Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo 3DS Direct + Wii U Stuff - 17th April - 3pm BST

Serebii

Yes.

They need a big E3 with plenty of new announcements for major titles. Beyond a few eshop titles and some localisations I can't see them revealing anything major that we don't know about or isn't available in Japan already, not this side of E3.

Still happy to be proved wrong though! :D

I remember Nintendo saying that they see E3 as being more for the mass market, and general populace rather than the core gamer these days, so I wouldn't expect that many gamer-centric megatons

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if I would expect it at this Nintendo Direct or not but I am almost certainly expecting there to either be a portable Pikmin game for the 3DS or something at least Pikmin related that interacts with Pikmin 3 on the Wii U, for some reason I think it's almost a certainty and would certainly go some way to explaining why its been delayed perhaps.

Thoughts? : peace:

I don't know if I would expect it at this Nintendo Direct or not but I am almost certainly expecting there to either be a portable Pikmin game for the 3DS or something at least Pikmin related that interacts with Pikmin 3 on the Wii U, for some reason I think it's almost a certainty and would certainly go some way to explaining why its been delayed perhaps.

Thoughts? : peace:

It's called Mario&Luigi: Dream Team

Miyamoto:

"“It’s almost a coincidence that this is coming out the same year as a Pikmin game, because one of the main themes of the Mario and Luigi: Dream Team is the idea of these mobs of Luigis – these big mobs of Luigis that are attacking the enemies that has sort of a Pikmin-like feel to it.”"

I remember Nintendo saying that they see E3 as being more for the mass market, and general populace rather than the core gamer these days, so I wouldn't expect that many gamer-centric megatons

Also, it now seems to be about showing near-finished products to shareholders/the media. For example, I can't imagine, at E3, Iwata saying "Now over to Eiji Aonuma for his musings on the next Zelda", but that's basically what happened in the January Nintendo Direct, and it was all the better for it.

A Japan ND finally got announced and with it comes the news that we will be getting Wii U info as well.

NCL has announced a presentation by Satoru Iwata today, Apr. 17th at 11 pm Japan Time, covering new information on Nintendo 3DS and first-party Wii U titles, as well as next week's Wii U update. Given the title, one can expect an update on New Super Luigi U.

Nice to see Nintendo sticking to tradition and releasing something at the end of the month. :laughing: Nice to finally get confirmation, been waking up all month and checking my feeds for news that it's available.

Hope this means the VC gets a full release as they promised in the last ND as well.

Guess this means we're getting an hour tutorial on how to download the new update. ;)

Nice to see Nintendo sticking to tradition and releasing something at the end of the month. :laughing: Nice to finally get confirmation, been waking up all month and checking my feeds for news that it's available.

Hope this means the VC gets a full release as they promised in the last ND as well.

Guess this means we're getting an hour tutorial on how to download the new update. ;)

Much of that will be watching Iwata wait for it to download

Predicting that the WiiU news will go -

Iwata - "And this-a month we've been delighted to release not 1... but 2 big wiiu titles, here's a 5 minute trailer of Monster Hunter, followed by 5 minutes of Lego City Undercover to remind you of the great games released for Wii U in March."

Iwata - "Our 3rd party support has never been better, March also saw the release of 2 high profile 3rd party games in Needa for speeda and movie tie in the croods."

Iwata - "You asked, and we at Nintendo listened, we're happy to push 4 whole games out to you in one month."

Iwata - "And just a reminder here is the exciting release schedule we have for you in winter this year.... 'Pikmin 3, Game & Wario, Wonderful 101!'

Iwata - "Again 3rd party towards the end of the year will be very very strong... 'Ubisoft game1, Ubisoft game2, Ubisoft game3, Ubisoft game4 & Call of Duty MW4!"

Enjoy WiiU

All jokes aside, I'm highly anticipating E3, I just want concrete release dates for their remaining "Launch Window Games"

:(

Edited by Murr

I'm expecting NSMBU Luigi news, Animal Crossing bundle, Mario Vs Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Country 3D and Wii U update news. I'm hoping for release dates for Pikmin 3, Zelda Oracle games and a localisation announcement for Bravely Default. Anything else will be gravy.

Oh and if that Zelda MM rumour turns out to be true, then my head will explode from excitement. :D

I hope it's not a MM remake. I want an original Zelda for 3DS, not another remake!

I've never been interested much in remakes but I actually WANT Majora's Mask to appear on 3DS, in similar style to Ocarina of Time :smile:

I don't have the original game on N64 and have only played about half of it on The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition on GC. With that in mind, I'd like to be able to play it from start to finish on 3DS with the added bonus of being able to close over the screen and be able to resume any time :grin: