesnt feel like a Rainbow Road should be.

The N64 Rainbow Road is one of the most boring tracks in Mario Kart history. There's almost no risk, just a few easily avoidable Chain Chomps. And it's FAR too long. 3 laps on that is pure torture.

I mean, look at how much MK8 had to jazz it up. And it's still too easy.

The WiiU one may not be very rainbow-y, but at least it's somewhat challenging. Tricky corners, a few risky shortcuts and an actual chance of falling off.

It's about as good as the Gamecube Rainbow Road. (Which I see as OK)

Here’s how Mario Kart 8’s downloadable content works online

Nintendo is planning to let you play as Zelda’s Link and Cat Peach in Mario Kart 8 in an add-on pack it’s releasing later this month, but some gamers are worried that the content won’t work online.

Earlier today, a report surfaced that claimed the content in the Mario Kart 8 DLC won’t work if anyone in the online lobby doesn’t have it. That’s isn’t exactly the case. We asked Nintendo for the details, and here’s exactly how it works.

When you start an online match of Mario Kart 8, you get an option to either go play with the original 32 courses or with all 40 courses (the original 32 plus the eight DLC tracks). Likewise, when you create a tournament, you can select 32 or 40 courses, but you can also select to only play the DLC levels.

Of course, if you make a 40 course tournament, everyone that wants to join will need the DLC.

So don’t worry, you’ll never get kicked out of a match because someone else doesn’t have the DLC.

Additionally, you can use the DLC characters, like Tanooki Mario, in the 32-course mode. Even if people don’t have that content, they’ll still see you rocking the freshest racers.

The first Mario Kart 8 DLC pack is available for presale now for $8, and it debuts Nov. 13. It comes with an F-Zero-inspired kart, Link, Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, and eight new courses. The second DLC pack, also $8, includes Animal Crossing’s Villager and Isabelle as well as the skeleton-like Dry Bowser. It debuts in May.

If you preorder the two packs at the same time, it’s $12 for both.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/11/06/heres-how-mario-kart-8s-downloadable-content-works-online/

Edited by Wii

That's the perfect way of doing it.

No-one has any grounds to complain about this method.

Bet someone will though...

You're right it is perfect. Not everyone has the DLC so it'll be interesting to see what's decided for next weeks league. I'd say it should be out in time but we won't get much practise in. Might need 2 plans for the league that night just in case it isn't out in time.