N-Europe

inFamous: Second Son / First Light

Cube

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second Son will likely have a comic-book sequence at the start to fill you in, as the series has done already.

The city looks a bit too... clinical. I've mentioned it before but something's still slightly amiss, to me. It'll almost certainly be fine when it comes to playing it I'm sure.

So apparently Italy's Gamestop preorder bonus for this game is a pack of Infamous themed glow in the dark condoms.

With bonus child** due for release sometime in Q1 2015* upon usage of pre-order gift.

*Based on the assumption of immediate usage, release date may change at any time.

**Any child that you have as a result of using these contraceptives - which will probably rip during use - will remain the property of GameStop limited for the duration of their life-time, we reserve the right to withdraw these persons at any time without reason or consent.

So glad I got a 1TB hard drive for my PS4.

Upcoming PlayStation 4-exclusive Infamous: Second Son will require a 24GB install, according to an image of the game's official European box sleeve posted on the PlayStation forums.

By comparison, PlayStation 3 game Infamous 2 clocked in at 14GB, according to the game's product page on the Sony Entertainment Network website. Of course, the PS4 allows you to start playing before downloads are complete, thanks to its new PlayGo system.

One of the biggest PS4 games so far is Killzone: Shadow Fall, which weighs in at a massive 39.7GB and could have been even bigger. The PS4 sports an upgradeable 500GB hard drive, so you'd need to be doing some heavy downloading to max out the system's allotted space.

Infamous: Second Son launches exclusively for the PS4 on March 21. It is the third main entry in the series, following 2009's original Infamous and 2011's Infamous 2. For more on the game, check out GameSpot's previous coverage.

Oh and in case you haven't played the previous titles:

Infamous gets a series sale on PSN Europe ahead of Second Son

Infamous: Second Son is one of the first major PS4 exclusives to come to the console since it launched some three months ago, so it's kind of a big deal for Sony. That's why its Euro branch is chucking an Infamous sale at PSN users ahead of the game's launch next month.

If you're totally new to Sucker Punch's elemental open-world action series, but you do want in on the whole caboodle, then the Infamous Collection offers the best value. It includes all three Infa-games - that's Infamous, Infamous 2, and the vampiric standalone expansion Festival of Blood - and it's down by just under half to £15.38/18.89 euros/AU$28.05. If you'd prefer, the three games are all on sale individually, and there's a 10 percent discount on all the purchases for PS Plus members. Check out the full list of discounts on the PS Blog.

That trilogy of games features electric hero/anti-hero Cole McGrath, but Second Son introduces a new, smokier star in Delsin Rowe. As for whether the game is as smoking as its new protagonist, we'll find out when it hits PS4 in a month's time on March 21.

Edited by Cookyman

Oh that's actually a relatively pleasant surprise as I was naturally assuming that the install was going to be closer to 40GB so 24GB doesn't seem so bad to me. :)

Nice to hear that all the inFamous games are going to be on sale as well, I have inFamous1&2 but only recently started playing through them but I will certainly be purchasing Festival of Blood. :D

I downloaded the inFamous 2 theme that's free for plus users as well, looks amazing. : peace:

• 2 weeks later...