N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Hero-of-Time

Yeah! That artwork is niiice.

Some screenshots and artwork.

10039110944_6844d81d71.jpg

- So looks like there's collectable snails/shells that probably unlocks something?

- You can switch between the normal and "other" world maps at any time.

- You can set markers (up to 20?) on the map for marking stuff like heart pieces to collect later?

- I knew that item would be some sort of propeller/helicopter thing.

- Zelda's design is great (seems to have been based of the original ALttP/GBA design).

- What's the bell for?

i'm loveing this games look and changes, the fact you can rent items (and collect in dungeons) is a nice twist that will let me start on turtle rock or where ever i damn well please! i can't believe on gaf they are already completing the zelda cycle and complaining its a bad idea and go back to the classic formula etc...

i hope you can wear majora's mask, or as part of your quest do something with it

Interesting artwork

zle.jpg

Looks like a complete mashup of various characters...interesting! Obv Gerudoish look, Gannondorf, staff/twinrova/witch aspect?

Regardless, I like it!

Ok, from the latest trailer on today's ND...

Seems like my prediction a page or two earlier about free dungeon exploration via item purchases was right!

Also... did anyone notice that Majora's Mask made a cameo in the above trailer?

Only just come across this video; all good stuff.

Think this could shape up to be really awesome. Familiar NPCs are good to see, some good looking scenes(think Zelda's look is beautifully cute). Very excited for this! Been playing a fair bit of Ages recently too, so that helps!

Didn't catch the MM cameo tho DeadPixel - where was that bit? -nvm seen cube's post.

Edited by Rummy
Automerged Doublepost

Looks like a complete mashup of various characters...interesting! Obv Gerudoish look, Gannondorf, staff/twinrova/witch aspect?

Yep, she is called Irene and Zelda's counterpart in dark world is named "Hilda".

pRdQAvh.png

Edited by Shorty

Yep, she is called Irene and Zelda's counterpart in dark world is named "Hilda".

pRdQAvh.png

As above I thought that was the witch on the broomstick on the bridge; not that gerudo looking character?

Shame they didn't make her Maple - first thought I had when I saw her.

Anyone know what the button mapping is like on the game (ie: what button does what)

Mainly I'm wondering is the R button heavily used/needed to play the game?

Like would the game be impossible to play without a working R button :heh:?

Was playing Mario Kart in the N-E League this evening and my R button started acting iffy. It would be working one minute then not the next (had to do a few laps without drifting at all then it suddenly comes back :heh:)

Just played a little Zen Pinball to test it (best game to test shoulder buttons) and it worked perfectly :heh: Go figure :mad:

My 3DS has already been to Nintendo for repair of this very issue TWICE now. I have no problem sending it in a 3rd time but as Link Between Worlds is the only 3DS game I have on the horizon I was thinking if it doesn't use the R button for anything important I could hold off sending the console away till after I get and finish Link Between Worlds.

The warranty from teh last repair is good till April anyway :heh:

What kinda 3DS you got Mokong? I've had should button troubles a couple times now - guess you've got a warranty extension from previous repairs though? Tbh I'd say send it away now and get it back in time for LBW - as you'll know they're pretty quick on the turnaround when they actually get their shit together. Either that or wait til too close to the time to find out from reviews!

It's a normal 3DS (launch day).

I just thought someone here might have played a demo or know someone who has?

I can't remember fully but was the R button on previous handheld zelda's only used as an item button?

If that was all it was I could live with teh dodgey R button for now, if it anything like Wind Waker HD, which uses X, Y and R for items I'd be fine with that :heh: