NEurope
darkjak

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Wii U / Switch

£47.99 on Amazon if you're on Prime

Yup. Good to see the prices starting to fall to something more reasonable.

I have the normal and special edition preordered at the moment. Need to make a decision which one I want to keep.

Nintendo have stated the differences between WiiU and Switch version:

Both launch on the same day, March 3.

Both have a frame rate of 30fps.

Both versions of the game offer the same content.

On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders in 900p while the Wii U version renders in 720p.

The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game’s Open-Air feel.

The physical copy of the Wii U version will require 3GB of available memory on the Wii U system or an external drive.

Some icons, such as onscreen buttons, differ between the two versions.

A Special Edition and Master Edition of the Wii U version are not available.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2017/01/17/nintendo-explains-differences-between-switch-wii-u-versions-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild

The game really does look stunning at times, although overall it can't quite match the quality of those first shots that we saw (which is understandable given the hardware it was initially developed on).

I'm excited to see what they can do with this engine. Hopefully they'll be able to get another Zelda, built ground up for the Switch to take advantage of its power, on the system within 2-3 years, much like they did with Majora's Mask following Ocarina of Time.

(which is understandable given the hardware it was initially developed on).
So frustrating this keeps happening with Zelda :(

It then seems to lead to a completely new engine and graphical style being developed for the next Zelda.

Yup. Good to see the prices starting to fall to something more reasonable.

Yep it's just a repeat of what we saw with xb1/ps4 games. The rrp will drop by launch date.

My god. What would this game have been in 2015?... it boggles the mind what the original plan for the game was.

Always reminds me of N64 magazines feature of the most pointless jobs in gaming and they had a screen shot from Ocarina of Time's credits and it had "time management director" or something like that; the game was delayed by 2 years! Sack that employee!!

It was delayed one year and then a few months to coincide with Switch's launch. Pretty much every big game is delayed these days. Happens everywhere

I kinda preordered the LE assuming it would be good, only just looked at what's in it, what a load of crap :p cancelled and pre-ordered the regular edition at that Prime price.

The map and coin that the US get are much better items than the statue.

The map and coin that the US get are much better items than the statue.

The fact that we aren't getting the case, map or coin is exactly why I cancelled my Limited Edition pre-order. I'm sure the soundtrack will probably be releasing separately, and the statue? Meh.

EDIT: First BotW UK TV advert (Nintendo Switch)

Edited by Julius Caesar
Automerged Doublepost

EDIT: First BotW UK TV advert (Nintendo Switch)

I'm surprised Nintendo are endorsing the use of such a bulky headset. :D

The game really does look stunning at times, although overall it can't quite match the quality of those first shots that we saw (which is understandable given the hardware it was initially developed on).

I'm excited to see what they can do with this engine. Hopefully they'll be able to get another Zelda, built ground up for the Switch to take advantage of its power, on the system within 2-3 years, much like they did with Majora's Mask following Ocarina of Time.

I hope so too.

Switch development started a year back.

[tweet]822006983880482817[/tweet]

Now confirmed that this will be the final Wii U game.

Not even four-and-a-half years after launch, Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be the final first-party title to come to the system.

This was confirmed by Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime, who spoke to Polygon following the Switch launch event in New York City Friday.

“From a first-party standpoint, there's no new development coming after the launch of the legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild,” he said. “We really are at the end of life for Wii U.”

Edited by Julius Caesar